Mail in voting - Democrats again the party of despotism

This thread is not about whether or not government mailing ballots all over the place without being prompted is a good idea or not. I think it's not, but that's for another thread.

The parties of course are competing with each other. And realistically, there are only two parties that win any substantial number of elections. Fair play in all competitions is that rules are agreed on before the competition by the contestants.

That Democrats are ramming a new system down everyone's throats is in itself wrong and despotic. The parties should agree to changing the system of deciding who wins those competitions before the competition. One party should not be able to unilaterally change the rules themselves on their own.

Democrats keep saying we're a "democracy." Well, when one side is deciding how we determine the winner, it's not. Democrats are more and more like any despotic government that decides how elections will be run and who will win.

If mail in ballots are better, then we need to take the time and figure out how to make it work so both sides are comfortable.

So the question to address in the thread: Should one party be able to unilaterally be able to change the basic rules of the game over the objections of the other party?

I say no. Republicans should not be able to do it either

You have several flaws in your post. Nothing was jammed down anyone's throat. The fact is that the only reason that some Republicans like Trump oppse it is because the larger the turnout the more likely he is to lose. The Republican in Iowa who oversees elections sent out requests to every registered voter. The RNC is even pushing people to vote by mail. Making it easier to vote is not determining the election or despotic. You are the one who is a despot.

What you're doing is making the lame argument that if one Republican agreed to something anywhere then all Republicans agreed to it everywhere. Each State is different.

And you say flaw in my post, but nowhere honey did I say no mail in voting. In any state that wants to increase mail in voting, the parties should work together. And they will come up with different answers.

A Republican agreeing to something in Iowa is a Republican agreeing to something in Iowa. No less, but no more

That assumes the Republicans want to participate. In too ,any states, Republicans are the problem rather than the solution.

If voting in person is too taxing to do once every 4 years then useful Americans don’t want you to vote because you are too uninformed and unmotivated.
The blubbering about third world lack of transportation is a non issue, pile Intp the taco or ice cream truck and go to tbe polls

Why don't you shut up. That is so stupid. What I would expect from a Trump supporter. Why doesn't Trump vote in person.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
I get it, unlimited Dem vote fraud is bad for Republicans.

Actually the Dems true vote by mail ELECTION RIGGING SCHEME was reported yesterday...get millions to vote by mail BEFORE the first debate, BEFORE Biden has to face his opponent and defend his policies, BEFORE there is really a presidential campaign. Rig the election by letting the liberal news media to spew anti Trump, pro Biden propaganda while Biden hides in his basement not facing the American people.

So rig the election by getting millions of Americans to make an uninformed decision. Truly a new low for Democrats.

Debates are not going to change anything. Anything Trump touches turns to disaster. Those voters are more informed than you are.

So the question to address in the thread: Should one party be able to unilaterally be able to change the basic rules of the game over the objections of the other party?

Yes, within reason. Voting is a matter controlled by the state within guidelines set by the U.S. Constitution. If both governor and legislature of the state are controlled by one political party then of course they have leeway to some extent on voting procedures. However, the judicial branch of government is there to act upon any objection based on injustice.

For example, I'm sure the Democrats would follow through with a lawsuit if the GOP here in Arizona had passed a law this past Spring requiring mail-in voting as the only means to vote in yesterday's primary and this November's general election. I'm pretty sure the court would agree that it disenfranchises a good number of Native-American voters living on reservations on roads with no names where mail delivery is problematic at best.

Thank you! One of the few people who made an actual attempt to answer the question.

My question doesn't really specify the Federal level. I wanted to point that out. I don't think new rules should be rammed down either party's throat against their objections at the State or Federal level.

If Democrats really believed in democracy, this is the last thing they would do. Think about it. Democracy relies on that when you lose, you accept the results because the process was fair.

Doesn't that bother you? That ballots are being mailed all the hell over and half the country thinks that's not a valid way to determine who won an election? It is just part of ending belief in the American system

Again these are not new rules. Nevada has had absentee balloting in place for a long time. Mail in balloting has been in place for some time. Worth noting that many stateas run by Republicans have refused to allow voters to even vote absentee without excuses. You are not concerned about the fact that Republicans are ignoring Democrats.

There is no evidence that ballots are beingt mailed willy nilly. A big majority support mail in balloting. You are in the clear minority.

OK, so just to be clear. Your standard is that if any Democrat anywhere agrees to something, that is binding on you that you agreed to it. That's what you're arguing. That's just stupid

This thread is not about whether or not government mailing ballots all over the place without being prompted is a good idea or not. I think it's not, but that's for another thread.

The parties of course are competing with each other. And realistically, there are only two parties that win any substantial number of elections. Fair play in all competitions is that rules are agreed on before the competition by the contestants.

That Democrats are ramming a new system down everyone's throats is in itself wrong and despotic. The parties should agree to changing the system of deciding who wins those competitions before the competition. One party should not be able to unilaterally change the rules themselves on their own.

