Make Dishwashers Great Again

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
And clothes washers too.

“Why is Trump talking about dishwashers?” asks Slate. “It’s part of Trump’s core campaign message: nostalgia for a fictitious era in American history where everything was better, simpler.”

Maybe. But there’s also this reality: he is 100% correct about this whole topic. It’s a big and important one too.

American dishwashers used to work. They were wonderful labor-saving devices. They kept our kitchens cleaner. They sanitized the dishes, helping to stop cross-contamination and generally improving health over the iffy process of handwashing. Also, as with all household appliances, they made life better, reducing one more chore that was widely seen as women’s work.

Then one day they just stopped doing the work.

What happened?

Older models of dishwashers used 15 gallons of water. Today the typical “Energy Star” model will attempt to wash with three gallons. Sorry but that’s just not possible, no matter how many fancy tricks you try.

Dishwashers used to wash all the dishes in under one hour. Now they take two hours, three hours, and four hours, and still don’t get the dishes clean. So much for saving on energy. Less water, sure, but more electricity — and what does it mean to save resources when the thing doesn’t work?

All of this is directly due to government regulations.

Let’s Talk about Ghastly Dishwashers

Whenever you frequent a bar in a restaurant take a second to look at the glasses. They are all filthy

Glad we're focusing on the important things!

For the record my dishwasher works perfectly. Don't buy cheap shit and expect premium results.

And clothes washers too.

“Why is Trump talking about dishwashers?” asks Slate. “It’s part of Trump’s core campaign message: nostalgia for a fictitious era in American history where everything was better, simpler.”

Maybe. But there’s also this reality: he is 100% correct about this whole topic. It’s a big and important one too.

American dishwashers used to work. They were wonderful labor-saving devices. They kept our kitchens cleaner. They sanitized the dishes, helping to stop cross-contamination and generally improving health over the iffy process of handwashing. Also, as with all household appliances, they made life better, reducing one more chore that was widely seen as women’s work.

What happened?

Older models of dishwashers used 15 gallons of water. Today the typical “Energy Star” model will attempt to wash with three gallons. Sorry but that’s just not possible, no matter how many fancy tricks you try.

Dishwashers used to wash all the dishes in under one hour. Now they take two hours, three hours, and four hours, and still don’t get the dishes clean. So much for saving on energy. Less water, sure, but more electricity — and what does it mean to save resources when the thing doesn’t work?

Not sure what is wrong with your dishwasher, mine is amazing. I do not do crap to my dishes before I put them in but get off the large particles of food.

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

Not sure what is wrong with your dishwasher, mine is amazing. I do not do crap to my dishes before I put them in but get off the large particles of food.
How old and what’s the make?

I want to get a new one but the reviews of even the most expensive all parrot the OP points.

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

And they fucked up the detergent too...…..removed all the phosphates.

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

I want to get a new one but the reviews of even the most expensive all parrot the OP points.

About 4 years old and a Samsung I got at Bestbuy. Not one review mentions the things you do.

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

it is like the 1.6 gallon toilets that do not work. We do not have a water shortage. The Left causes problems.

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

About 4 years old and a Samsung I got at Bestbuy. Not one review mentions the things you do.
From Samsung:

Most dishwasher cycles times range from 80-150 minutes, depending on the cycle and the soil level. It's not unusual for a cycle to be 2 or 3 hours long. This is true for all manufacturers, not just Samsung.

Dishes are not clean after dishwasher cycle

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

These fucking liberal retards don't get it.

We use the HEAVY mode, and wash our dishes TWICE because these fucking regulations leave our dishes dirty.

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

Gator, You are trying to defeat alternative facts. His dishwasher if fine. His commode is fine. His soap is fine. It's his Trumpian spin outlook that's off. Quite funny really. :)

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

it is like the 1.6 gallon toilets that do not work. We do not have a water shortage. The Left causes problems.

I would like to replace my toilet, but I don't want to get stuck with one of those models. My employer bought one for the mens room at work, and it's been nothing of a problem since he got it. I used it a couple of times, and instead of one flush like I only had to do with his old toilet, I have to flush three or four times.

And clothes washers too.

What happened?

Yeah, now there's a war on dishwashers and toilets. Don can't get his shit to flush.

People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times as opposed to once. They end up using more water,” Trump said, continuing that the Environmental Protection Agency is "looking at" the issue at "his suggestion."

“We have a situation where we’re looking very strongly at sinks and showers and other elements of bathrooms, where you turn the faucet on in areas where there’s tremendous amounts of water, where it rushes out to sea because you could never handle it. And you don’t get any water. You turn on the faucet and you don’t get any water,” Trump said during the White House round-table on small business and red tape reduction."

No Don, it's your turds.

Forum List

Back