Malcolm Nance and Ben Shapiro debate on critical race theory gets heated, personal on Real Time With Bill Maher

Nance is a total fucking liar. Maher clearly defines CRT as oppressor oppressed and Nance says that ins't CRT. All they do is lie.

POLITICS NEWS

Texas Senate passes bill that removes requirement to teach Ku Klux Klan as 'morally wrong'​

The agenda item was included in some two dozen curriculum requirements that were dropped in Senate Bill 3, which the Republican-dominated Senate passed 18-4 last Friday.

The bill addresses Section 28.002 of the state's education code and is a follow-up to House Bill 3979, which was already passed and recently signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott. That bill is set to become law in September, the Austin American-Statesman reported.
---------------------------------
cancelling is what the republicans do best.

Last edited:
The Texas Senate on Friday passed legislation that would end requirements that public schools include writings on women’s suffrage and the civil rights movement in social studies classes.

Among the figures whose works would be dropped: Susan B. Anthony, Cesar Chavez, and Martin Luther King Jr., whose “I Have a Dream"speech and “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” would no longer make the curriculum cut.

The bill (S.B. 3), which was passed on a vote of 18 to 4, now is stalled because the House can’t achieve a quorum while a breakaway group of Democrats is out of the state. The special session is set to end on Aug. 6.

It would remove more than two dozen teaching requirements from a new law (H.B 3979) that bars the teaching of critical race theory, an academic framework exploring racism’s shaping of the country.
snip
Speaking on the chamber floor, state Sen. Judith Zaffirini (D) said the legislation amounts to “tying the hands of our teachers.”

“How could a teacher possibly discuss slavery, the Holocaust, or the mass shootings at the Walmart in El Paso or at the Sutherland Springs church in my district without giving deference to any one perspective?,” she said.
------------------------------------
the teachers are not teaching history anymore, if this becomes law.

Malcolm made it personal, which is unfair
In my opinion Nance won the exchange because he managed to make Shapiro lose his temper

its true that he did that by misrepresenting Shapiro’s position on the issues, so on facts Shapiro won

but on style points Nance was the winner because at the end Nance was smiling and laughing and Shapiro was scowling

thats what viewers will remember

Among the figures whose works would be dropped: Susan B. Anthony, Cesar Chavez, and Martin Luther King Jr., whose “I Have a Dream"speech and “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” would no longer make the curriculum cut.
Wrong

there is no prohibition against teaching those topics

but they are not made required teaching either

if it were up to me history would be the centerpiece of public education

along with the 3 Rs

But there are only a limited number of hours in a day and we mustn't forget to teach kids all about the joys of sexual perversion and why we’re all gonna die thanks to man-made global warming

For the record I want kids get the most well rounded education in history which should include women’s sufferage and Ceasar Chevaze

Last edited:
Wrong

there is no prohibition against teaching those topics

but they are not made required teaching either

if it were up to me history would be the centerpiece of public education

along with the 3 Rs

But there are only a limited number of hours in a day and we mustn't forget to teach kids all about the joys of sexual perversion and why we’re all gonna die thanks to man-made global warming

For the record I want kids get the modt eell rounded education in history which should include women’s sufferage and Ceasar Chevaze
Not yet, but soon there will be. History should include the everything.

Forum List

Back