Man forces daughter to marry her rapist

A girl I used to work with got married at 12.
She was really just 12 when she got married? How old was her husband?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
I don't remember. That was a long time ago. I do know it was all willing and her parents were ok with it. Her parents were idiots..

In most cases, not only do they need parental permission, but they also need a judge to sign off. That is extremely rare at 12 years old.
I'll see if I can find out tomorrow lol..

Well???
cmon.gif
I just asked my mom. She said he was 18 and was either about to graduate HS or just did.

She was really just 12 when she got married? How old was her husband?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
I don't remember. That was a long time ago. I do know it was all willing and her parents were ok with it. Her parents were idiots..

In most cases, not only do they need parental permission, but they also need a judge to sign off. That is extremely rare at 12 years old.

Well???
cmon.gif
I just asked my mom. She said he was 18 and was either about to graduate HS or just did.

Imagine being 18 and dating a 12 year old? :cuckoo: Child molester.

Father took teenage daughter out of state to marry her rapist

This is a biblical principle.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

Because Christians seem to have a hard-on these days for ensuring that their "religious beliefs" are preserved and not interfered with by the law, I ask you, why should this man go to jail for following a sincerely held religious belief? This is analogous to the county clerks refusing gay marriage and bakers refusing to serve a cake to a gay couple about to be married, right?

If you believe it's not analogous (due to the harm to the girl), then explain why the civil rights of the gay people seeking a lawful wedding should be ignored while the civil right of the teenage girl not to be forced to marry her rapist is honored?

Slightly misleading (read dishonest) thread title.

The man in fact took his daughter to a state where she was legally allowed to consent to a guy who she willingly had sex with in a state where such sex was statutory rape.

Now, I don't approve of a 14 year old girl marrying a 24 year old man, but it seems as though the girl wanted it and the dad didn't dissaprove, so my question to you and other stupid liberals is, why all the sudden do you want the government in people's bedrooms?

And of course the obvious. What in the fuck does the Bible have to do with this non news?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

Because Christians seem to have a hard-on these days for ensuring that their "religious beliefs" are preserved and not interfered with by the law, I ask you, why should this man go to jail for following a sincerely held religious belief? This is analogous to the county clerks refusing gay marriage and bakers refusing to serve a cake to a gay couple about to be married, right?

If you believe it's not analogous (due to the harm to the girl), then explain why the civil rights of the gay people seeking a lawful wedding should be ignored while the civil right of the teenage girl not to be forced to marry her rapist is honored?

The man in fact took his daughter to a state where she was legally allowed to consent to a guy who she willingly had sex with in a state where such sex was statutory rape.

Now, I don't approve of a 14 year old girl marrying a 24 year old man, but it seems as though the girl wanted it and the dad didn't dissaprove, so my question to you and other stupid liberals is, why all the sudden do you want the government in people's bedrooms?

And of course the obvious. What in the fuck does the Bible have to do with this non news?

Minors can't consent. That is why it's called statutory rape. Dude has some serious issues and what kind of father would allow that? Good grief.

Minors can't consent. That is why it's called statutory rape. Dude has some serious issues and what kind of father would allow that? Good grief.

And that of course depends on what state you live in as to the age of consent. Yes, I'm weirded out by a 28 year old and a 14 year old getting married, but I also don't believe the government should be tracking people down and arresting them if they live in a state where it is illegal and go to one where it is legal to do so.

No different than I'm weirded out by gay sex, but don't for one second believe that the government should be arresting gays.

And that of course depends on what state you live in as to the age of consent. Yes, I'm weirded out by a 28 year old and a 14 year old getting married, but I also don't believe the government should be tracking people down and arresting them if they live in a state where it is illegal and go to one where it is legal to do so.

No different than I'm weirded out by gay sex, but don't for one second believe that the government should be arresting gays.

Pedophiles and people who pray on youngsters need to be arrested.

Well???
cmon.gif

He was insane. So were her parents.

Well???
cmon.gif

He was insane. So were her parents.

I would have him arrested if I was the parent. No WAY would I allow that to happen.

I have said from the beginning..it's obviously a case where the families were trying, together, to do the right thing for the kids..who were pregnant. Babies do better with married parents. But the girl lost the baby, so the family recognize there was no longer any need for the marriage, and had it annulled.

