Magical times where Pro-Life and Anti-abortion efforts intersect

SCOTUS is not empowered to create a right to kill or remove a right to live.

Would you prefer more unborn children die AND the virus spreads even more?
SCOTUS is empowered to interpret if a law is Constitutional. I don't believe a fertilized egg is a 'child'. If you don't want the virus to spread you should talk to the Wisconsin GOP and Supreme Court.

DNA says you're wrong. Don't you tards claim to be the party of science?
I have DNA in every cell of my body. Why is one strand of DNA any different from any other?

I think you and I have been around this merry-go-round of 'human' vs 'person' so I see no reason to buy another ticket on that ride.

You seem to feel the answer is simple, I don't agree. If I take one of my cells out of my body and put it into a petri dish and keep it alive is that cell now a human being? If I introduce chemicals that cause that cell to begin dividing, are those cells now a human being? If I transplant those cells into a woman's uterus, is that now a human being? If those cells develop and the woman gives birth to a fully functioning 'baby' is that now a human being? I believe all these steps are possible and have been done for cloned animals.
The simplest reply is that a skin cell from your arm is a part of a human, not the entire human at an early stage. A fertilized egg needs only time, nourishment and a healthy environment to become a 75 year old senior citizen.

That said, there is a rational argument for the right to kill fertilized human eggs.

There is no rational argument for killing 9th month unborn babies for convinience.

SCOTUS is not empowered to create a right to kill or remove a right to live.

Would you prefer more unborn children die AND the virus spreads even more?
SCOTUS is empowered to interpret if a law is Constitutional. I don't believe a fertilized egg is a 'child'. If you don't want the virus to spread you should talk to the Wisconsin GOP and Supreme Court.

DNA says you're wrong. Don't you tards claim to be the party of science?
I have DNA in every cell of my body. Why is one strand of DNA any different from any other?

Your DNA is what proves you to be human, dingus. When you check the DNA of a fetus, it doesn't come back as eggplant. It reads as human - just like YOU.

Your DNA is what proves you to be human, dingus. When you check the DNA of a fetus, it doesn't come back as eggplant. It reads as human - just like YOU.
Since the DNA of every single cell in my body proves I'm human, I can't kill any of those cells? Even the cancerous ones?

You said there may be rational arguments for the right to kill fertilized human eggs. So aren't we just trying to draw an arbitrary line between when abortion is OK and and when it is not? How do you feel about the morning after pill?

Since the DNA of every single cell in my body proves I'm human, I can't kill any of those cells? Even the cancerous ones?

Stop being an asshat, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

The DNA of a fetus proves it to be human being. By terminating that fetus, you are terminating a human life. Period.

The DNA of a fetus proves it to be human being. By terminating that fetus, you are terminating a human life. Period.
You're inferring that there is something mystical about a fertilized egg, I don't see it. A cell with DNA is a cell with DNA. A human is something more than a molecule, a molecule we share with almost every plant and animal on the planet. A human being is more than a molecule or even a fetus that is just about the same as every other mammal. Until it isn't, until it has a functioning brain the like of which not found in any other animal it is only a potential human being. There is a point in the construction of a house that it becomes habitable, but a blueprint (DNA) is not a house you can live in.

You're inferring that there is something mystical about a fertilized egg, I don't see it. A cell with DNA is a cell with DNA. A human is something more than a molecule, a molecule we share with almost every plant and animal on the planet. A human being is more than a molecule or even a fetus that is just about the same as every other mammal. Until it isn't, until it has a functioning brain the like of which not found in any other animal it is only a potential human being. There is a point in the construction of a house that it becomes habitable, but a blueprint (DNA) is not a house you can live in.

What you"see" is irrelevant. Science says it's a human life.

Your shortsighted qualifiers, such as level of brain function, do not hold water in any other applicable scenario. IE - if you walk into a special needs facility and kill a mentally handicapped patient, even an extreme case that is completely incapable of any basic function, you will be charged with murder. Only on the altar of "women's rights" do we conveniently ignore these precedents.

You said there may be rational arguments for the right to kill fertilized human eggs. So aren't we just trying to draw an arbitrary line between when abortion is OK and and when it is not? How do you feel about the morning after pill?
Cancer and skin cells are not an entire human. Newborn children are smaller than adults, but no less human.

