Margaret Thatcher is removed from a list of inspirational women by woke students at Durham University art event - due to the 'impact of her policies'

Was she inspirational? Yes

Her legacy and the lasting impact of her programs need to be addressed in historical perspective.

Much like Reagan’s

But that is not what the woke university is doing. They removed her from the list.

She is "cancelled".

I agree with you

She deserves to be discussed for good or bad.

Ah yes, allowing people to keep more of their money is always an evil thing to progs or Muslim Lovers.

We exist in a society. As a society, everyone does better by pooling resources and doing what is best for all.

That includes infrastructure, education, healthcare, security, caring for the poor.

As Oliver Wendell Holmes said.......Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society.

When Lady Thatcher died, the English people showed their best side.

That is to say, no one of consequence said anything negative about her.

Even her bitterest political enemies simply maintained the proverbial English "stiff upper lip."

Of course, this is 2021, and the country is a-changing (to say the least!), so I guess that it is not that surprising to see those university "students" take that stance.

Well done to these youngsters. Thatcher belongs on a list of the most disgusting humans ever and should not be held up for admiration. Homophobic, racist and authoritarian she presided over one of the most disgusting governments in our history.

Note how the Daily Heil denigrates the students by using the word "woke". A typically right wing tactic to demonise sensible folk.

Well done to these youngsters. Thatcher belongs on a list of the most disgusting humans ever and should not be held up for admiration. Homophobic, racist and authoritarian she presided over one of the most disgusting governments in our history.

Note how the Daily Heil denigrates the students by using the word "woke". A typically right wing tactic to demonise sensible folk.
She was an outstanding leader-------------truly one of a kind and you hate her. FIGURES.
Well, she wasn't artsy fartsy, for sure.

She was an outstanding leader-------------truly one of a kind and you hate her. FIGURES.
She really wasnt. She was the most divisive PM we have ever had. Her best mates were fascists like pinochet and she gave away public assets to fund tax cuts for her rich backers. Absolute scum.
IN otherwords, she gave tax cuts? You hold this against her given how outrageous the BRITS taxes are?

Again she was a great leader--cutting taxes is plus not a negative in her column.

Ah yes, allowing people to keep more of their money is always an evil thing to progs or Muslim Lovers.

We exist in a society. As a society, everyone does better by pooling resources and doing what is best for all.

That includes infrastructure, education, healthcare, security, caring for the poor.

As Oliver Wendell Holmes said.......Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society.

So Cuba and Communist nations are the most civilized? Really?

She really wasnt. She was the most divisive PM we have ever had. Her best mates were fascists like pinochet and she gave away public assets to fund tax cuts for her rich backers. Absolute scum.
IN otherwords, she gave tax cuts? You hold this against her given how outrageous the BRITS taxes are?

Again she was a great leader--cutting taxes is plus not a negative in her column.

I'm thinking he might be referring to some sort of privatization.

You ever notice how with libs, you have to nail them down to what they actually fucking mean?

IMO, it is because they know that clearly stating their positions, will lead to them being quickly refuted.

So, they have to be vague, to give themselves wiggle room to dance, and deflect, and minimize or lie, ect ect ect.

You ever notice how with libs, you have to nail them down to what they actually fucking mean?

IMO, it is because they know that clearly stating their positions, will lead to them being quickly refuted.

So, they have to be vague, to give themselves wiggle room to dance, and deflect, and minimize or lie, ect ect ect.

More than privatization, it was an abandonment of the people. She sold out the workers, the unions, cut back social programs.
Thatcher took sides and it wasn’t with the working class

More than privatization, it was an abandonment of the people. She sold out the workers, the unions, cut back social programs.

Tommy made a specific point about "giving away" state assets.

I think he was specifically referring to privatization. And in the process lying about it. Because they were not "given" but "sold".

I believe. We often have to guess meanings, with people like Tommy, they are often vague on purpose so they can lie and evade later.

And truthfully, I am not that familiar with details of Thatcher's domestic policies. Before my time, to a great extent.

says the fruitcake

I think he was specifically referring to privatization. And in the process lying about it. Because they were not "given" but "sold".

I believe. We often have to guess meanings, with people like Tommy, they are often vague on purpose so they can lie and evade later.

And truthfully, I am not that familiar with details of Thatcher's domestic policies. Before my time, to a great extent.
There are several aspects to it. She privatised public assets at a huge discount and used that money to fund tax cuts for the rich. One or two may have been justified such as BA but the resultant sell offs have left folk paying more for essentials than they would have. Water comes to mind. Rail travel is another. The UK soon had the highest fares in Europe as all our network became owned by foreign rail companies.

The evil bitch put no safeguards in place to prevent this. So profits on British train services went to subsidise rail fares in France and Germany. Profits made in the main by UK government subsidies. How is that "great leadership" ?

