Maga candidate wins mayors race in heavily dem McAllen

One facet of their identity politics that Democrats thought they had wrapped up, was the Hispanic vote. Looks like Joe Biden might have miscalculated. The chaos he has created at the Mexican border is taking its toll, and Hispanics living there are not liking it. In McAllen, Texas—a border town that went for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump by 40 points in 2016—just elected a Republican mayor. McAllen is 85% Hispanic.

The times they are a'changin.

With the major influx of migrants, could be the Hispanic Americans in McAllen have gotten a view of what Trump said about illegal immigration, back in 2016. "They're bringing crime. They're bringing drugs. They're rapists."

Republican wins mayoral race in 85% Latino Texas town where Hillary Clinton won by 40 points

Javier Villalobos defeated Democrat Veronica Vela Whitacre by 206 votes in a runoff election over the weekend, according to unofficial election results reported by KRGV.

Wow. Let's get real here. This was a town of 139,000 where only 9000 people voted in this race.

Where a Republican squeaked by because no one was paying a lot of attention.

This is the problem with local races. They don't get a lot of attention.
Starr County? 64% for Trump?

I think this is another indication decent hispanics(non-fascists) despise the bigoted democrats

No I think this is a real example of voter suppression.

McAllen has a population of 143,000 people, of which 9,282 people voted???? That's less than 6.5% of the population of the city, and since the voters were pretty evenly split between the two candidates, with the Republican winning by 200 votes, the Republican won with less than 4% of the population voting for him.

If less than 7% of the people are deciding who runs the city, that's not democracy, or anything close to it. This indicates that efforts in Texas to suppress non-white votes is working. 143,000 people, 85% of them Hispanic - that's 121,550 people. But the election was decided by a mere 9,282 votes.

That's probably the number of WHITE voters in McAllen. Voter suppression will keep Republicans in power FOREVER!!!

You mean ILLEGAL voter suppression.

Still no explanation for Starr County.

anyone else.

3.3% of the population. (6.5% of the town actually bothered to vote at all, which tells me that no one really cared about this race that much).

My suburb had an election this year. Even though it was barely a contest, the incumbent mayor got 9% of the population to vote for him. (Out of 12% of the population that voted.
That is quite disappointing. Why so few people are interested in their local matters? I thought that the Americans are much more politically 'aware'.

You wish.
First, your "sources?"
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

And second,
AS Ga demonstrated in 2017, winning a single race is not a determinant of the electoral direction and
The numbers you're trying to crow about are miniscule.
They are not miniscule. Good post LA RAM FAN.
Oh yes they are!!!!!

McAllen's population is 141k
total turnout was less than 10k out of a potential 60k voters.
That's less than 20%
and
"Villalobos won the election with 4,744 votes to Whitacre’s 4,538 votes. Villalobos won with 51.11 percent of the election total."

I know when you're desperate and are on the path to losing everything that even tiny victories can seem lifting but, I mean, C'MON MAN
Bragging about a 2% win?
That's a victory so small that it makes Trump's hand bragging almost seem cute.

Last edited:
Then, explain Starr county going to Trump by 64%.

You mean a county with a whole whopping 60K people in it?

150,000. A lot more than most polls that Democrats think so highly of.
So is 9,000, not that I have any confidence that you got that number right either.

Yeah, let's get real.

Do you struggle with math, Corky? only 9000 people voted out of 139,000 who live in the city. Probably because most of them didn't even know there was a race going on. Of that, the Republican got a little over half.

And I'm not even sure that it was a partisan race, because it was described as a runoff. Which means if it's like my town, the candidates don't identify with the national parties.

That is about the stupidist thing I've seen all this year.

Did the girl you were stalking dump you for a Mexican?

That is quite disappointing. Why so few people are interested in their local matters? I thought that the Americans are much more politically 'aware'.

THey really aren't.

I live in a fairly affluent Suburb of Chicago. We are in a bit of a political controversy because the County is trying to open a drug rehab center here against the wishes of most of the population. Despite all of that, only about 12% of the population voted in the Mayoral Race and all the City Council seats were unopposed.

Many Hispanics cone het fleeing communism. They will surely not vote for it.

Of course they wouldn't vote for a communist. That's why they are attracted to him.
Where as trump attempts to put up a wall as an effort promote peace. Little wonder they threw th e idiot out.
What are you talking about.....his effort to put up a wall was not to promote peace dumbass....it was to prevent the invasion of uncontrolled and catastrophic population shift which is absolutely no way to promote peace. Those being kept out are not going to feel peaceful....neither is a bank robber who gets caught in the commission of his crime...he is also not going to feel peaceful...you just interrupted his robbery so he's going to be pissed at you not peaceful.

I'm so grateful for you tertiary education and allowing us access to your vast storage of knowledge. We would never have known that Other wise.

It still is the xenophobic republicans who hate some one escaping to get a better life.
The subject I some of obviously was of greater depth than anything you could comprehend you dumb prick.
The only hatred here is your hatred of reality. This is easily proven simply by pointing out the fact that even though I don't know you I know you have no illegal aliens living on your house. Why do I know this? I know this because your approach is purely partisan and based completely On emotion and politics and has absolutely nothing to do with real-world cost, expense and effort.

As an extreme far leftist (left of Marx), I hate the Democrats. I hope the the Republicans beat their azzes in the 2022 midterms and also in 2024. I'd like the see the Dem party destroyed and replaced with a left of Marx party.
So if you could not vote for a card-carrying Marxist, you'd settle for a Republican?
That applies to ALL Democrats.

As an extreme far leftist (left of Marx), I hate the Democrats. I hope the the Republicans beat their azzes in the 2022 midterms and also in 2024. I'd like the see the Dem party destroyed and replaced with a left of Marx party.
So if you could not vote for a card-carrying Marxist, you'd settle for a Republican?

Definitely no hatred there. Such merciful Christian people. If the country was founded on christian beliefs, that's not the sort they envisaged.

Definitely no hatred there. Such merciful Christian people. If the country was founded on christian beliefs, that's not the sort they envisaged.
Oh sure. and communism was so wonderful that millions died at the hands of Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Brezhnev, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Fidel Castro, and other far Left Communist heroes of yours.

Oh sure. and communism was so wonderful that millions died at the hands of Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Brezhnev, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Fidel Castro, and other far Left Communist heroes of yours.

I Don't care what they did. I'm concerned about you hypocrites.
Don't tell me you aren't racist and full of hate. One ratbag the other day suggested all democrats and blacks should be eliminated. 150 plus million!!!!
There's plenty of you hate filled Republicans think that yet you name other who have done so it but blame ee democrats. Fuck off. Youre brain dead.

Forum List

Back