Majority Of U.S. Catholics Think Abortion Should Be Legal, Survey Shows

Prayers up for the souls of little ones who didn't get a chance to live their God-given lives. I think Jesus weeps for those who are so calloused they had their own child aborted.

Imagine that. The same religion that thinks that saying a few hail marys and our fathers will get you forgiveness from God and that Mary is somehow holy thinks abortion is ok.

Color me shocked I tell ya.

Imagine that. The same religion that thinks that saying a few hail marys and our fathers will get you forgiveness from God and that Mary is somehow holy thinks abortion is ok.

Color me shocked I tell ya.
Catholicism is more regimented than any other Christian denomination. Or at least it was until Vatican 2 was fully incorporated around a half century ago.

“Pew Research found that about six in 10 Catholics in the U.S. think abortion should be legal, with 39% saying it should be legal in most cases and 22% saying it should be legal in all cases.”

Clearly a majority of Catholics correctly understand that one can support reproductive autonomy and privacy rights while also opposing abortion as a matter of religious dogma.
FALSE...

"
consistent church attendance is correlated with greater pro-life sentiment. As such, Catholics who attend Mass weekly tend to be much more pro-life the Catholics who only attend Mass occasionally.”

A March survey from the Pew Research Center provides another perspective on public opinion. Among its respondents, 76% of Catholics said abortion should be legal in some cases but illegal in others, 10% said abortion should be illegal in all cases, and 13% said it should be legal in all cases.

Catholicism is more regimented than any other Christian denomination. Or at least it was until Vatican 2 was fully incorporated around a half century ago.
It was never fully incorporated. Legally, in both civil and canon law diocese ,churches , religious orders,catholic social groups --- all are separate .

It was never fully incorporated. Legally, in both civil and canon law diocese ,churches , religious orders,catholic social groups --- all are separate .
Legality means nothing. Neighborhoods were affected. And they died.

Legality means nothing. Neighborhoods were affected. And they died.
I am right and you don't know how to express yourself.
Neighborhoods affected? died? what does that have to do with the legal status of the elements of the catholic church

I am right and you don't know how to express yourself.
Neighborhoods affected? died? what does that have to do with the legal status of the elements of the catholic church
It means the neighborhoods changed. From one ethnic group to another. Reality!

It means the neighborhoods changed. From one ethnic group to another. Reality!
Even more nebulous , how do you change ethnic groups. DO all the neighborhoods get together.

This reminds me of what I once heard (and it is impossible)
On Fourth of July/Thanksgiving/Holiday X every home in America has more cars because of visitors

THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.
As is every neighborhood changing its ethnic groups

Even more nebulous , how do you change ethnic groups. DO all the neighborhoods get together.

This reminds me of what I once heard (and it is impossible)
On Fourth of July/Thanksgiving/Holiday X every home in America has more cars because of visitors

THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.
As is every neighborhood changing its ethnic groups
When inner city people moved in, and crime skyrocketed the people who lived in those neighborhoods moved out. Some of those hoods took some years to do so.

Forum List

Back