She allied with some disgusting regimes including South Africa, demonised homosexuals and worked night and day to undermine trade unions. Her own party kicked her out after becoming sick of her and her tenure coincided with the biggest social unrest since the war.

She had no redeeming features and the right would be as well to leave her moulder in the grave rather than dig up her worthless corpse to fight their modern day battles against decency.

There are several aspects to it. She privatised public assets at a huge discount and used that money to fund tax cuts for the rich. One or two may have been justified such as BA but the resultant sell offs have left folk paying more for essentials than they would have. Water comes to mind. Rail travel is another. The UK soon had the highest fares in Europe as all our network became owned by foreign rail companies.

The evil bitch put no safeguards in place to prevent this. So profits on British train services went to subsidise rail fares in France and Germany. Profits made in the main by UK government subsidies. How is that "great leadership" ?

She allied with some disgusting regimes including South Africa, demonised homosexuals and worked night and day to undermine trade unions. Her own party kicked her out after becoming sick of her and her tenure coincided with the biggest social unrest since the war.

She had no redeeming features and the right would be as well to leave her moulder in the grave rather than dig up her worthless corpse to fight their modern day battles against decency.
sorry--remember what I ''''said'''????? Americans know more about the UK than Brits do ............ [ get it ? ]

If the poor doesnt pay taxes, how can they get a tax cut? Only working people can get tax cuts. Why do you hate working people?

I suspect you hate her because of #3..........again she was a fantastic leader--
I'll see your "10 major accomplishments" and raise you..

1. She supported the retention of capital punishment

2. She destroyed the country's manufacturing industry

3. She voted against the relaxation of divorce laws

4. She abolished free milk for schoolchildren

5. She supported more freedom for business (and look how that turned out)

6. She gained support from the National Front in the 1979 election by pandering to the fears of immigration (ring any recent bells?)

7. She gerrymandered local authorities by forcing through council house sales, at the same time preventing councils from spending the money they got for selling houses on building new houses (spending on social housing dropped by 67% in her premiership) Homelessness is now a major problem in the UK

8. She was responsible for 3.6 million unemployed - the highest figure and the highest proportion of the workforce in history and three times the previous government. Massaging of the figures means that the figure was closer to 5 million.

9. She ignored intelligence about Argentinian preparations for the invasion of the Falkland Islands and scrapped the only Royal Navy presence in the islands, which had had a deterrant effect previously

10. The poll tax (enough said)

11. She presided over the closure of 150 coal mines; we are now crippled by the cost of energy, having to import expensive coal from abroad.

12. She compared her "fight" against the miners to the Falklands War. She oppressed her own countrymen.

13. She privatised state monopolies and created the corporate greed culture that eventually caused the crash of 2008 in the UK

14. She introduced the gradual privatisation of the NHS, which sadly continued under "new" Labour and subsequent Tory governments cumulating in the latest sell off of GP surgeries to a US company

15. She introduced financial deregulation in a way that turned city institutions into avaricious money pits, see the financial crisis of 2008

16. She pioneered the unfailing adoration and unquestioning support of the USA, That went well in Iraqand Afghanistan (don't mention Iran)

17. She allowed the US to place nuclear missiles on UK soil, under US control.

18. Section 28 (enough said)

19. She opposed anti-apartheid sanctions against South Africa and described Nelson Mandela as "that grubby little terrorist"

20. She supported the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and sent the SAS to train their soldiers! (My Pol pot, what a fine fellow he turned out to be)

21. She allowed the US to bomb Libya in 1986, against the wishes of more than 2/3 of the UK population.

22. She opposed the reunification of Germany!

23. She invented Quangos.

24. She increased VAT from 8% to 17.5%

25. She had the lowest approval rating of any post-war Prime Minister

26. Her post-PM job? Consultant to Philip Morris tobacco at $250,000 a year, plus $50,000 per speech

27. The Al Yamamah contract

28. She opposed the indictment of Chile's General Pinochet

29. Social unrest under her leadership was higher than at any time since the General Strike of 1926

30. She presided over interest rates increasing to 15%

31. BSE

32. She presided over 2 million manufacturing job losses in the 79-81 recession

33. She opposed the inclusion of Eire in the Northern Ireland peace process

34. She supported sanctions-busting arms deals with South Africa

35. Cecil Parkinson, Alan Clark, David Mellor, Jeffrey Archer, Jonathan Aitkin (enough said)

36. Crime rates doubled under Thatcher

37. Black Wednesday – Britain withdraws from the ERM and the pound is devalued. Cost to Britain - £3.5 billion; profit for George Soros - £1 billion

38. Poverty doubled while she opposed a minimum wage

39. She privatised public services, claiming at the time it would increase public ownership. Most are now owned either by foreign governments (EDF) or major investment houses. The profits don’t now accrue to the taxpayer, but to foreign or institutional shareholders.

