Many Dems here have claimed to be against open borders…Is there a reason they never post / express their discontent with this admin on the issue?

task0778 said:
1. Latinos are trending towards being the largest demographic group in the US in the next 20 or 30 years?

2. I believe the latinos vote for the democrats somewhere around 3 to 1 for the GOP. The dems offer them everything they possibly can, right?

Hard to say. 2020 election kind of put that to a test because they did not vote as some kind of unified block.

The other consideration is that as a group they tend to be socially conservative and religious. If they aren’t voting Republican…then why?

What do the Dems offer them? A seat at the table?

Nationwide, Democrat Joe Biden got 66 percent support in national exit polls, on par with Hillary Clinton’s 65 percent in 2016. Some places more while other places less. But I believe that nationwide the latino vote has trended up since 2012 for the GOP. LOL, I'm guessing the Dems are wondering WTF is going on; it's true that latinos are more religious and aren't in favor of abortion, maybe that is a bigger factor than some might think. But I do believe that the democrats offer more support for the illegals and a better chance to stay here, and I wonder if the latino citizens and the illegals who are already here would rather see less competition from new illegals coming in. Maybe that's a reason why they're voting more for the GOP.

task0778 said:
3. The dems want full amnesty, make 'em all voters, right? Pathway to citizenship? More like a pathway to a one-party gov't. All those illegals may not be voting now but if the dems have their way they will be soon enough.

I think that is largely false.

First, one party government? Republicans are already on that road in state legislatures trying to change election laws.

Illegals are unlikely to vote because they simply don’t want to draw attention to themselves and there is no legal mechanism for them to do so.

Partisanship aside, path to citizenship etc…what should we do? How about not framing it in partisan terms but in potential solutions?

I totally support citizenship for Dreamers. Kids had no choice in the matter and having lived most of their lives here, they are American in all ways but a piece of paper. Sending them back to a country they may not even remember is nothing but cruelty.

Paths to citizenship for others is more complicated but should be up for debate.

There is no guarantee how they will vote, but the only reason those who are here legally don’t vote Republican is likely due to the constant demonization of them as rapists and murderers and parasites from the Republican messaging.

I'm not talking about voting today or next year, I'm talking about voting down the road in 5 or 10 years, assuming amnesty becomes a reality as the democrats desire. Illegals might not be voting today but I think at some point they will be allowed to vote and when that day comes it'll be the start of a one-party gov't. It is my opinion that at some point the Far Left WILL control the WH, Senate, and House, and when that happens they'll nationalize elections and take other measures to ensure they don't lose control again. Ever. But for the obstinance of Manchin and Sinema we might've already started down that road.

Who are all those illegals going to vote for once they get the right to vote? I'm thinking Texas will turn blue once that happens, and then the 2-party status quo is over.

task0778 said:
4. When does it end? Just how many more illegals can America take in? The whole fuckin' world? Everybody? The scum of the earth? What's to stop them? It wasn't long ago the dems wanted to get rid of ICE, yeah that makes sense. What's the limit? Is there a point at which we have too many illegals coming across the border? Where is that point for the democrats? I think it's a lot like the concept of "your fair share" when it comes to taxes. More is better, until it isn't. What will the US look like then? What kind of country will we be?

Lots of questions here. When does it end? I don’t know. Do you? What do you do when the push factors are so powerful they outweigh the very real mortality and danger of the journey? Even with Trumps harsh measures they didn’t stop trying to come. So what DO you do?

Trump's measures were that harsh? More than Obama's? So what do I do? For one, I try to increase border security and I finish building the fucking wall. I increase the budget for the Border Patrol and I use high tech to deter illegal entry wherever and whenever I can.

As to what kind of country will we look like or be? IMO, the same. The reason I say that is these were the same concerns raised in other mass migrations here…the Irish, the East European Jews, the Italians and Poles. Yet here we are, still the same country…why would this be any different in terms of who we are?

