Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak (photo of Gabby holding AR-15

By AWR Hawkins
Breitbart ^
03/14/2013

Giffords.png

Mark Kelly's campaign against "assault weapons" such as the AR-15 rifle has sparked a local backlash. On March 13, a Tucson, Arizona radio host published a photograph of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords holding an AR-15 rifle at a gun range. Giffords has since confirmed that the photograph is authentic. James T. Harris, blogging at the website of "101.4 FM The Truth," wrote:

What is wrong with this picture? Absolutely nothing, and prior to the aggressive progressive opportunistic fear mongering in the wake of Sandy Hook, this picture would have raised no eyebrows and garnered little public attention.

However, in response to the exploitative political scheming of Mark Kelly, persons connected to Congresswoman Giffords released this photo in response to what they perceived to be her husband’s hypocrisy.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak

Look at that picture!

What could possibly make Gabby change her mind about having AR-15s in public hands?
Maybe it was a bullet passing through her brain

So you are saying that her motives are selfish?

She was fine with it until it affected her?

to a lib its fine she changes her stance on gun rights, but they are all over a republican who change his mind about gay rights. the hypocriscy is sickening

I see Breitbart Blog found that picture. I thought Breitbart blog was supposed to be completely false and unreliable according to the liberals. Too bad he isn't alive to see this moment.

Giffords wanted to pander to the Arizona gun owners for votes. Trying to look like a badass.

Hoisted by her own petard.

By AWR Hawkins
Breitbart ^
03/14/2013

Giffords.png

Mark Kelly's campaign against "assault weapons" such as the AR-15 rifle has sparked a local backlash. On March 13, a Tucson, Arizona radio host published a photograph of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords holding an AR-15 rifle at a gun range. Giffords has since confirmed that the photograph is authentic. James T. Harris, blogging at the website of "101.4 FM The Truth," wrote:

What is wrong with this picture? Absolutely nothing, and prior to the aggressive progressive opportunistic fear mongering in the wake of Sandy Hook, this picture would have raised no eyebrows and garnered little public attention.

However, in response to the exploitative political scheming of Mark Kelly, persons connected to Congresswoman Giffords released this photo in response to what they perceived to be her husband’s hypocrisy.

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Look at that picture!

What could possibly make Gabby change her mind about having AR-15s in public hands?

not a bullet from an ar-15 thoiugh.

So Giffords should only be against the weapons that actually shot her?

What is so hard for Gun nuts to understand that getting shot in the brain and having your entire life altered could possibly affect your views on gun control?

And you have the gall to call Giffords a hypocrite?

What a bunch of assholes

Only her face and her hand are in color. The rest of the photo is in black and white. Can you spell "Photoshop"?

I can spell photoshop. I can also see that only the target is a black and white photo. The photo is a campaign photo from October 2010. You could find that information for yourself if you investigated. So, sadly for you, it's not photoshopped.

You are too late. She already admitted it was her. Nice try. Maybe next time, eh?

Look at that picture!

to a lib its fine she changes her stance on gun rights, but they are all over a republican who change his mind about gay rights. the hypocriscy is sickening

Being nearly killed does not change your views on gun control?

It worked with Reagan who was a huge supporter of the Brady bill

Look at that picture!

You didnt hear the new definitions as put pout by the progressives?

When a republican changes his/her stance.....he or she is fickle and flip flopping for political expediency.

When a democrat changes his/her stance...he or she is evolving as they apply lifes experiences and intellectual reasoning.

Only her face and her hand are in color. The rest of the photo is in black and white. Can you spell "Photoshop"?

I can spell photoshop. I can also see that only the target is a black and white photo. The photo is a campaign photo from October 2010. You could find that information for yourself if you investigated. So, sadly for you, it's not photoshopped.

You are too late. She already admitted it was her. Nice try. Maybe next time, eh?

You didn't read carefully. Vandalshandle was claiming it was photoshopped. I was informing him it was a real picture.

Look at that picture!

What is so hard for Gun nuts to understand that getting shot in the brain and having your entire life altered could possibly affect your views on gun control?

What a bunch of assholes

AR 15 style rifles and high capacity magazines are not a problem. and statistically they have shown thet are not a problem. you can only site a handfull of incidents in the last 10 years. Fact is, most of thes weapons are never used for any wrong doing. if we want ot take a look at numbers she should be more opposed to hammers.

In 2010, Gabby Giffords was in a heated race against a Tea Partier by the name of Jesse Kelly. Jesse Kelly held a stunt in June 2010:

2jg2sm9.gif

To show she was a tough guy, too, Giffords started appearing with big guns in photos.

I found a Newsweek magazine article from October 2010, courtesy of the Wayback Machine: Gabrielle Giffords - Newsweek

Democratic House candidate, Arizona’s 8th District

Gabrielle Giffords owns a Glock handgun, and as a two-term Democratic congresswoman representing a swing district in Arizona’s rugged southeast, she may need one. Still, the NRA only gives her a tepid D+ rating. In a tough election cycle in which Democrats are bracing for a backlash from rural voters, every photo op counts, including this earlier one, featured on Giffords’s Flickr page. And that’s especially important when your competition is Jesse Kelly, renowned for once describing Sarah Palin as too moderate.

Here is the accompanying photo:

2ly5p8x.jpg

Check out the size of that magazine!

"Gabrielle Giffords owns a Glock handgun."

She was shot by a Glock handgun, too.

Not an AR-15.

Last edited:

What a bunch of assholes

AR 15 style rifles and high capacity magazines are not a problem. and statistically they have shown thet are not a problem. you can only site a handfull of incidents in the last 10 years. Fact is, most of thes weapons are never used for any wrong doing. if we want ot take a look at numbers she should be more opposed to hammers.

Functionally, what is intrinsically wrong with AR-15s?
Maybe not much more than your typical deep hunting rifle

But nothing says "I'm a badass" like an AR-15. Combine it with a 50 round magazine and you are all ready to shoot up your local movie theater or first grade classroom

What a bunch of assholes

If you truly feel that way when you see an AR-15, then I would support you giving up your 2nd Amendment rights and seeking help from your State's Mental Health Department. I think you have made a fine choice in not having a weapon at hand.

But nothing says "I'm a badass" like an AR-15. Combine it with a 50 round magazine and you are all ready to shoot up your local movie theater or first grade classroom

If you TRULY feel that way, then I support you giving up your Second Amendment Rights and seeking assistance from your State's Mental Health Department. I wish you well.

Makes no difference to me if Abraham Lincoln himself were to arise from his grave and announce that he is against gun control. All you cowboys who demand your 100 round ammo cartridges are still paranoid Swartzenager wannbes, and delusional conspiracy theorists, as far as I am concerned.

Don't forget to wear your camouflage clothes at the range, to completer your image.You can also buy online chrome bull testicals to put on the back of your pickup trucks.

By AWR Hawkins
Breitbart ^
03/14/2013

Giffords.png

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Look at that picture!

the mugged liberal defense, classic :lol:

What a bunch of assholes

And if you can't get a 50 round magazine, I guess you will just call off your murder spree.

"Darn it. I was so looking forward to killing some people today, but that gosh darned high cap magazine ban has foiled me again!"

Brietbart is having you on again.

She's always been pro-2nd amendment and has always owned guns. I agree with her and her husband completely but that doesn't mean I need to own a 100 round drum and an assault rifle.

And it also means you don't get to tell me I cannot.

What a bunch of assholes

translation- 'Spoon is right but I am an imbecile, instead of moving on and not commenting I have to double down to be sure everyone gets that I am a moron.

Forum List

Back