Bombshell study concludes there is no evidence for anthropogenic climate change...

I agree. Let us know what they say.
The claim that temperatures have never risen faster is a ridiculous claim for a number of reasons. The most obvious being D-O events.

"Climate records for the last ice age (which ended 11,500 years ago) show enormous climate fluctuations in the North Atlantic region - the so-called Dansgaard/Oeschger events. During these events air temperatures in Greenland changed on the order of 10 degrees Celsius within a few decades." Solar Forced Dansgaard/Oeschger Events? - NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS)

The claim that temperatures have never risen faster is a ridiculous claim for a number of reasons. The most obvious being D-O events.

"Climate records for the last ice age (which ended 11,500 years ago) show enormous climate fluctuations in the North Atlantic region - the so-called Dansgaard/Oeschger events. During these events air temperatures in Greenland changed on the order of 10 degrees Celsius within a few decades." Solar Forced Dansgaard/Oeschger Events? - NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS)
Was that a local or a global event?

The polar regions - especially the northern pole - are bellwethers of the planet's climate.
Where do you get that idea?

aaw9883-f1.jpeg

That doesn't look like a bellwether to me

Where do you get that idea?

aaw9883-f1.jpeg

That doesn't look like a bellwether to me
I get that idea from the fact the polar regions - especially the northern pole - are the most affected regions by climate changes. It's not a controversial belief.

I get that idea from the fact the polar regions - especially the northern pole - are the most affected regions by climate changes. It's not a controversial belief.
Do you know what the word bellwether means? Those temperature curves do not show either pole being a bellwether for the rest of the planet.

Do you know what the word bellwether means? Those temperature curves do not show either pole being a bellwether for the rest of the planet.
Yes. I do. The northern hemisphere is the bellwether of the earth's bipolar glaciated world because more than any other region the northern hemisphere polar region is most affected by climate changes. And it is so for logical reasons; lower temperature threshold for extensive continental glaciation than the southern pole and more geographic area for glaciation than the southern pole.

Therefore, if ice core data from the northern hemisphere shows that the polar region was warmer than the present the global temperature reconstructions should too. And if they don't, the error is in the global reconstructions.

Forum List

Back