Many Faiths, One Truth

[COLOR="Blue"Respect comes from being respectful to others. It also comes from demonstrating skills. I think it's better to demonstrate my ability to argue my view than it is to call someone a demon or some vile name. Don't you? I do my best to live my Buddhist practice. It's not necessary to get angry and blast someone to smithereens for having a different opinion. You seem angry to me. What allows you to have peace of mind? What allows me to have peace of mind is to work on myself--my own flaws--and not demand that others live up to my ideals. Does it make more sense to put on a pair of shoes or to cover the whole earth in leather to protect your feet?

My posts are hopefully either in bold or blue.][/COLOR]]

Did I call you any names? Did I tell anyone to go to hell?
I feel your 'discussion' is a passive aggressive style that commits you to nothing, and hold no one responsible for their own actions. It is like you just want a REACTION (attention).

In that case, I withdraw my interest in discussing the topic with you. You just labeled me as passive aggressive after I spent alot of time on that post answering your questions. I thought you were sincere. I'm sorry if I misjudged your enthusiasm.

I am quite committed to my beliefs and point of view. I'm amazed that you could read my post and not see that.

It's not very Buddhist of me, lol.

Question: you "don't think the Ten Commandments is a bad guide, nor do I find any evil in the ten commandments", yet you support a lifestyle that regularly breaks at least 3 of those Commandments; isn't that accepting/embracing an immoral way of life? Either the Commandments are "evil" or the people that regularly break them are "evil". Which is it? That is what I mean by that presentation being 'intellectually dishonest'. When you were called on it, you made a false statement about me calling you names and saying that you would be condemmed to hell. When I asked you to back that with evidence, you dodged the question and concentrated on being "labeled", which is also FALSE. I said you were using that 'style' of arguement.

You say that you have strong beliefs, but you can not back up the reasons. You say being a Buddhist works for you, but your statements are scattered, indirect, and hold no real conviction. I asked you some 'simple' questions, and based on your responses, it appears there is no firm foundation to your beliefs or morals. I am sorry I misjudged your sincerity.

Did I call you any names? Did I tell anyone to go to hell?
I feel your 'discussion' is a passive aggressive style that commits you to nothing, and hold no one responsible for their own actions. It is like you just want a REACTION (attention).

In that case, I withdraw my interest in discussing the topic with you. You just labeled me as passive aggressive after I spent alot of time on that post answering your questions. I thought you were sincere. I'm sorry if I misjudged your enthusiasm.

I am quite committed to my beliefs and point of view. I'm amazed that you could read my post and not see that.

It's not very Buddhist of me, lol.

Question: you "don't think the Ten Commandments is a bad guide, nor do I find any evil in the ten commandments", yet you support a lifestyle that regularly breaks at least 3 of those Commandments; isn't that accepting/embracing an immoral way of life? Either the Commandments are "evil" or the people that regularly break them are "evil". Which is it? That is what I mean by that presentation being 'intellectually dishonest'. When you were called on it, you made a false statement about me calling you names and saying that you would be condemmed to hell. When I asked you to back that with evidence, you dodged the question and concentrated on being "labeled", which is also FALSE. I said you were using that 'style' of arguement.

You say that you have strong beliefs, but you can not back up the reasons. You say being a Buddhist works for you, but your statements are scattered, indirect, and hold no real conviction. I asked you some 'simple' questions, and based on your responses, it appears there is no firm foundation to your beliefs or morals. I am sorry I misjudged your sincerity.

Yes. I support marriage equality. It supports both the five Buddhist precepts and Ten Commandments---do not committ adultery. Gay people want to marry and honor their vows. I see no harm in that.

Which of the ten commandments mentions anything about homosexuality?

What's immoral about male homosexuals?

Jesus h christ on a trampoline, not another one. I already have a thread on this subject, i'm not going into it again here.

Hey stupid..........just out of curiosity, what is "immoral" about being PHYSIOLOGICALLY DIFFERENT from straights?

Remember........YOU could have had a different hair color, eye color, etc........it's genetics.

Same with homosexuality. Scientists have proven this repeatedly. They are different in many ways from straights. Is there a single homosexual gene? No. But, combine enough of those that control hormones, etc., and you will have someone who is gay.