It's a situation that is as old as man is. We can find evidence of families from thousands of years ago, where one family is living with another family, and someone ends up pregnant and they just marry them off and carry on. My grandmother married at 16. Her husband was her sister's hired boy. They had 11 children together and had a homestead in the coastal mountains of Oregon. My mother is the youngest. There was no outrage, and I'm still not outraged by the very mention of girls who marry young.

I agree, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying when you have a state that says in effect "you can fuck 14 year olds" and you have another state that says "you can not fuck 14 year olds" I find it very odd that the government is chasing down people who go to a state to fuck people who it is legal to fuck in that state.

Example. When I was 18 it was illegal in my state for me to buy beer. In the neighboring state it was legal. So of course, on Friday night we loaded up and crossed the state line to buy beer. Now , should my state have chased me across state lines and arrested me for buying beer in a state where it was legal? Of course no.

I have said from the beginning..it's obviously a case where the families were trying, together, to do the right thing for the kids..who were pregnant. Babies do better with married parents. But the girl lost the baby, so the family recognize there was no longer any need for the marriage, and had it annulled.

It's a situation that is as old as man is. We can find evidence of families from thousands of years ago, where one family is living with another family, and someone ends up pregnant and they just marry them off and carry on. My grandmother married at 16. Her husband was her sister's hired boy. They had 11 children together and had a homestead in the coastal mountains of Oregon. My mother is the youngest. There was no outrage, and I'm still not outraged by the very mention of girls who marry young.

That's because you're nuttier than squirrel poop! Women do not want to be "married off."

I agree, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying when you have a state that says in effect "you can fuck 14 year olds" and you have another state that says "you can not fuck 14 year olds" I find it very odd that the government is chasing down people who go to a state to fuck people who it is legal to fuck in that state.

Example. When I was 18 it was illegal in my state for me to buy beer. In the neighboring state it was legal. So of course, on Friday night we loaded up and crossed the state line to buy beer. Now , should my state have chased me across state lines and arrested me for buying beer in a state where it was legal? Of course no.

It should be 18 across the board, understanding that children will experiment with one another, if one is more than a few years older than the child, they should face some serious charges. It's just not right to mess with kids.

It should be 18 across the board, understanding that children will experiment with one another, if one is more than a few years older than the child, they should face some serious charges. It's just not right to mess with kids.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I simply am not fine with a state arresting someone for going to another state and doing something that is legal in that state but illegal in their own.

Believe it or not, parents often give permission for underaged daughters to get married. One of my oldest friends was married to his high school sweetheart when he was 15 and she was 16. She was pregnant. They were married, finished school, had a few more kids, were together until the kids were grown. Now they have different spouses, but they are still very close as are all their kids.

I guess you missed the part about the girl being FORCED to marry her RAPIST.

The forced part makes it not OK.

Sounds like an excellent deterent and an example to all men who violate girls, whether by invitation or otherwise.
Yup. If you make a baby, you're going to support the baby, AND the mother.

It wasn't statutory rape. It was rape. A 25 year old man got a 14 year old girl drunk and raped her. He's now serving 15 years in jail for the crime.

This wasn't 2 teenagers fooling around. This was an adult male, who raped a young teenager.

Believe it or not, parents often give permission for underaged daughters to get married. One of my oldest friends was married to his high school sweetheart when he was 15 and she was 16. She was pregnant. They were married, finished school, had a few more kids, were together until the kids were grown. Now they have different spouses, but they are still very close as are all their kids.

I guess you missed the part about the girl being FORCED to marry her RAPIST.

The forced part makes it not OK.
That was the terminology of the wacked out faggot copyeditor and the worthless author at that ridiculous homo site. You prove again that the baby killers have no concept of what "force" means. You'd be fine with "forcing" her to have an abortion, in reality...for her own good...but you can't stand the thought of her and her family facilitating a marriage. Sex is okay...abortion is okay...marriage is ABUSE.

Sounds like an excellent deterent and an example to all men who violate girls, whether by invitation or otherwise.
Yup. If you make a baby, you're going to support the baby, AND the mother.

It wasn't statutory rape. It was rape. A 25 year old man got a 14 year old girl drunk and raped her. He's now serving 15 years in jail for the crime.

This wasn't 2 teenagers fooling around. This was an adult male, who raped a young teenager.

YOu are assuming facts not in evidence. There has been no indication that the man "got" the girl drunk.

There is no indication that the sex was not mutually agreed upon.

Sounds like a Liberal thing.

If liberals are going to promote this kind of thing with their Presidential candidate, they can't complain about it for anyone.

Forum List

Back