Many Dems here have claimed to be against open borders…Is there a reason they never post / express their discontent with this admin on the issue?

There are over 12 million illegal immigrants living and working in America right now.
trump did nothing to deport these 12 million.
If trump didn't deport them, what makes you think Joe will?
At least Trump's solution was a 50 percent solution. We need a president who is will to build a border wall with guard towers where are military men can be posted. A few dead bodies lying near the border will discourage the rest of the Mexicans from approaching it.

I think the political will is also lacking….so kick the can down the road.

There are things we could agree on.

We all want a secure border, we differ on what constitutes that.

We all feel the current immigration system is antiquated…but we differ on how it should be reformed.

We are at an unprecedented crossroads (and here many will disagree with me) in that we are seeing the biggest upheaval of displaced people and migrants since WW2, maybe more, from everywhere. People are fleeing drought, failed states, economic collapse, war, violence, famine - all over. To some extent (IMO) climate change is driving it. It is not just here in the US. Unlike previous eras we are seeing an influx of families and children (this started under Obama) and that is a big change.

So…as a nation how do we handle this while respecting the rule of law, our humanitarian values and human rights? It isn’t going to end. Guatemala is in a severe multi year drought. Other countries are controlled by violent gangs. Etc.

Solutions?
Currently around 1.5 million making asylum claims. That’s not even the bulk as you’ve suggested. Solutions…and how a country divided in half politically can even arrive at some agreement without requiring extra agendas be stuffed in a bill? Agreeing to any measure will be equally as tough if the 2 party system continues business as usual. Is it even possible to “change guards” over the immigration fiasco since congress isn’t motivated, year after year? Why aren’t they motivated I have to ask? Voters need to contact their state representatives to the tune of a thousand emails daily. If a majority of state voters (surely a lot of people living in border states are already doing this) contact their local (where it matters) and all state reps, regardless of proximity to southern borders, they would respond.

A real help would be a vocal turnaround for MSM, but I will not hold my breath. Instead of fanning the daily fires of conflict, media could be used for good, now there’s a positive switch up! Immigrants have cell phones, and what they heard late 2020 and early 2021 was that it was going to be the best time to try to get the US. Media has a direct impact on the border which is a real shame since they gave people false hope, expanding the horrendous conditions by telling more to come, and giving them false hope waiting for months for a court date. False promises this time around was more than short-sighted. It was a blind decision to tell immigrants to come and they’d get in, likely made by some idiot or two who might be named 5 years from now in a book or two. National media orgs deserve at least half credit for this fiasco. CNN and ilk are fully aware that their audience goes way beyond our borders, including traveling caravans. Sorry to repeat my opinion about LSM, yeah, it’s a sensitive issue for me lol

We all want a secure border, we differ on what constitutes that.

To be frank, I'm not sure that the democrats really do want a secure border. Some of 'em anyway. For them it looks more like "c'mon in we got room for everybody". It feels like they see illegals as future democrats, they're treating them better than some of our own citizens and that has not gone unnoticed. So, what exactly are the democrats ideas for a more secure border? I don't know of any. Funny thing, the dems used to support a border wall until Trump wanted it. Now it seems they don't even see what's going on at our southern border as that much of a problem.

Last edited:
To be frank, I'm not sure that the democrats really do want a secure border. Some of 'em anyway. For them it looks more like "c'mon in we got room for everybody". It feels like they see illegals as future democrats, they're treating them better than some of our own citizens and that has not gone unnoticed. So, what exactly are the democrats ideas for a more secure border? I don't know of any. Funny thing, the dems used to support a border wall until Trump wanted it. Now it seems they don't even see what's going on at our southern border as that much of a problem.
I disagree. For one, illegals don’t vote, they keep their heads down. Foe another…Republicans aren’t any different…they want Cubans because coming over tend to vote Republican.

I oppose a border wall across tbe whole in most areas for these reasons:
it destroys commerce among border towns
it inhibits or destroys natural migrations of other species
some of the areas are also sensitive habitats

That said, there are some areas where it makes sense and does not cause issues.