Remember the chick from Kenya that lost her record because she tested 60 percent male? Physiological differences.

And.............just out of curiosity, WHOSE moral code are you following when you exclude your fellow human beings from salvation? Certainly not God's.

Tell ya what n00b, go check out a thing called "the Gospel of Inclusion", and then get back to me.

I'm still awaiting the link. Be nice if Sky Dancer's thread about religious tolerance was full of posts by me spanking homophobes.

I consider myself a fagophobe and sorry, no link. The thread is already overflowing with diseased minds, but if you're smart enough to find it, i'll debate you and bikerdude there.

Which three of the ten commandments?

Honor thy father and mother

Thou shall not bear false witness (deceive others)

Thou shall not covet thy neighbors'....., child (no matter what age)

I don't see how any of these relate to marriage equality. Honor thy father and mother--get married just like they did.

Be open about it. Deceive no one. Bear no false witness. Get out of the closet.

Stay with your own partner. Do not covet your neighbors wife (or husband). What a child has to do with it I don't know.

You confuse pedophilia with marriage equality?

I'm still awaiting the link. Be nice if Sky Dancer's thread about religious tolerance was full of posts by me spanking homophobes.

I consider myself a fagophobe and sorry, no link. The thread is already overflowing with diseased minds, but if you're smart enough to find it, i'll debate you and bikerdude there.

Don't tell me.......lemmie guess.........the "r" in your name stands for "retard" thus your screen name means that you are a buzzing retard.

Like I asked asshole, wanna tell me what is "moral" about throwing your fellow human beings to the side?

Also, wanna explain what is "moral" about damning someone else to hell, just because you're uncomfortable with their genetics?

By the way, no, I'm not gay, nor even bi-curious, but I do respect other people's right to find love and exist just like everyone else.

Wanna explain yourself cocksucker?

What's immoral about male homosexuals?

Jesus h christ on a trampoline, not another one. I already have a thread on this subject, i'm not going into it again here.

Hey stupid..........just out of curiosity, what is "immoral" about being PHYSIOLOGICALLY DIFFERENT from straights?

Remember........YOU could have had a different hair color, eye color, etc........it's genetics.

Same with homosexuality. Scientists have proven this repeatedly. They are different in many ways from straights. Is there a single homosexual gene? No. But, combine enough of those that control hormones, etc., and you will have someone who is gay.

Remember the chick from Kenya that lost her record because she tested 60 percent male? Physiological differences.

And.............just out of curiosity, WHOSE moral code are you following when you exclude your fellow human beings from salvation? Certainly not God's.

Tell ya what n00b, go check out a thing called "the Gospel of Inclusion", and then get back to me.

Don't tell me.......lemmie guess.........the "r" in your name stands for "retard" thus your screen name means that you are a buzzing retard.

Like I asked asshole, wanna tell me what is "moral" about throwing your fellow human beings to the side?

Also, wanna explain what is "moral" about damning someone else to hell, just because you're uncomfortable with their genetics?

By the way, no, I'm not gay, nor even bi-curious, but I do respect other people's right to find love and exist just like everyone else.

Wanna explain yourself cocksucker?

Okaaaayy.... since you clearly lack the brains to find my thread, i guess i'll have to debate you here.

First off, lay off the steroids, you're losing your zen calm.

If you're going to argue the genetics part of this, you'll have to explain why an unattractive male who gets rejected by women and doesn't have your so called gay genes turns to men for comfort. Faggotry is a choice.

What is all this talk about damning people to hell and salvation. Just shut up, you look like a fool.

As far as the way i treat gay men, they restrict my lifestyle and will not leave me alone. They have brought the fight to me so shut your trap asswipe.

Okaaaayy.... since you clearly lack the brains to find my thread, i guess i'll have to debate you here.

If you're going to argue the genetics part of this, you'll have to explain why an unattractive male who gets rejected by women and doesn't have your so called gay genes turns to men for comfort. Faggotry is a choice.

What is all this talk about damning people to hell and salvation. Just shut up, you look like a fool.

