Anyone else post this Covid-19 projection link?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I just found it after looking for projections in Missouri. The original article I read with this link embedded had the projected deaths at 1200...The new projection is down to 352 deaths with the peak on April 17th.

Just search for your state by name.

I checked Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska...none of them look terrible.

New York...I'm sorry for your losses...but I believe your sacrifices have saved many others across the country.

I didn't specifically start a thread about it, but I did use that in another thread yesterdays.

That's a good projection tool. Thank you for posting that.

I just found it after looking for projections in Missouri. The original article I read with this link embedded had the projected deaths at 1200...The new projection is down to 352 deaths with the peak on April 17th.

I checked Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska...none of them look terrible.

New York...I'm sorry for your losses...but I believe your sacrifices have saved many others across the country.

It's difficult to say as we do not know how many people have it in the states you mentioned due to lack of testing. We can see that some states do not have shelter in place due to low numbers. What you can do is take the number of deaths and mutliply it by 100. That will give you the number who have it in your state. It doesn't matter what the confirmed number is since that number is skewed. That should be the number in your state, city, or local area that you want a breakout for.

It's difficult to say as we do not know how many people have it in the states you mentioned due to lack of testing. We can see that some states do not have shelter in place due to low numbers. What you can do is take the number of deaths and mutliply it by 100. That will give you the number who have it in your state. It doesn't matter what the confirmed number is since that number is skewed. That should be the number in your state, city, or local area that you want a breakout for.

Multiply that by 100 and you get 6500 people in your state has it. Out of those 1% will die from it so you should get around 650 deaths by May 2020 from your link in the OP. That 1% figure seems to vary depending on your location, but probably is suitable for the low numbers you have.

Forum List

Back