Also…it is noteworthy that many Republicans supported aspects of immigration reform like Dreamers, until Obama put it out.

Both parties are at fault in these partisan war games and both are pretty invested in not going after those who hire illegals.

One thing that is noteworthy in this is that illegal workers are filling a role American workers won’t. They work hard, they are reliable, they don’t cause problems, and they work jobs American often don’t want to and for less.

So…what exactly is the best solution? IMO, you need to change the VISA system.

But those who are families fleeing dire circumstances? No easy answer there. I don’t believe it has to do with votes but rather with values.

1. Latinos are trending towards being the largest demographic group in the US in the next 20 or 30 years?

2. I believe the latinos vote for the democrats somewhere around 3 to 1 for the GOP. The dems offer them everything they possibly can, right?

3. The dems want full amnesty, make 'em all voters, right? Pathway to citizenship? More like a pathway to a one-party gov't. All those illegals may not be voting now but if the dems have their way they will be soon enough.

4. When does it end? Just how many more illegals can America take in? The whole fuckin' world? Everybody? The scum of the earth? What's to stop them? It wasn't long ago the dems wanted to get rid of ICE, yeah that makes sense. What's the limit? Is there a point at which we have too many illegals coming across the border? Where is that point for the democrats? I think it's a lot like the concept of "your fair share" when it comes to taxes. More is better, until it isn't. What will the US look like then? What kind of country will we be?

5. I do not see any serious proposal by the democrats that would strengthen our border security. They won't say the words, but they do not want more border security, and IMHO they actually want less. They do not want to do anything that would restrict illegals from getting into the US, or do anything to get rid of the undesirables. Hence the sanctuary cities. Hence the free lawyers to assist them in court. Hence the desire to provide amnesty to as many as possible and as soon as possible.

Last edited:
To be frank, I'm not sure that the democrats really do want a secure border.
Hi Frank. But I already knew that. Your political ilk jizzes the place with that political ideology nearly three gallons per day.

Some of 'em anyway.
This is a zero sum game. All or nothing. Critical thinking prohibited.
For them it looks more like "c'mon in we got room for everybody".
Fucking fantasy. I don't know anyone, of any political persuasion who thinks like this. So, my purely anecdotal opinion must be fact.

It feels like they see illegals as future democrats, they're treating them better than some of our own citizens and that has not gone unnoticed. So, what exactly are the democrats ideas for a more secure border? I don't know of any. Funny thing, the dems used to support a border wall until Trump wanted it.
It 'feelz' like future republicans need to get their shit together, then, and stop crying about spilled orange tapioca 24/7. Keep smiling. Keep shining. Kill all Damnicrats. By the way, I know this will sting a bit, but, psst!!! some of our own citizens are real sacks of shit. Birthright still rules citizenship status here. That's never changed. But our immigration and naturalization system is ineffectual and failed, and has become a 'pick and choose' system of citizenship over 30 years of ineptness. It's a bureaucratic mess. Inefficient. Something to be addressed.

You fucking idiots think a wall will fix it.

Brilliant strategy. How is that working out?

I‘ve engaged with many who have openly claimed to be against open borders….It’s hard to believe they‘re sincere when they never really post on the subject…..SO….Dems, how do you feel about the tens of thousands, the caravans in route to us now?
Lol, why don't you post a copy of the bill, law or, presidential mandate that changed one fucking policy at the border since the Trump administration. The border is not open fool. Critical race theory is not taught in k thru twelve. All your side has is horse shit fake booty men.

1. Latinos are trending towards being the largest demographic group in the US in the next 20 or 30 years?

2. I believe the latinos vote for the democrats somewhere around 3 to 1 for the GOP. The dems offer them everything they possibly can, right?

Hard to say. 2020 election kind of put that to a test because they did not vote as some kind of unified block.

The other consideration is that as a group they tend to be socially conservative and religious. If they aren’t voting Republican…then why?

