Manchin wants to raise age to 21 for gun purchases, doesn't see need for AR-15s

I didn't do a search because I know that the AR platform has a charging handle. The Ruger 10-22 doesn't.
It could.

The Ruger® 10/22® charging handle upgrade offers users a longer, curved handle, and ensures a stronger grip and improved leverage. The “Spartan” Charging Handle is great for shooters with big hands or for competition shooters to make charging and clearing jams quick and easy. The "Spartan’s" unique skeletonized design is an ultra-lightweight modification for your 10/22® and requires no special tools to install.
Also the magazine is a dead give away.
Still, doesn't change my answer.

Manchin wants to raise age to 21 for gun purchases, doesn't see need for AR-15s

Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia voiced his support Monday for raising the age to 21 for purchasing semi-automatic weapons and questioned why individuals need to own high-powered AR-15-style weapons, putting him at odds with Republicans who are resisting imposing any restrictions on access to firearms.
"I never thought I had a need for that type of a high-capacity automatic weapon," Manchin told CNN on Monday. "I like to shoot, I like to go out and hunt. I like to go out sports shooting. I do all of that. But I've never felt I needed something of that magnitude."
Manchin also said he "wouldn't have a problem on looking at" backing a ban on so-called assault weapons -- a proposal pushed by the White House and Democratic leaders, but that stands no chance of winning the needed 60-votes in the Senate.

"It depends on what they, how they would approach it," Manchin said. "I'm open to anything that makes gun sense."

The comments from the Senate's most conservative Democrat -- who hails from a state with a strong gun culture -- show growing Democratic support for imposing tough new gun laws as senators try to see whether there can be any compromise with Republicans to deal with episodes of gun violence ravaging communities nationwide. The position underscores how the two sides still have a number of major disagreements to resolve as they race to cut a deal this week amid public outcry over mass shootings nationwide.

Manchin is part of a small bipartisan group of Senate negotiators trying to finalize a deal on guns. The negotiators are not discussing some of President Joe Biden's demands such as renewing the expired assault weapons ban, but they are looking at a handful of changes, including incentivizing states to enact red flag laws, which allow guns to be temporarily taken away from individuals deemed a danger to themselves or others, expand background checks on gun purchases, bolster the mental health care system and beef up school security. There is also discussion about new regulations on gun trafficking between states and potential new legislation on storing weapons safely at gun owners' residences.

Given that there is a AR behind every blade of grass in WV it looks like he's giving himself a out.
/----/ I don't see a need for Manchin

You are a slow one. I’m not the moron when you’re the one who can’t even understand shit about gun laws? Is it because you’re the one who doesn’t know shit about what they are talking about ? Are you that confused by .22 vs .223 ? Please, little child. Take your little ball of gotcha questions and shove them. There are more then half dozen states that claim a ban on assault weapons. You want me to compare their definitions one at a time with your sorry ass little pictures ? Please, go ahead little child and put me on ignore.🖕
Did you notice the fucking retard could not answer my question about the two rifles? Both are the same weapon a Rugar 10/22 , which shoots a .22 cal bullet, but the one on the right has been dressed up to look scary, proving that you dont know shit about weapons. Now you go to the pigsty called ignore with the rest of the progressive pigs.

It could.

The Ruger® 10/22® charging handle upgrade offers users a longer, curved handle, and ensures a stronger grip and improved leverage. The “Spartan” Charging Handle is great for shooters with big hands or for competition shooters to make charging and clearing jams quick and easy. The "Spartan’s" unique skeletonized design is an ultra-lightweight modification for your 10/22® and requires no special tools to install.

Still, doesn't change my answer.
No wrong ARs have a charging handle the 10 22 has a bolt handle. Regradless of what they are calling that item it's a bolt handle and no where near close to where a charging handle is placed. And you can tell a big difference between 556/223 magazines and the 1022

Did you notice the fucking retard could not answer my question about the two rifles? Both are the same weapon a Rugar 10/22 , which shoots a .22 cal bullet, but the one on the right has been dressed up to look scary, proving that you dont know shit about weapons. Now you go to the pigsty called ignore with the rest of the progressive pigs.
Did you notice what a dumb question it is. No one of any intellect decides whether a firearm should be regulated based upon PICTURES. It’s really stupid. Is English your first language, or pictures ? I posted the descriptive language used by NY. Let’s see if you can read.

No wrong ARs have a charging handle the 10 22 has a bolt handle.
Yes, they do...................stock.
Regradless of what they are calling that item it's a bolt handle and no where near close to where a charging handle is placed. And you can tell a big difference between 556/223 magazines and the 1022
Given similar pictures, hard to tell.
Doesn't matter a .22 caliber, 10/22 lightweight is an assault weapon.

But don't mention
  • Overall Length37"
  • Barrel Length18.50"

• 1655827480325.png

If the Patriots ever wake up and truly decide to hit Ctl Alt Del twice like it says in the Owners Manual, you'll see the difference
Wow, a cyber threat . Do you think they can remember how to do three things at once ?

I’d have to give shit first….not happening.

Yes, they do...................stock.

Given similar pictures, hard to tell.
Doesn't matter a .22 caliber, 10/22 lightweight is an assault weapon.

But don't mention
It's call a bolt handle
This is a charging handle
Charging Handles - Save big on AR15 and AR10 Charge Handles
So you're saying any semiautomatic rifle is an assault weapon?
Looks don't make something what it isn't. Function makes it what it is.

It's call a bolt handle
This is a charging handle
Charging Handles - Save big on AR15 and AR10 Charge Handles
So you're saying any semiautomatic rifle is an assault weapon?
Could be, depending on the configuration or modifications
Looks don't make something what it isn't. Function makes it what it is.
Sounds exactly what you're trying to do.
.22 is the same as .223?

WTF?

No wrong ARs have a charging handle the 10 22 has a bolt handle. Regradless of what they are calling that item it's a bolt handle and no where near close to where a charging handle is placed. And you can tell a big difference between 556/223 magazines and the 1022

Forum List

Back