Manufacturers Say Ammo Shortage Could Last For Years

This shortage is hurting the Fudds the worse, and those who believe the 2A is about hunting.

Ammoseek.com is currently showing .243 Win available from $2.00 to $3.50 per round, and .270 Win at $2.00 to $3.60 per round.

"If you’ve tried to buy ammo over the last year, you’ve notice that a lot of shop are struggling to keep up with demand. Many places have impose limits.

Stephen Gutowski reports that these manufacturers are still working through “several years’ worth of orders that have already been placed.”

“On certain products, we are certainly seeing backlogs that stretch out two years and beyond,” Brett Flaugher, president of Winchester Ammunition, told The Reload. “For those who shoot 9mm and 5.56 ammunition, which are both in high demand, it’s very uncertain how long it will be before people will consistently have ammunition readily available.”

“I’m looking at two and a half years’ worth of demand already on order,” Jason Hornady, vice president of Hornady Manufacturing Company, told The Reload. “So, I’m not seeing a slowdown for two and a half years.”

Flaugher said the industry is simply struggling to keep up. He said three main factors have driven sales and continue to drive them beyond the industry’s ability to expand supply. The first was pandemic-induced safety concerns that drove millions of Americans to purchase guns for the first time. The second was the increased participation in recreational shooting and hunting during the lockdowns. The third was concern over new gun-control legislation after President Joe Biden won the 2020 election and Democrats who favor new restrictions took control of the Senate.

“We have certainly experienced unprecedented demand for all categories of ammunition over the past year—rimfire, centerfire rifle and pistol, as well as our shotshell products,” Flaugher said. “Over the past year, we’ve seen more than 21 million firearms sold, with over 9 million to first-time gun buyers. This is an incredible number. Overall, more than 52 million people in the U.S. participate in the shooting sports, which is actually 2.5 times higher than the number of people who golf.”

Report: Manufacturers Say Ammo Shortage Could Last For Years | NewsRadio 740 KTRH | Michael Berry
Show of hands. Which of you gun owners would buy non-American/Canadian ammo made in China/India/Mexico to use in any firearm you may need to save you or your family's life?

This is the primary reason that started the needless shortage to begin with – idiot conservatives buying into the ridiculous lie that Biden was going to ‘confiscate’ guns or ‘limit’ ammunition – neither of which has happened or will happen.

Hopefully biden and the democrats will be unable to seriously harm honest gun owners

But they wont stop trying to disarm Americans

However most conservatives have been well armed and well supplied with ammo for years

I think its liberals who are afraid of democrat gun policies that are panic buying

They just recently woke up to the gun confiscation threat from their own party
Several million people went out and bought their first guns within the last year and a half. They realized they needed ammo for those guns, so they bought that too. Then they realized shooting is a whole lot of fun, so they bought even more ammo.
The rest of us, who already had a lot of ammo, but who are also always shooting and restocking our stashes of ammo, started seeing ammo shelves clear out so we started buying more ammo too.
And an entire industry that was set up for a certain level of demand, couldn't even begin to keep up the supply with all this shit going on.

And here we are.

This shortage is hurting the Fudds the worse, and those who believe the 2A is about hunting.

Ammoseek.com is currently showing .243 Win available from $2.00 to $3.50 per round, and .270 Win at $2.00 to $3.60 per round.

"If you’ve tried to buy ammo over the last year, you’ve notice that a lot of shop are struggling to keep up with demand. Many places have impose limits.

Stephen Gutowski reports that these manufacturers are still working through “several years’ worth of orders that have already been placed.”

“On certain products, we are certainly seeing backlogs that stretch out two years and beyond,” Brett Flaugher, president of Winchester Ammunition, told The Reload. “For those who shoot 9mm and 5.56 ammunition, which are both in high demand, it’s very uncertain how long it will be before people will consistently have ammunition readily available.”

“I’m looking at two and a half years’ worth of demand already on order,” Jason Hornady, vice president of Hornady Manufacturing Company, told The Reload. “So, I’m not seeing a slowdown for two and a half years.”

Flaugher said the industry is simply struggling to keep up. He said three main factors have driven sales and continue to drive them beyond the industry’s ability to expand supply. The first was pandemic-induced safety concerns that drove millions of Americans to purchase guns for the first time. The second was the increased participation in recreational shooting and hunting during the lockdowns. The third was concern over new gun-control legislation after President Joe Biden won the 2020 election and Democrats who favor new restrictions took control of the Senate.

“We have certainly experienced unprecedented demand for all categories of ammunition over the past year—rimfire, centerfire rifle and pistol, as well as our shotshell products,” Flaugher said. “Over the past year, we’ve seen more than 21 million firearms sold, with over 9 million to first-time gun buyers. This is an incredible number. Overall, more than 52 million people in the U.S. participate in the shooting sports, which is actually 2.5 times higher than the number of people who golf.”

Report: Manufacturers Say Ammo Shortage Could Last For Years | NewsRadio 740 KTRH | Michael Berry
Show of hands. Which of you gun owners would buy non-American/Canadian ammo made in China/India/Mexico to use in any firearm you may need to save you or your family's life?
Dude, in an emergency, I'm willing to kill you with a rock...... why would I quibble about ammo?

According to a friend Kentucky is loaded, pardon the pun. He delivers my order when he visits.

Forum List

Back