What do the Dems offer them? A seat at the table?
3. The dems want full amnesty, make 'em all voters, right? Pathway to citizenship? More like a pathway to a one-party gov't. All those illegals may not be voting now but if the dems have their way they will be soon enough.

I think that is largely false.

First, one party government? Republicans are already on that road in state legislatures trying to change election laws.

Illegals are unlikely to vote because they simply don’t want to draw attention to themselves and there is no legal mechanism for them to do so.

Partisanship aside, path to citizenship etc…what should we do? How about not framing it in partisan terms but in potential solutions?

I totally support citizenship for Dreamers. Kids had no choice in the matter and having lived most of their lives here, they are American in all ways but a piece of paper. Sending them back to a country they may not even remember is nothing but cruelty.

Paths to citizenship for others is more complicated but should be up for debate.

There is no guarantee how they will vote, but the only reason those who are here legally don’t vote Republican is likely due to the constant demonization of them as rapists and murderers and parasites from the Republican messaging.
4. When does it end? Just how many more illegals can America take in? The whole fuckin' world? Everybody? The scum of the earth? What's to stop them? It wasn't long ago the dems wanted to get rid of ICE, yeah that makes sense. What's the limit? Is there a point at which we have too many illegals coming across the border? Where is that point for the democrats? I think it's a lot like the concept of "your fair share" when it comes to taxes. More is better, until it isn't. What will the US look like then? What kind of country will we be?

5. I do not see any serious proposal by the democrats that would strengthen our border security. They won't say the words, but they do not want more border security, and IMHO they actually want less. They do not want to do anything that would restrict illegals from getting into the US, or do anything to get rid of the undesirables. Hence the sanctuary cities. Hence the free lawyers to assist them in court. Hence the desire to provide amnesty to as many as possible and as soon as possible.

Lots of questions here. When does it end? I don’t know. Do you? What do you do when the push factors are so powerful they outweigh the very real mortality and danger of the journey? Even with Trumps harsh measures they didn’t stop trying to come. So what DO you do?

As to what kind of country will we look like or be? IMO, the same. The reason I say that is these were the same concerns raised in other mass migrations here…the Irish, the East European Jews, the Italians and Poles. Yet here we are, still the same country…why would this be any different in terms of who we are?

I disagree, the Dems have largely supported good border security, just not a total wall. In this day and age we have tons more better high tech security measures, why not use them?

I‘ve engaged with many who have openly claimed to be against open borders….It’s hard to believe they‘re sincere when they never really post on the subject…..SO….Dems, how do you feel about the tens of thousands, the caravans in route to us now?

1. BrokeLoser, I'm a proponent of USA, similar to other sovereign nations, securing our borders. I'm opposed to an unlimited “catch & release” policy.​

2. I'm opposed to USA denying any person what's considered to be human rights.
Ours should not be policies to separate children from their parents. Illegal immigrants in the USA should not have so few rights, that any cooperation with U.S. agencies would likely be contrary to their best interests. I'm opposed to denying Illegals rights to extents which are consequentially net detrimental to our nation's security, economy, public health, and social well-being.

3. I'm a proponent of U.S. Military assisting U.S. Customs and immigration officers monitoring our borders; (I believe that's legal and desirable).

4. I'm a proponent of exercising our rights of eminent domain if an owner of U.S. Real estate will not agree to sell their borderland and buildings or otherwise cooperate with U.S. Customs and Immigration Services.

5. In order to facilitate mutual national benefits with other nations, I advocate the severest laws and enforcing penalties for bringing undeclared substances or firearms or other such devices or materials through our borders in any direction. The U.S. and foreign governments should seek mutual cooperation to secure their borders.

BrokeLoser, which items in this post do you disagree with and why do you disagree? Respectfully, Supposn

A lot of Democrats have been trained to not speak out against Democrats, even if they strongly disagree. They are trained to repeat and think without consideration.
Forgive me while I puke…From the supporters of the antiDemocratoc last guy who pushed the big lie and tried a coup while his party looked the other way and is now gaslighting the whole thing. Republicans are not credible.

Forum List

Back