As far as the way i treat gay men, they restrict my lifestyle and will not leave me alone. They have brought the fight to me so shut your trap asswipe.

First of n00b, the rules of the board would state that if you have something like that, YOU are supposed to provide the link, not us. It's not that I lack the brains, it's that I don't have time to go looking for bullshit that the retarded fuck I'm speaking with was supposed to provide.

As far as genetics? First, do you understand what hormones are? They regulate a lot about your body, from mood to physical appearance. Now, considering there are quite a few genes in the human genome, you should consider the possibility of a male ending up with too much estrogen production.

Same thing happened in reverse by the way, there was a runner from Kenya who was suspected of taking steroids or some kind of performance enhancer. When they tested her? She tested WAAAYYYYY out of standards for testosterone. Matter of fact, according to her hormones, she was over 60 percent male.

It's also been documented that the wiring of the brains of a straight male as compared with a heterosexual male are markedly different.

As far as the unattractive male who gets constantly rejected by females? Nope, sorry, not gonna happen if they are straight. Why? Simple.......they will do anything BEFORE going that route. And, if they're not in prison, they have the option of a hooker.

Interestingly enough, gay people think of having sex with a person of the opposite gender much in the same way that YOU think of having sex with someone of the same gender. Not only does it turn them off, but it also repulses them.

And, just out of curiosity, if you are truly straight, what the fuck is it that a gay person could do to "restrict your lifestyle"? They "won't leave you alone"? They've "brought the fight to you"? What? Are you a straight man working at a gay nightclub? Tell ya what dipshit, change jobs or quit dancing at Chippendale's.

You're just another one of those repressed assholes who is probably a closet gay, which is why you react to them in such a scared manner. Also would explain why they keep bothering you, they know you're secretly gay, even if you don't.

Which three of the ten commandments?

I don't see how any of these relate to marriage equality. Honor thy father and mother--get married just like they did.

Stay with your own partner. Do not covet your neighbors wife (or husband). What a child has to do with it I don't know.

This is hard for me. It is so clear that homosexuality is sinful. I am NOT saying that homosexuals will burn in hell. I would not wish that on the worst of the worst. We are all sinners in the Lords eyes.

Honor thy father and mother: how many parents are proud and 'brag' that their child is a homosexual. It is like saying your child is a drug addict: accepting and loving, but deep down, truly ashamed.

Bear false witness: how many homosexuals introduce themselves to a prospective mate's family as their 'date' or 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend'? They deceive the families and then reveal themselves when they think their families 'have gotten used to the idea' or finally guess. This would be like a drug dealer coming to a family's home and anouncing they wanted to lead the child (no matter the age) into a life of drug abuse.

Do not covet thy neighbor's ...., child: you are taking an important part of another family and enabling or encouraging them into sinful behavior. It does not matter what age that family member is (the law can be enforced under the age of consent). You are coveting your neighbor's family member for your own selfish purposes. Part of the marriage vow is to honor your partner; how can your partner be honored when the very act of being your partner is sinful and dishonorable in the Lord's eyes?

Intellectually, logically, this is understandable. For those that do not have strong beliefs, these can be twisted into a false love.
This results in a corrupt, immoral society that will eventually collapse. The rights of homosexuals or other 'select groups' are elevated above the rights of families. (Which will make a better community: homosexuals or families? Which can perpetuate a community without betraying the 'one' they love?)
If those with strong moral convictions do not hold others to high standards, there will be only low standards. It will acceptable to abuse anyone's unalienable rights that are not members of the 'select'. Then the terrible things that take place under dictatorships and communism will follow; there will be no one left to stand. The moral will be the first targeted (kind of like those that state they disagree with homosexual behavior). Moral decay happens slowly (to those that ignore the signs). They do not see that when groups are given rights over others, that all are loosing rights, and being subjugated (you have given them permission to "rule" you).

