Many paths...one God?

Not agnostic atheists, which is most by far. They don't have to think everyone is wrong. They acknowledge one may be right.

You, other other hand, think exactly one set of myths is correct and are certain the rest are all wrong.

So you are much more strident and closed-minded than the vast majority of atheists, when it comes to this.
Agnostic atheists are mutually exclusive beliefs. It's like facebook having 56 options for gender. It's not real.

You are incorrect about my beliefs. I don't read ancient man's accounts literally like fundies and atheists do. I use my brain.

What is it that you believe I am closed minded about? I've made an objective assessment. I've thoughtfully and objectively considered the two options. That's way more than you have ever done.

They don't have to think everyone is wrong. They acknowledge one may be right.
I don't think in terms like that. I doubt anyone's perception of God is 100% correct. Being right or wrong about one's theology isn't even a question that one should waste time upon. The only important question is do my beliefs progress me. That's really the question we all need to be asking ourselves. Do my beliefs help me become the best version I can be?

Atheists must believe that whereas I can accept elements of their beliefs.

why not the views of polytheism ... to become a god, liberation theology of the 1st century - the true story.

as in stop crucifying people, have christians and jews, the desert religions ever thought of that. everything for one (moses) really is a bad idea. from someone that had plenty of them. for a book of religion.

I don't think in terms like that. I doubt anyone's perception of God is 100% correct. Being right or wrong about one's theology isn't even a question that one should waste time upon. The only important question is do my beliefs progress me. That's really the question we all need to be asking ourselves. Do my beliefs help me become the best version I can be?

not good enough -

the religion of antiquity is for all humanity - sink or swim together. the final judgement.

She said "every living thing". That would include plants.

flora as fauna would not exist without a spiritual content.

one might wonder -

1645234637896.png

which is the unnatural ...

1645234678976.jpeg

easy answer for the heavens.

One God, No Path.

I believe in a single Deity, a Universal Power without human traits or emotions.

I don’t believe there IS a path. No easy road to getting it right. Instead there is a starting point and an end point. Your job is to get between the two while maintaining the Proper Way of Life.
These thoughts fit well with the fact that everyone at birth is given either a geographical advantage or disadvantage regarding access to knowledge. Yes, it’s been said that everyone has a little Jesus in their heart upon birth, but even if that’s the case, it’s still not an even playing field. This is why I believe there are many paths.

Yes, it’s been said that everyone has a little Jesus in their heart upon birth, but even if that’s the case, it’s still not an even playing field. This is why I believe there are many paths.
It took me 27 years to get that diseased crap called “Jesus” out of my heart. It was only after that when I learned there aren’t many paths, or even a single path. There are no repeatable paths… because life is a minefield where the land mines are constantly changing places under our feet.

It took me 27 years to get that diseased crap called “Jesus” out of my heart. It was only after that when I learned there aren’t many paths, or even a single path. There are no repeatable paths… because life is a minefield where the land mines are constantly changing places under our feet.

too bad there is not clarity - the 4th century c bible - than the true events of the 1st century liberation theology, self determination the religious itinerant and many others died for.

and yes, when realized the c bible is an awful book.

the golden rule is a path - the religion of antiquity is a path w/ a destination. the triumph of good vs evil - as prescribed from the heavens.

the golden rule is a path - the religion of antiquity is a path w/ a destination. the triumph of good vs evil - as prescribed from the heavens.
It’s a path but it isn’t necessarily a path that leads to where you should want to go. The Gilden Rule suggests that the path would always be the same for everyone. I completely disagree with that idea. For example… the moral life for a woman is VERY different than the moral life for a Nan.

It’s a path but it isn’t necessarily a path that leads to where you should want to go. The Gilden Rule suggests that the path would always be the same for everyone. I completely disagree with that idea. For example… the moral life for a woman is VERY different than the moral life for a Nan.

true of the golden rule, and probably everyone would claim to follow it - and get elected.

the religion of antiquity would be resolved when accomplished which was their triumph by judgement from the heavens ...

Along those lines, would it be preferable for humans to not have free will of choice? I would imagine a loving God would not create life that only moves around and speaks within fixed conditions. A predetermined path isn’t anything I can grasp either. That’s like “fixing the game in advance” where some win and some lose, no matter what they do. Unless one believes that the Creator of life is a game player, that doesn’t seem rational either.

For the record, I am arguing for the existence of God from a soft agnostic position. I am always open to seeing the light, and happenstance requires just as much faith (until perhaps more tech comes along that reaches farther back in time going beyond birth of stars and black hole discoveries) but I’ve lost the faith I once had.

Forum List

Back