The rational arguments are legal, not moral.

Born humans are legally considered alive only if they have brain activity. The argument to extend that criteria to unborn humans is at least rational.

Your shortsighted qualifiers, such as level of brain function, do not hold water in any other applicable scenario. IE - if you walk into a special needs facility and kill a mentally handicapped patient, even an extreme case that is completely incapable of any basic function, you will be charged with murder. Only on the altar of "women's rights" do we conveniently ignore these precedents.
There are questions here that science can't answer. When does that human get to drive a car, go to school, vote, etc.?

If a human being has no higher function brain activity and requires a ventilator, and I am that guardian of that human, I can legally choose to stop feeding that human or remove the ventilator. Perfectly legal. Only on the altar of "pro-life" do we conveniently ignore these precedents.

Ummm..."Pro-Life" and "Anti-abortion" are the same thing.
Close. But not the same. Terri Schiavo ring a bell?

Its true that the pro-abortion crowd also wanted Terri to be killed, but there is a distinction.
"Pro-life" has always meant anti-abortion. If someone says they are "pro-life", you know it means they are against abortion.

This is one of them!

Texas Allowed to Halt Abortions to Conserve Masks, Gloves

(Bloomberg) -- Texas struck a blow against abortion rights when a federal appeals court ruled the state can ban most procedures as long as the governor’s emergency health decree to save medical supplies for fighting the pandemic is in effect.

A three-judge panel in New Orleans said in a 2-1 ruling Tuesday that some women’s constitutional right to abortion can be temporarily set aside during a national health emergency.

Baby Steps!

Well, abortion clinics across US and Europe are closing due to the corona virus, and medics have been asked to deal with REAL emergencies. Prioritizing COVID-19 patients shows that abortion isn't healthcare, because pregnancy isn't an illness.

It takes pandemic to make society realize what is essential healthcare and what is not.

There are questions here that science can't answer. When does that human get to drive a car, go to school, vote, etc.?

If a human being has no higher function brain activity and requires a ventilator, and I am that guardian of that human, I can legally choose to stop feeding that human or remove the ventilator. Perfectly legal. Only on the altar of "pro-life" do we conveniently ignore these precedents.

Wrong.

In your scenario you can only terminate based upon sound medical reasoning that said person will not recover. This is not remotely the same as snuffing out a life before it has a chance to prove itself. Drop the false equivalencies and try again.

Its true that the pro-abortion crowd also wanted Terri to be killed, but there is a distinction.
"Pro-life" has always meant anti-abortion. If someone says they are "pro-life", you know it means they are against abortion.

Agreed 100 %. Pro life folks are never pro life. Otherwise they would support universal Healthcare and free college.They are anti abortion and women's rights.

Agreed 100 %. Pro life folks are never pro life. Otherwise they would support universal Healthcare and free. They are anti abortion and women's rights.

"Otherwise they would support universal Healthcare and free."

You don't have the right to someone else's labor, dingus.

Agreed 100 %. Pro life folks are never pro life. Otherwise they would support universal Healthcare and free. They are anti abortion and women's rights.

And you don't have a right to tell me what to do with my body. But here we are.

You can't claim to be pro life, but support laws that insure every baby born has a decent life.

And you don't have a right to tell me what to do with my body. But here we are.

You can't claim to be pro life, but support laws that insure every baby born has a decent life.

It is not the governments responsibility to ensure that "every baby has a decent life". That is YOUR responsibility as a parent. Grow the fuck up.

And your bodily autonomy argument is a failed argument. Government has always regulated your body. Want proof? Go try and sell a kidney. Come back and let us know how that works out for you.

snuffing out a life before it has a chance to prove itself
Prove itself what? Alive? I think you look at the potential of that fertilized egg, not what it actually is. If you held one in your hand you would not be able to distinguish a human egg from a mouse egg. In fact it would have to develop for quite awhile before you could tell without decoding its DNA.

Agreed 100 %. Pro life folks are never pro life. Otherwise they would support universal Healthcare and free college.They are anti abortion and women's rights.

LOL

Wait, you're serious?

LOOOOOOLLL

Forum List

Back