Lunar New Deal: GOP Rep. Gohmert suggests altering moon's orbit to combat climate change

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Now this..this is true comedy gold! Let it be said that he was attempting sarcasm---but it turned into a cringe-worthy epic failure

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, suggested at a Congressional hearing that climate change could be combatted by altering the orbit of the moon, and asked an official from the U.S. Forest Service if there was anything her agency could do to do so.
Gohmert made the comments on Tuesday during a House Natural Resources Committee hearing on four pending bills, while he was questioning Jennifer Eberlien of the Dept. of Agriculture's Forest Service.
"I understand, from what’s been testified to the Forest Service and the B.L.M. [Bureau of Land Management], you want very much to work on the issue of climate change," Gohmert said.
"I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they've found that the moon’s orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth’s orbit around the sun. We know there’s been significant solar flare activity. And so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or B.L.M. can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit or the Earth’s orbit around the sun? Obviously that would have profound effects on our climate."
"I would have to follow up with on you on that one, Mr. Gohmert," Eberlien responded, smiling.
"If you figure out there's a way in the forest service you could make that change, I'd like to know," Gohmert said.

Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., offered his own solution to Gohmert on Twitter Wednesday, suggesting that Marvel Comics' character Captain Marvel could handle the job.

Now this..this is true comedy gold! Let it be said that he was attempting sarcasm---but it turned into a cringe-worthy epic failure

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, suggested at a Congressional hearing that climate change could be combatted by altering the orbit of the moon, and asked an official from the U.S. Forest Service if there was anything her agency could do to do so.
Gohmert made the comments on Tuesday during a House Natural Resources Committee hearing on four pending bills, while he was questioning Jennifer Eberlien of the Dept. of Agriculture's Forest Service.
"I understand, from what’s been testified to the Forest Service and the B.L.M. [Bureau of Land Management], you want very much to work on the issue of climate change," Gohmert said.
"I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they've found that the moon’s orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth’s orbit around the sun. We know there’s been significant solar flare activity. And so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or B.L.M. can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit or the Earth’s orbit around the sun? Obviously that would have profound effects on our climate."
"I would have to follow up with on you on that one, Mr. Gohmert," Eberlien responded, smiling.
"If you figure out there's a way in the forest service you could make that change, I'd like to know," Gohmert said.

Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., offered his own solution to Gohmert on Twitter Wednesday, suggesting that Marvel Comics' character Captain Marvel could handle the job.

This isn't humor is it?
He does understand that by changing the orbit of the moon that it could...well...what's the word?...WIPE us out!! LOL.
Ok, I don't care if the fat bastard was joking or not. He's officially got the "Dumbest Member of Congress" award
back from MTG. :auiqs.jpg:

This isn't humor is it?
He does understand that by changing the orbit of the moon that it could...well...what's the word?...WIPE us out!! LOL.
Ok, I don't care if the fat bastard was joking or not. He's officially got the "Dumbest Member of Congress" award
You have to follow Louie's career to know for sure he thought it was a serious question. Yes, he IS that dumb.

sounds like he’s asking a question based on what NASA scientist have reported
It figures you would be STUPID enough to take Screwy Louie seriously! :cuckoo:
Ah...gaslighting, eh?

and

Ah...gaslighting, eh?

nASA said this was happening...are they crazy?

You saw there was a thread on it, realized you had nothing to add, so you posted it anyway

Good job!

Ah...gaslighting, eh?

NASA said it was happening...not that we should move the moon to cure it~
Gohmert was being sarcastic to the nominee who said he was concerned about climate change. Gohmert hates the issue...and so he thought he would be 'clever'---fail/

Ah...gaslighting, eh?

Gohmert was being sarcastic to the nominee who said he was concerned about climate change. Gohmert hates the issue...and so he thought he would be 'clever'---fail/
isn’t that the logical question to find a solution?

You saw there was a thread on it, realized you had nothing to add, so you posted it anyway

Good job!
searched gohmert moon nasa and climate change---nothing...other thread is newer than mine

So..GFY troll.

Wow, you morons can’t spot a joke, can you?

Ah...gaslighting, eh?

isn’t that the logical question to find a solution?
To ask of the Forest Service appointee?
I can only conclude you're fucking with me~

Wow, you morons can’t spot a joke, can you?
A very poor one..as i said.

Ah...gaslighting, eh?

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: NASA says they're moving the moon?

Ted Lieu should talk to Hank Johnson, democrat rep from Georgia, who said that Guam may tip over if we send more Marines to the island.

Ah...gaslighting, eh?

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: NASA says they're moving the moon?
No they said the Moon’s orbit is shifting slightly, and that solar flares cause more impact on “climate change” than any other factor.

This isn't humor is it?

Jokes on you, Jack. Yes it was a sarcasm, and it was aimed straight at the idiocy of BLM and the Left, people you call friends!

Forum List

Back