Many paths...one God?

Jesus said--Enter through the narrow gate( a single path), for broad and spacious( many paths) is the road that leads to destruction, many have entered this way, for narrow is the path and cramped the road that leads off into life, Few are the ones finding it.

In a world where man was predestined to have knowledge of good and evil, everything of worth is arrived at through a conflict and confusion process. Evil is the absence of good. The only value of evil is for good to come from it. Logically evil serves as the impetus for man to determine what is true. But we get to discover these truths on our own time rather than being forced to be virtuous. This is what it means to have knowledge of good and evil and this is the value of having knowledge of good and evil.
That reminds me of something else I heard…

One of the things that has always pushed me away from religions like Christianity is the idea of hell. That some, either due to his behavior or belief is consigned to eternal torment for eternity for tbe actions of what be a millisecond in God’s timetable.

What makes more sense is either reincarnation (you screwed up kid, we are sending you back to fix your mistakes) or that hell is not a place but the absence of God…in that sense we make our own hell and find our own heaven.

I also believe that every living thing carries within a tiny piece of God, because God is life.

That reminds me of something else I heard…

One of the things that has always pushed me away from religions like Christianity is the idea of hell. That some, either due to his behavior or belief is consigned to eternal torment for eternity for tbe actions of what be a millisecond in God’s timetable.

What makes more sense is either reincarnation (you screwed up kid, we are sending you back to fix your mistakes) or that hell is not a place but the absence of God…in that sense we make our own hell and find our own heaven.
I'm not sure we can make sense of anything to be honest. I guess we are all just going to have to take our chances.

There's an old saying, if there is nothing you can do about it, why worry? If there is something you can do about it, why worry?

The only thing that is certain is that I am not a good person. I've made a lot of mistakes. So if Christ did not pay my debt, looks like I will be paying. My plan when I meet my maker is to be very humble and very apologetic.

Jesus said--Enter through the narrow gate( a single path), for broad and spacious( many paths) is the road that leads to destruction, many have entered this way, for narrow is the path and cramped the road that leads off into life, Few are the ones finding it.

when that was written surly would not have been a time where their destiny would be accomplished for them by worshiping a messiah.

the path for a&e to accomplish their mission would seem near endless more than narrow. to triumph over evil.

when that was written surly would not have been a time where their destiny would be accomplished for them by worshiping a messiah.

the path for a&e to accomplish their mission would seem near endless more than narrow. to triumph over evil.

The Father is the only one to be worshipped-John 4:22-24-- Yes one must wash their robes white=Be righteous and holy.

The Father is the only one to be worshipped-John 4:22-24-- Yes one must wash their robes white=Be righteous and holy.

the difference then is the interpretation between the 1st century events and 4th century renderings made by the c bible enclave of those events as also the difference with the other two contradictory - abrahamic religions.

simply put - one does not travel a path who worships a messiah.

which if not a contradiction to the religion prescribed, the catastrophic noah event is contradictory for the mission granted a&e to resolve their own self determination. as the path required for their remission.

the difference then is the interpretation between the 1st century events and 4th century renderings made by the c bible enclave of those events as also the difference with the other two contradictory - abrahamic religions.

simply put - one does not travel a path who worships a messiah.

which if not a contradiction to the religion prescribed, the catastrophic noah event is contradictory for the mission granted a&e to resolve their own self determination. as the path required for their remission.

Jesus teaches all who to worship-John 4:22-24--It takes believing him over translation errors. Few will.

The TRUTH is simple and clear, but most want what they want and refuse to accept the words of the only One whose words matter.

Jesus teaches all who to worship-John 4:22-24--It takes believing him over translation errors. Few will.

maybe worship being alive, not a deity ... why would they want that it would reflect weakness not resolve.

a little confusing, 47 - what was the 1st century religious itinerant ... they left no clue, clues of their own or were destroyed for perhaps a reason ... generically - a messiah - not divinity.

The TRUTH is simple and clear, but most want what they want and refuse to accept the words of the only One whose words matter.
Yes i agree, they are beaten by the dogmas of men taught in schools. And those teachers get paid to teach those dogmas. They do teach a little of what Jesus teaches, but not enough . They need to teach all his truth.

maybe worship being alive, not a deity ... why would they want that it would reflect weakness not resolve.

a little confusing, 47 - what was the 1st century religious itinerant ... they left no clue, clues of their own or were destroyed for perhaps a reason ... generically - a messiah - not divinity.
The Father is only true God=YHWH(Jehovah)

I also believe that every living thing carries within a tiny piece of God, because God is life.

Unpopular opinion here, but I think anyone who truly believes that would not be a carnist. Which IIRC, you are.

Out of curiosity, why?

Well, I didn't intend to take this thread off topic, but if one sees God in all living creatures, then I would think that they wouldn't want to participate in the diabolical status quo, in regard to how humanity views animals.

Well, I didn't intend to take this thread off topic, but if one sees God in all living creatures, then I would think that they wouldn't want to participate in the diabolical status quo, in regard to how humanity views animals.
I view us all, all living things, as part of an intereconnected web. As such I recognize and appreciate that are herbivores, omnivores, carnivores, there scavengers, insect eaters, and parasites. We need them all to maintain the balance of life. And God made them all and lives in them all. Just my view.

Religion fascinates me, in part because there are so many common threads in all the faiths. Perhaps we are like the tale of the blind man and tbe elephant, each of us only able to discern a small portion of what is God. For some, we need an intermediary... like a prophet to show us a path. For others, it is a self-paced journey.

For commonalities...we all know the Golden Rule, and all religions seem to have some version of this. It makes sense, if we followed it, we would be a better society.

But another commonality exists that is interesting: the acquisition of forbidden knowledge.

In some, this is represented by the acquisition of fire (which in actuality was a major turning point in human development. The Greek Promethius defied Zeus and stole fire to give to man. Across the world, a continent away, Coyote, Rabbit and Crow stoke the fire.

For the Abrahamic faiths, it was Eve and the Apple...which you have to admit kind of sucks, forever blaming Woman for Man’s inability to control himself.

In all cases though...there is a punishment for loss of innocence and it usually involves a seperation from the divine even as it separates humanity from his fellow animals.

Food for thought.
A more simple idea:

They are all wrong.

Atheists must believe that whereas I can accept elements of their beliefs.
Not agnostic atheists, which is most by far. They don't have to think everyone is wrong. They acknowledge one may be right.

You, other other hand, think exactly one set of myths is correct and are certain the rest are all wrong.

So you are much more strident and closed-minded than the vast majority of atheists, when it comes to this.

Forum List

Back