The numbers of illegals coming across our southern border annually far exceeds the annual immigration from Europe IMHO. They had to cross an ocean, and we didn't have all the social programs then that we do now. IOW today's illegals are costing us a heckuva lot more money. How much money are we spending on them rather than our own citizens? By some estimates we have 1 million illegals coming in every year, and under Biden that number is probably increasing. That kind of inflow cannot continue IMHO, but nobody seems to give a damn on the democrat side.

task0778 said:
5. I do not see any serious proposal by the democrats that would strengthen our border security. They won't say the words, but they do not want more border security, and IMHO they actually want less. They do not want to do anything that would restrict illegals from getting into the US, or do anything to get rid of the undesirables. Hence the sanctuary cities. Hence the free lawyers to assist them in court. Hence the desire to provide amnesty to as many as possible and as soon as possible.

I disagree, the Dems have largely supported good border security, just not a total wall. In this day and age we have tons more better high tech security measures, why not use them?

I doubt that. High tech security measures will not reduce the inflow of illegals; we'll just be able to count 'em more accurately. Tell me about the good border security that the democrats support that will stem the flow of illegals. It's okay to build a wall around the Capitol building, but not along our southern border. Don't tell me it costs too much money, that's ridiculous coming from the party that spends money like it was water. It's hard to believe anyone can seriously doubt that a wall at least makes it harder to get in and if properly manned would reduce the numbers of illegals getting in. To deny that is to deny reality.

I disagree. For one, illegals don’t vote, they keep their heads down. Foe another…Republicans aren’t any different…they want Cubans because coming over tend to vote Republican.
We want Cubans here because they are anti-communist.

Lots of questions here. When does it end? I don’t know. Do you? What do you do when the push factors are so powerful they outweigh the very real mortality and danger of the journey? Even with Trumps harsh measures they didn’t stop trying to come. So what DO you do?

Trump's measures were that harsh? More than Obama's? So what do I do? For one, I try to increase border security and I finish building the fucking wall. I increase the budget for the Border Patrol and I use high tech to deter illegal entry wherever and whenever I can.

As to what kind of country will we look like or be? IMO, the same. The reason I say that is these were the same concerns raised in other mass migrations here…the Irish, the East European Jews, the Italians and Poles. Yet here we are, still the same country…why would this be any different in terms of who we are?

The numbers of illegals coming across our southern border annually far exceeds the annual immigration from Europe IMHO. They had to cross an ocean, and we didn't have all the social programs then that we do now. IOW today's illegals are costing us a heckuva lot more money. How much money are we spending on them rather than our own citizens? By some estimates we have 1 million illegals coming in every year, and under Biden that number is probably increasing. That kind of inflow cannot continue IMHO, but nobody seems to give a damn on the democrat side.

I disagree, the Dems have largely supported good border security, just not a total wall. In this day and age we have tons more better high tech security measures, why not use them?

I doubt that. High tech security measures will not reduce the inflow of illegals; we'll just be able to count 'em more accurately. Tell me about the good border security that the democrats support that will stem the flow of illegals. It's okay to build a wall around the Capitol building, but not along our southern border. Don't tell me it costs too much money, that's ridiculous coming from the party that spends money like it was water. It's hard to believe anyone can seriously doubt that a wall at least makes it harder to get in and if properly manned would reduce the numbers of illegals getting in. To deny that is to deny reality.

Other countries have had real success with fining employers who hire illegals.

Hard to say. 2020 election kind of put that to a test because they did not vote as some kind of unified block.

The other consideration is that as a group they tend to be socially conservative and religious. If they aren’t voting Republican…then why?

What do the Dems offer them? A seat at the table?

Nationwide, Democrat Joe Biden got 66 percent support in national exit polls, on par with Hillary Clinton’s 65 percent in 2016. Some places more while other places less. But I believe that nationwide the latino vote has trended up since 2012 for the GOP. LOL, I'm guessing the Dems are wondering WTF is going on; it's true that latinos are more religious and aren't in favor of abortion, maybe that is a bigger factor than some might think. But I do believe that the democrats offer more support for the illegals and a better chance to stay here, and I wonder if the latino citizens and the illegals who are already here would rather see less competition from new illegals coming in. Maybe that's a reason why they're voting more for the GOP.