Democrats keep saying we're a "democracy." Well, when one side is deciding how we determine the winner, it's not. Democrats are more and more like any despotic government that decides how elections will be run and who will win.

If mail in ballots are better, then we need to take the time and figure out how to make it work so both sides are comfortable.

You have several flaws in your post. Nothing was jammed down anyone's throat. The fact is that the only reason that some Republicans like Trump oppse it is because the larger the turnout the more likely he is to lose. The Republican in Iowa who oversees elections sent out requests to every registered voter. The RNC is even pushing people to vote by mail. Making it easier to vote is not determining the election or despotic. You are the one who is a despot.

What you're doing is making the lame argument that if one Republican agreed to something anywhere then all Republicans agreed to it everywhere. Each State is different.

And you say flaw in my post, but nowhere honey did I say no mail in voting. In any state that wants to increase mail in voting, the parties should work together. And they will come up with different answers.

A Republican agreeing to something in Iowa is a Republican agreeing to something in Iowa. No less, but no more

That assumes the Republicans want to participate. In too ,any states, Republicans are the problem rather than the solution.

That's just more of your empty, meaningless blather. You're just a hate filled ideologue

That's just more of your empty, meaningless blather. You're just a hate filled ideologue

You are the one who is hatefilled. All you have to do is look at Trump's arguments against mail in voting. Trump said it himself. The greater the turnout is, he loses.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

You are the one who is hatefilled. All you have to do is look at Trump's arguments against mail in voting. Trump said it himself. The greater the turnout is, he loses.

He was referring to people voting multiple times, not multiple people voting, dumb ass. You're a liar, you know that

Yes, within reason. Voting is a matter controlled by the state within guidelines set by the U.S. Constitution. If both governor and legislature of the state are controlled by one political party then of course they have leeway to some extent on voting procedures. However, the judicial branch of government is there to act upon any objection based on injustice.

For example, I'm sure the Democrats would follow through with a lawsuit if the GOP here in Arizona had passed a law this past Spring requiring mail-in voting as the only means to vote in yesterday's primary and this November's general election. I'm pretty sure the court would agree that it disenfranchises a good number of Native-American voters living on reservations on roads with no names where mail delivery is problematic at best.

Thank you! One of the few people who made an actual attempt to answer the question.

My question doesn't really specify the Federal level. I wanted to point that out. I don't think new rules should be rammed down either party's throat against their objections at the State or Federal level.

If Democrats really believed in democracy, this is the last thing they would do. Think about it. Democracy relies on that when you lose, you accept the results because the process was fair.

Doesn't that bother you? That ballots are being mailed all the hell over and half the country thinks that's not a valid way to determine who won an election? It is just part of ending belief in the American system

Other than through amendment of the Constitution, I don't see the Congress or President having any say in our elections. I definitely don't agree with what Trump has to say on the matter but in all fairness he's just responding to the House of Representatives sticking its nose into November's election, a place where it doesn't belong.

Our state has had permanent mail-in voting registry for awhile now and I am happy with it. Other than those in Washington sticking their nose into state's business, what bothers me would its forced implementation on a wide scale basis especially so near to November's election. If Arizona didn't already have it, I would hope to see it passed by the state next year, well ahead of time for the primaries and mid-terms of 2022.

The one issue that arose with mail-in voting here in the state was the question of when should counties stop validating the required envelope signatures? This was during the extremely close Martha McSally / Kyrsten Sinema contest to fill John McCain's seat in the Senate. Republicans wished to stop verification as soon as the polls closed and wanted those ballots tossed. Maricopa County (Phoenix area which is very Republican) and Pima County (Tucson which leans Democratic) with their large populations continued validation and counting days after the polls closed. The Republicans filed a lawsuit but agreement was reached between the parties and the count continued. Maricopa County, by the way, is claimed to have provided more votes to Trump in 2016 than any other county in the country.

I don't buy the voter fraud argument but I posted on that matter here: Millions of Absentee Ballots Go Missing

You don't buy that people will send in ballots for other people if mass ballots are mailed out with no accountability? That's insane. The rest of your post was pretty reasonable though

What I find insane over all these years is that partisan voters don't see that each party does only what is in their own best interest and whole heartedly swallows the fake issues their side is peddling at the time. All the while the obvious issue with our election system that dwarfs all these fake ones is as plain as the nose on their face, if only they would think independently for themselves.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I get it, unlimited Dem vote fraud is bad for Republicans.

Actually the Dems true vote by mail ELECTION RIGGING SCHEME was reported yesterday...get millions to vote by mail BEFORE the first debate, BEFORE Biden has to face his opponent and defend his policies, BEFORE there is really a presidential campaign. Rig the election by letting the liberal news media to spew anti Trump, pro Biden propaganda while Biden hides in his basement not facing the American people.

