Mainstream media articles (online) no longer have "Comments" sections.

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Serious. Huff post, NYT, CNN, etc.

Why did they suddenly disable their comments sections?

EDIT: adding a comment of my own to OP

A man could sit down in a small public library full of 30,000 books, and never finish reading them throughout the course of his lifetime, even if he sat there the rest of his life without sleeping.

Thus, at some point or another, a man must listen to the discourse and arguments of others, in order to learn what he could not have hoped to learn on his own.

That is the importance of a comment section. It's a gateway to tens of thousands of people with different life experiences, educations and knowledge, that no single man himself could ever hope to acquire.

Being able to read and assess the arguments of tens of thousands of people on an article ultimately furthers understanding of the content (subject) of which upon the original article is based, regardless of whether or not such commentary either affirms or refutes the premise of the article itself.

For the comments section to be removed from CNN and other "mainstream" websites where the overwhelming majority of the politically interested public will traffic through, tells you that CNN and other such websites fear refutation.

Last edited:
Last edited:
There was a day not too long ago when CNN welcomed comments....you can't even find a comment page anymore...for any of them...from CNN to PBS...
When you represent a minority opinion you don't want to hear from others....
When your job is to report the government line for the deep state you don't want to hear from the people....
Pravda....didn't have a comment line or contact number either.....

There was a day not too long ago when CNN welcomed comments....you can't even find a comment page anymore...for any of them...from CNN to PBS...
When you represent a minority opinion you don't want to hear from others....
When your job is to report the government line for the deep state you don't want to hear from the people....
Pravda....didn't have a comment line or contact number either.....

Yep. It's hurts their own online ratings too, because I would still visit these sites today if they had the comments section just to read the general discourse.

they obviously dont want to have dissenting voices of people that are are awake that are not blind sheep is why.LOL
Exactly. I’ve noticed that more and more people are waking up, you can see that in comment sections of any controlled MSM BS propaganda. It’s just one more way for them to try to keep a lid on their farce, which still a lot of sheep believe, as you can see on this site.

they obviously dont want to have dissenting voices of people that are are awake that are not blind sheep is why.LOL
Exactly. I’ve noticed that more and more people are waking up, you can see that in comment sections of any controlled MSM BS propaganda. It’s just one more way for them to try to keep a lid on their farce, which still a lot of sheep believe, as you can see on this site.

A man could sit down in a small public library full of 30,000 books, and never finish reading them throughout the course of his lifetime, even if he sat there the rest of his life without sleeping.

Thus, at some point or another, a man must listen to the discourse and arguments of others, in order to learn what he could not have hoped to learn on his own.

That is the importance of a comment section. It's a gateway to tens of thousands of people with different life experiences, educations and knowledge, that no single man himself could ever hope to acquire.

Being able to read and assess the arguments of tens of thousands of people on an article ultimately furthers understanding of the content (subject) of which upon the original article is based, regardless of whether or not such commentary either affirms or refutes the premise of the article itself.

For the comments section to be removed from CNN and other "mainstream" websites where the overwhelming majority of the politically interested public will traffic through, tells you that CNN and other such websites fear refutation.

Checked Huffpo and they still have a comment section. Waste of my time.

I'm looking at this article and I don't see it:

3rd party twitter comments and retweets don't count.

Fox Business Host Lou Dobbs Claims Bomb Threats Were Fake | HuffPost

Huffington post had a comments section at bottom for over a decade.
Click the comment bubble where all the social media sharing links are. 526 comments at the moment.

Click the comment bubble where all the social media sharing links are. 526 comments at the moment.
Upload an image of where to click. I'm using Windows 7 dekstop

uGYXCvm.png

Th9dzoR.png

uGYXCvm.png

Th9dzoR.png

Ok, you're right, there's a nearly invisible transparent grey bubble against a white backgrounds, such that, when clicked, displays posts made only by "leaders" via Sort by "best" instead of default sort by "newest."

Cool.

What was wrong with the old way, the giant obvious comment box at the bottom?

uGYXCvm.png

Th9dzoR.png

Ok, you're right, there's a nearly invisible transparent grey bubble against a white backgrounds, such that, when clicked, displays posts made only by "leaders" via Sort by "best" instead of default sort by "newest."

Cool.

What was wrong with the old way, the giant obvious comment box at the bottom?
So basically, you posted this thread because you're pissed you have no idea how to use a site that you never visit. Cool.

Lou Dobbs is a great source to listen to.He tells it like it,things the lamestream media dont want you to hear.

uGYXCvm.png

Th9dzoR.png

Redirecting the commentary is a tool of leftist.
A lot of people dont use twitter or facebook because they are politicialy biased. This is just another way to try and control the dialogue.

Forum List

Back