I think that is largely false.

First, one party government? Republicans are already on that road in state legislatures trying to change election laws.

Illegals are unlikely to vote because they simply don’t want to draw attention to themselves and there is no legal mechanism for them to do so.

Partisanship aside, path to citizenship etc…what should we do? How about not framing it in partisan terms but in potential solutions?

I totally support citizenship for Dreamers. Kids had no choice in the matter and having lived most of their lives here, they are American in all ways but a piece of paper. Sending them back to a country they may not even remember is nothing but cruelty.

Paths to citizenship for others is more complicated but should be up for debate.

There is no guarantee how they will vote, but the only reason those who are here legally don’t vote Republican is likely due to the constant demonization of them as rapists and murderers and parasites from the Republican messaging.

I'm not talking about voting today or next year, I'm talking about voting down the road in 5 or 10 years, assuming amnesty becomes a reality as the democrats desire. Illegals might not be voting today but I think at some point they will be allowed to vote and when that day comes it'll be the start of a one-party gov't. It is my opinion that at some point the Far Left WILL control the WH, Senate, and House, and when that happens they'll nationalize elections and take other measures to ensure they don't lose control again. Ever. But for the obstinance of Manchin and Sinema we might've already started down that road.

Who are all those illegals going to vote for once they get the right to vote? I'm thinking Texas will turn blue once that happens, and then the 2-party status quo is over.

Regardless of what Trump has said, illegals can't vote.

We don't have open borders. ..not with Canada or Mexico.. We still have strict Customs and Immigration and the US Coast Guard.
Who are you kidding? This is designed to weaken the United States of America. Why the hell do you think we are becoming a bilingual nation? Canada has been usurped by the globalist much more then us at this point. But we have weapons still. Mexico is corrupted as they come. All three nations have great people. But there are tentacles of insidious corruption and sadism that is removing civility in these regions by localities and when it started.

Who are you kidding? This is designed to weaken the United States of America. Why the hell do you think we are becoming a bilingual nation? Canada has been usurped by the globalist much more then us at this point. But we have weapons still. Mexico is corrupted as they come. All three nations have great people. But there are tentacles of insidious corruption and sadism that is removing civility in these regions by localities and when it started.

The US has always had immigrants and foreign language speakers. Are you from Texas?

The borders are not "open".. Obama was dilligent in deportations and increased the Border Patrol to 21,000 agents.

I have said for 20 years that we should have a moratorium on ALL immigration.. Meanwhile, the solution to illegal immiration is to expand E Verify and fine employers. That works extremely well in other countries to the extent that they don't have a national conversation about it nor a lot of vicious backbiting and bullshit.

Is this really how your mind works? He said no such thing.
Well, Trump never said inject bleach but you haven’t stopped saying he did. So filling in our account of the statement is no different than yours.

We don't have open borders. ..not with Canada or Mexico.. We still have strict Customs and Immigration and the US Coast Guard.
If people can walk in without paperwork it is. You’re not bright

Well, Trump never said inject bleach but you haven’t stopped saying he did. So filling in our account of the statement is no different than yours.

He said drink it and insert lights into the body in public on video.

I‘ve engaged with many who have openly claimed to be against open borders….It’s hard to believe they‘re sincere when they never really post on the subject…..SO….Dems, how do you feel about the tens of thousands, the caravans in route to us now?
They're lying, of course. These assholes never post a thing in opposition to any of Biden's maneuvers designed to implement open borders. They say they are against it just to provide cover for themselves since they know they are douchebags.

Is there a reason they never post / express their discontent with this admin on the issue?​

Democrats are ignorant cowards.

I am not afraid of Brown People

I think they make good workers and eventually good citizens
I would give them temporary work visas and make the best ones citizens
You wouldn't think so if one of them took your job. "The best ones" all stay where they came from.

Forum List

Back