Many anti-abortion activists before Roe were liberals who were inspired by 20th-century Catholic social teaching

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Allow me to preface this by saying right now our country is going through an economic struggle. Just a few years ago we were embarrassed in Afghanistan that reminded us of the Vietnam debacle. Americans cannot afford a home. But here’s the thing we got through World War II we got through the Great Depression we will get through this with the power of positive thinking.

Part of the struggle we fit in America is with regard to the abortion issue. Abortion should be outlawed and if you look at history it makes no sense to stand for abortion. Liberals and conservatives have a post abortion it’s simply common sense it is a criminal action to kill a baby. And we can look and see how people could be so easily brainwashed to support abortion. It really is unthinkable it’s no different than killing anybody.

I am very proud to be a Catholic in the first place. I’m also proud to be an American and I’m proud to be a Democrat because all of these identifiers stand against abortion. To be a liberal means to stand against abortion and stand against the death penalty my brothers and sisters.

When I researched the early history of the anti-abortion movement for my book “Defenders of the Unborn: The Pro-Life Movement before Roe v. Wade,” one surprising finding was that the pre-Roe anti-abortion movement was filled with liberal Democrats who had supported the federal anti-poverty initiatives associated with President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Dealin the 1930s and President Lyndon Johnson’s social programs in the 1960s. They wanted to couple abortion restrictions with additional efforts to fight poverty and expand government-funded health care.

Catholic and Democrat

Most of the pre-Roe anti-abortion activists in the United States were inspired by 20th-century Catholic social teaching that connected the right to life for the unborn with a larger ethic of concern for the less fortunate. Like the majority of Catholic voters at the time, many were Democrats, and they hoped that a party that championed the poor would likewise be interested in protecting fetal life.

We should always defend the word liberal. Liberal means to liberate. To liberate oneself from a drug addiction or eating addiction or something of that nature. And there is so many misconceptions about Democrats and liberals. Democrats and liberals brought us the strongest military in American history. They brought us a society based on honor and dignity. And I will say again talk with any American man over the age of 90 they support Franklin Roosevelt. They support John F. Kennedy. They support the united auto workers. And they support the site of America being strong. They support Christianity.

All praise be to God

Last edited:
I agree Benedict Donald's bungling of his Doha Accords is a national embarrassment, but what does that have to do with anti-choice and unconstitutional restrictions on a woman control of the baby factory she was born with?

I agree Benedict Donald's bungling of his Doha Accords is a national embarrassment, but what does that have to do with anti-choice and unconstitutional restrictions on a woman control of the baby factory she was born with?

Did you regurgitate that wokespeak all on your own, or is it copypasta?

Allow me to preface this by saying right now our country is going through an economic struggle. Just a few years ago we were embarrassed in Afghanistan that reminded us of the Vietnam debacle. Americans cannot afford a home. But here’s the thing we got through World War II we got through the Great Depression we will get through this with the power of positive thinking.

When I researched the early history of the anti-abortion movement for my book “Defenders of the Unborn: The Pro-Life Movement before Roe v. Wade,” one surprising finding was that the pre-Roe anti-abortion movement was filled with liberal Democrats who had supported the federal anti-poverty initiatives associated with President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Dealin the 1930s and President Lyndon Johnson’s social programs in the 1960s. They wanted to couple abortion restrictions with additional efforts to fight poverty and expand government-funded health care.

Catholic and Democrat

Most of the pre-Roe anti-abortion activists in the United States were inspired by 20th-century Catholic social teaching that connected the right to life for the unborn with a larger ethic of concern for the less fortunate. Like the majority of Catholic voters at the time, many were Democrats, and they hoped that a party that championed the poor would likewise be interested in protecting fetal life.

We should always defend the word liberal. Liberal means to liberate. To liberate oneself from a drug addiction or eating addiction or something of that nature. And there is so many misconceptions about Democrats and liberals. Democrats and liberals brought us the strongest military in American history. They brought us a society based on honor and dignity. And I will say again talk with any American man over the age of 90 they support Franklin Roosevelt. They support John F. Kennedy. They support the united auto workers. And they support the site of America being strong. They support Christianity.

All praise be to God

You're pointing to the decline in Christianity first, and second the acceptance of modernity, modern medicine, and modern standards for women.

All of that should be compared to 19th. century Christianitiy and not 20th. century.

This of course is in sync with the fact that 2/3rds. of Americans favour some rights to abortion.

You're pointing to the decline in Christianity first, and second the acceptance of modernity, modern medicine, and modern standards for women.

All of that should be compared to 19th. century Christianitiy and not 20th. century.

This of course is in sync with the fact that 2/3rds. of Americans favour some rights to abortion.

Most of that 2/3rds is OK with 6-15 weeks being the cap for non life threatening condition abortions.

Counter that with States like NY or CA that would allow an abortion to the moment before birth if the mother thought she might be depressed after the kid was born.

Most of that 2/3rds is OK with 6-15 weeks being the cap for non life threatening condition abortions.
That is arguable and beyond the scope of this thread for now at least. In any case, the thrust of the anti-abortionists is to eliminate all rights to abortion.

That is arguable and beyond the scope of this thread for now at least. In any case, the thrust of the anti-abortionists is to eliminate all rights to abortion.

You were the one who brought up the "2/3's" thing dipshit, now you run away from it like a mewling wibble kitten.

And abortion rights freaks write laws that can be interpreted at best saying women can abort their kids if a doctor says they could get hives during delivery, or at worst kill the kid within a week of the same thing happening, due to the use of the word "peri-natal" in the language of the laws.

kill the kid within a week of the same thing happening, due to the use of the word "peri-natal" in the language of the laws.
Federal law protects all children who are born in the USA from any Postnatal homicides.

Perinatal is the period of time when you become pregnant and up to a year after giving birth. You might also have heard of the following terms:

• Antenatal or pre-natal meaning 'before birth'
  • Postnatal or postpartum meaning 'after birth'
There's no right or wrong word to describe the period of time around pregnancy and after birth. You might hear your doctor or midwife use any of these terms.

You were the one who brought up the "2/3's" thing dipshit, now you run away from it like a mewling wibble kitten.

And abortion rights freaks write laws that can be interpreted at best saying women can abort their kids if a doctor says they could get hives during delivery, or at worst kill the kid within a week of the same thing happening, due to the use of the word "peri-natal" in the language of the laws.

Donald is having a rough day

Keep um coming.
Brilliant.

So do you have any commentary that reflects reality on any level? I ask because “anti-choice” and “unconstitutional” have already been demonstrated to be unmitigated objectively false bullshit…

Brilliant.

So do you have any commentary that reflects reality on any level? I ask because “anti-choice” and “unconstitutional” have already been demonstrated to be unmitigated objectively false bullshit…

You’ve witnessed the conversations and being pro-life anti-choice or pro-choice pro-abortion devolve into stereotypes, caricatures, and political talking points.

You’ve witnessed the conversations and being pro-life anti-choice or pro-choice pro-abortion devolve into stereotypes, caricatures, and political talking points.
“Reproductive rights” is a bullshit euphemism, bigot; you pro-abort assholes just want to reduce those you want dead to property so you can kill them.

Forum List

Back