Try not using pure emotion, but logic to to consider my statements. If you think it is unsound, please explain how giving specific groups extra 'rights' will benefit society. No one is guaranteed the 'right' to marry. Each person must make their own decisions and decide if a mate is acceptable, to them to their family and to society. Every person has that opportunity. If someone chooses not to accept those choices, why should they, over everyone else be given additional choices? If people want to sin: live together, committ adultry, participate in homosexual acts; why should they be held as equal to those that marry and try to live without sin? Why elevate a sinful lifestyle as 'normal'? Why reward behavior that will damage society? Does your Buddhist beliefs address this?

There is NOTHING in the 10 Commandments that say "thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's child".

You fucking idiot Christians are making shit up about your book again. Might wanna go back and re-read them, or at the very least, post the correct wording of the 10 Commandments, not some bastardized version that you are using to push your bullshit agenda.

By the way illogical4u, wanna explain exactly HOW homosexuality is sinful? What about lesbianism?

Careful on that...........I probably know more about this than you do.

There is NOTHING in the 10 Commandments that say "thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's child".

You fucking idiot Christians are making shit up about your book again. Might wanna go back and re-read them, or at the very least, post the correct wording of the 10 Commandments, not some bastardized version that you are using to push your bullshit agenda.

By the way illogical4u, wanna explain exactly HOW homosexuality is sinful? What about lesbianism?

Simple answer: it says you should not seduce your neighbor's child (adult or otherwise).
Homosexuality: one sex having sex with the same sex is 'perverse' and 'lewd' behavior. Yeshua spoke out against it.

Explain how homosexuality "honors" your parents. Not honoring them is sinful behavior.
Explain how homosexuals do not bear false witness. Bearing false witness is sinful behavior.

Yeshua had the woman that was about to be stoned for committing adultry in front of him, after he had shamed the men that would stone her. What did he say to her? Do you remember? Do you know? He told he to go and SIN NO MORE (in other words, stop doing that sinful behavior).

You are claiming I have an agenda. Please explain how elevating and giving preferential treatment to homosexuals is not an agenda. Explain how it makes society better. Try to do it calmly and rationally.

Simple answer: it says you should not seduce your neighbor's child (adult or otherwise).
Homosexuality: one sex having sex with the same sex is 'perverse' and 'lewd' behavior. Yeshua spoke out against it.

Explain how homosexuality "honors" your parents. Not honoring them is sinful behavior.
Explain how homosexuals do not bear false witness. Bearing false witness is sinful behavior.

Yeshua had the woman that was about to be stoned for committing adultry in front of him, after he had shamed the men that would stone her. What did he say to her? Do you remember? Do you know? He told he to go and SIN NO MORE (in other words, stop doing that sinful behavior).

You are claiming I have an agenda. Please explain how elevating and giving preferential treatment to homosexuals is not an agenda. Explain how it makes society better. Try to do it calmly and rationally.

Okay stupid........tell me where the Commandment is that states you should not have seduce your neighbor's child? Got a bible verse for that?

How's about the verse where Yeshua spoke out against homosexuality? Guess what.....there isn't one.

* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

That's from a theological scholar site called Sacred Texts Archive.

Explain how homosexuality "dishonors" your parents?

As far as the bearing false witness thing? Straights do that as well as gays, so don't try to paint with that brush.

C'mon, just admit it, you're a bigoted asshole who is trying to pass off your version of spirituality as the only right one.

Good luck with that.........really.......

This is hard for me. It is so clear that homosexuality is sinful. I am NOT saying that homosexuals will burn in hell. I would not wish that on the worst of the worst. We are all sinners in the Lords eyes.

Honor thy father and mother: how many parents are proud and 'brag' that their child is a homosexual. It is like saying your child is a drug addict: accepting and loving, but deep down, truly ashamed.

Bear false witness: how many homosexuals introduce themselves to a prospective mate's family as their 'date' or 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend'? They deceive the families and then reveal themselves when they think their families 'have gotten used to the idea' or finally guess. This would be like a drug dealer coming to a family's home and anouncing they wanted to lead the child (no matter the age) into a life of drug abuse.

Do not covet thy neighbor's ...., child: you are taking an important part of another family and enabling or encouraging them into sinful behavior. It does not matter what age that family member is (the law can be enforced under the age of consent). You are coveting your neighbor's family member for your own selfish purposes. Part of the marriage vow is to honor your partner; how can your partner be honored when the very act of being your partner is sinful and dishonorable in the Lord's eyes?