40. She cut 75% of funding to museums, galleries and other sources of education

41. In the Thatcher years the top 10% of earners received almost 50% of the tax remissions

42. 21.9% inflation

No wonder people held street parties throughout the UK when the bitch finally died.

So, she did NOT give them away as you first claimed. You lied because you disagreed with her on policy.

Got it. That was exactly what I assumed when I first read your post.

Tell me TOmmy. Does it bother you that people can just assume that you are lying when you post, and it turns out that they are correct?

That would bother me, if it were me.

Just saying.

So, she did NOT give them away as you first claimed. You lied because you disagreed with her on policy.

Tell me TOmmy. Does it bother you that people can just assume that you are lying when you post, and it turns out that they are correct?

Just saying.
She gave them away. They were all sold at an undervalue to encourage mass participation. I understand that concept would be beyond you.

Just saying.
She gave them away. They were all sold at an undervalue to encourage mass participation. I understand that concept would be beyond you.

You contradict yourself. Gifts are not sold. If you have a valid disagreement with her on policy that is one thing, but you leftards always have to pretend your enemies are comic book supervillians.

You are retarded children.

I suspect you hate her because of #3..........again she was a fantastic leader--
I'll see your "10 major accomplishments" and raise you..

1. She supported the retention of capital punishment

2. She destroyed the country's manufacturing industry

3. She voted against the relaxation of divorce laws

4. She abolished free milk for schoolchildren

5. She supported more freedom for business (and look how that turned out)

6. She gained support from the National Front in the 1979 election by pandering to the fears of immigration (ring any recent bells?)

7. She gerrymandered local authorities by forcing through council house sales, at the same time preventing councils from spending the money they got for selling houses on building new houses (spending on social housing dropped by 67% in her premiership) Homelessness is now a major problem in the UK

8. She was responsible for 3.6 million unemployed - the highest figure and the highest proportion of the workforce in history and three times the previous government. Massaging of the figures means that the figure was closer to 5 million.

9. She ignored intelligence about Argentinian preparations for the invasion of the Falkland Islands and scrapped the only Royal Navy presence in the islands, which had had a deterrant effect previously

10. The poll tax (enough said)

11. She presided over the closure of 150 coal mines; we are now crippled by the cost of energy, having to import expensive coal from abroad.

12. She compared her "fight" against the miners to the Falklands War. She oppressed her own countrymen.

13. She privatised state monopolies and created the corporate greed culture that eventually caused the crash of 2008 in the UK

14. She introduced the gradual privatisation of the NHS, which sadly continued under "new" Labour and subsequent Tory governments cumulating in the latest sell off of GP surgeries to a US company

15. She introduced financial deregulation in a way that turned city institutions into avaricious money pits, see the financial crisis of 2008

16. She pioneered the unfailing adoration and unquestioning support of the USA, That went well in Iraqand Afghanistan (don't mention Iran)

17. She allowed the US to place nuclear missiles on UK soil, under US control.

18. Section 28 (enough said)

19. She opposed anti-apartheid sanctions against South Africa and described Nelson Mandela as "that grubby little terrorist"

20. She supported the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and sent the SAS to train their soldiers! (My Pol pot, what a fine fellow he turned out to be)

21. She allowed the US to bomb Libya in 1986, against the wishes of more than 2/3 of the UK population.

22. She opposed the reunification of Germany!

23. She invented Quangos.

24. She increased VAT from 8% to 17.5%

25. She had the lowest approval rating of any post-war Prime Minister

26. Her post-PM job? Consultant to Philip Morris tobacco at $250,000 a year, plus $50,000 per speech

27. The Al Yamamah contract

28. She opposed the indictment of Chile's General Pinochet

29. Social unrest under her leadership was higher than at any time since the General Strike of 1926

30. She presided over interest rates increasing to 15%

31. BSE

32. She presided over 2 million manufacturing job losses in the 79-81 recession

33. She opposed the inclusion of Eire in the Northern Ireland peace process

34. She supported sanctions-busting arms deals with South Africa

35. Cecil Parkinson, Alan Clark, David Mellor, Jeffrey Archer, Jonathan Aitkin (enough said)

36. Crime rates doubled under Thatcher

37. Black Wednesday – Britain withdraws from the ERM and the pound is devalued. Cost to Britain - £3.5 billion; profit for George Soros - £1 billion

38. Poverty doubled while she opposed a minimum wage

39. She privatised public services, claiming at the time it would increase public ownership. Most are now owned either by foreign governments (EDF) or major investment houses. The profits don’t now accrue to the taxpayer, but to foreign or institutional shareholders.

40. She cut 75% of funding to museums, galleries and other sources of education

41. In the Thatcher years the top 10% of earners received almost 50% of the tax remissions

42. 21.9% inflation

No wonder people held street parties throughout the UK when the bitch finally died.
1614616703325.png
1614616760338.png

1614616785992.png

Forum List

Back