So rig the election by getting millions of Americans to make an uninformed decision. Truly a new low for Democrats.

Debates are not going to change anything. Anything Trump touches turns to disaster. Those voters are more informed than you are.

You forget Joe Biden is talking. He just told Blacks that all Blacks are the same while comparing them to Hispanics. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You don't buy that people will send in ballots for other people if mass ballots are mailed out with no accountability? That's insane. The rest of your post was pretty reasonable though
Pure nonsense. All states have mechanism in place to detect and prevent double voting and ballots are only sent to registered voters

All states have mechanism in place to detect and prevent double voting and ballots are only sent to registered voters

And every time the states use those them to purge their rolls, the Dems scream like stuck pigs.
One has nothing to do with the other

No fraud at all
8B26B2B8-61C7-4D74-843D-D3696914FB10.jpeg

Pure nonsense. All states have mechanism in place to detect and prevent double voting and ballots are only sent to registered voters

All states have mechanism in place to detect and prevent double voting and ballots are only sent to registered voters

And every time the states use those them to purge their rolls, the Dems scream like stuck pigs.
One has nothing to do with the other

You don't get the connection between mailing out millions of ballots all the hell over the place and cleaning out the voter rolls? Seriously? OMG, Democrats are just the dumbest people in the world.

Your userid should not be Lesh, it should be Sheesh ...

You don't get the connection between mailing out millions of ballots all the hell over the place and cleaning out the voter rolls? Seriously? OMG, Democrats are just the dumbest people in the world.
Hey dumbshit...you were talking about double voting.

Moron

Hey dumbshit...you were talking about double voting.

Moron

Hey dumbshit...I was talking about double voting.

Moron

Without purging the voter roles, it's a lot easier for people to do that. Think about it. But don't hurt yourself, you're not used to that. Be sure to stretch and drink lots of water. Take plenty of breaks until you build up your stamina.

Lesh: Duh, dar, I don't get how mailing out ballots to dead people would help someone vote multiple times. Drool, drool ...

Mail in voting - Democrats again the party of despotism
Yes....wanting everyone to vote as easiy , efficiently and safely as possible is now "despotic".

Only a loser who knows their party is in the minority would make such a retarded argument.

How is mail in voting a new system?

Because in the past you had to ask for a ballot. They didn't just send out ballots to everyone alive or dead they can imagine.

You didn't know that? Seriously? Where have you been, Antarctica?
They didn't just send out ballots to everyone alive or dead they can imagine.
That's your imagination, dope.

Because in the past you had to ask for a ballot. They didn't just send out ballots to everyone alive or dead they can imagine.

Bull shit, you made that up and you're completely wrong.

People die, they don't remove them from the voter registration rolls, they mail them a ballot. Anyone who gets that ballot can fill it out and mail it in. The person they voted for won't object. Can you think of why they won't object? LOL?

You don't understand that? How stupid are you?

Mail in voting has been done since the civil war. It is neither new nor untried. Trump is lying through his teeth, but that’s nothing new.

Again you're an idiot. We're talking about mass mailing out ballots. And no, that was not done in the Civil War. Stop being a retard

And again, that Iowa Republicans agreed to something does not justify Democrats in other States obliterating the rights of Republicans in their State.

This post is a double retard for you

I'm not the one who comes here and posts the lies and excuses Donald Trump is telling you - verbatim. In a panic mode. Vote Republican - the Democrats are demons!

The rights of Republicans are different than the rights of Democrats? How is mail-in voting "obliterating" the rights of Republicans.

To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.

True. Democrats are telling me that you're demons yourself. It's not Trump doing it

The Democrats aren't being welcomed to the stage to the strains of "Live and Let Die", as the number of dead Americans tops 160,000 people, and rising by 1000 or more PER DAY, more than two million sick, and those numbers are not coming down.

This isn't about the economy, this is about the American people. 3.5 million people have gotten sick, and 70,000 people have died since the Democrats passed the hero's bill and Republicans stood by and enforced Donald's Trump's policies of denial, deflect, and re-open throughout that whole time.

Scientists are telling Americans that denial of the crisis, has lead to thousands more deaths. Results of half the counties in Kansas enforcing mask by-laws, and half the counties with no mask requirements, showed that counties with mask by-laws shut the virus down.

And still you come here and spout the Republican bullshit which has sickened millions and killed tens of thousands, like it's working.

Bull shit, you made that up and you're completely wrong.

People die, they don't remove them from the voter registration rolls, they mail them a ballot. Anyone who gets that ballot can fill it out and mail it in. The person they voted for won't object. Can you think of why they won't object? LOL?

You don't understand that? How stupid are you?
Again. Your imagination. You have no idea at all of the accuracy of voter rolls or how they're managed. Ballots would go to all registered voters. That includes Republicans, dope. Any "fraud" would be just as easy for them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back