Intellectually, logically, this is understandable. For those that do not have strong beliefs, these can be twisted into a false love.
This results in a corrupt, immoral society that will eventually collapse. The rights of homosexuals or other 'select groups' are elevated above the rights of families. (Which will make a better community: homosexuals or families? Which can perpetuate a community without betraying the 'one' they love?)
If those with strong moral convictions do not hold others to high standards, there will be only low standards. It will acceptable to abuse anyone's unalienable rights that are not members of the 'select'. Then the terrible things that take place under dictatorships and communism will follow; there will be no one left to stand. The moral will be the first targeted (kind of like those that state they disagree with homosexual behavior). Moral decay happens slowly (to those that ignore the signs). They do not see that when groups are given rights over others, that all are loosing rights, and being subjugated (you have given them permission to "rule" you).

Try not using pure emotion, but logic to to consider my statements. If you think it is unsound, please explain how giving specific groups extra 'rights' will benefit society. No one is guaranteed the 'right' to marry. Each person must make their own decisions and decide if a mate is acceptable, to them to their family and to society. Every person has that opportunity. If someone chooses not to accept those choices, why should they, over everyone else be given additional choices? If people want to sin: live together, committ adultry, participate in homosexual acts; why should they be held as equal to those that marry and try to live without sin? Why elevate a sinful lifestyle as 'normal'? Why reward behavior that will damage society? Does your Buddhist beliefs address this?

You asked me about how Buddhism addresses precepts on sexuality. Here is the answer:

Third Training-

Aware of the suffering caused by sexual misconduct, I am committed to cultivate responsibility and learn ways to protect the safety and integrity of individuals, couples, families, and society. I am determined not to engage in sexual relations without love and a long-term commitment. To preserve the happiness of myself and others, I am determined to respect my commitments and the commitments of others. I will do everything in my power to protect children from sexual abuse and to prevent couples and families from being broken by sexual misconduct.

First of n00b, the rules of the board would state that if you have something like that, YOU are supposed to provide the link, not us. It's not that I lack the brains, it's that I don't have time to go looking for bullshit that the retarded fuck I'm speaking with was supposed to provide.

As far as genetics? First, do you understand what hormones are? They regulate a lot about your body, from mood to physical appearance. Now, considering there are quite a few genes in the human genome, you should consider the possibility of a male ending up with too much estrogen production.

Same thing happened in reverse by the way, there was a runner from Kenya who was suspected of taking steroids or some kind of performance enhancer. When they tested her? She tested WAAAYYYYY out of standards for testosterone. Matter of fact, according to her hormones, she was over 60 percent male.

It's also been documented that the wiring of the brains of a straight male as compared with a heterosexual male are markedly different.

As far as the unattractive male who gets constantly rejected by females? Nope, sorry, not gonna happen if they are straight. Why? Simple.......they will do anything BEFORE going that route. And, if they're not in prison, they have the option of a hooker.

Interestingly enough, gay people think of having sex with a person of the opposite gender much in the same way that YOU think of having sex with someone of the same gender. Not only does it turn them off, but it also repulses them.

And, just out of curiosity, if you are truly straight, what the fuck is it that a gay person could do to "restrict your lifestyle"? They "won't leave you alone"? They've "brought the fight to you"? What? Are you a straight man working at a gay nightclub? Tell ya what dipshit, change jobs or quit dancing at Chippendale's.

You're just another one of those repressed assholes who is probably a closet gay, which is why you react to them in such a scared manner. Also would explain why they keep bothering you, they know you're secretly gay, even if you don't.

Whatever lazybones. I don't need anyone to give me a link.

As far as estrogen an testosterone levels, they should see their doctor and receive supplements as needed.

Once again you have referred to me as a closet fag. Let me ask yu a question: do you watch porn with naked men in it? If you are like the large number of males who call themselves "straight", yet still get a hard on and masterbate over a nude male, then you sir are a fag in my book. I will make this very clear: i look down on pieces of shit like you who call others fags, yet masterbate over nude males screwing women on a screen.

Forum List

Back