Love and expectations

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Honey, lower your expectations. I'm just a man, and a man can only do so much. For some, faithful love would be enough, while you expect the fairy tale.

I'd like to give you the fairy tale but I'm just a man. I can't buy you houses, cars & diamonds but I can give you things that no money can buy. I'll never be a doctor, lawyer or astronaut but I can help heal your wounds, defend you and take you places only I can.

Is love not enough anymore? Or is it that I'm the only one in love?

Love, the one and only thing that can never be logically explained to me. So many ways to solve lifes problems when confronted with them, yet no one can escape the great and not so great feelings that love can bring. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, no patterns or explanations for why people fall in and out of love.

So it can be both good and bad. That sounds like a 50-50 shot to me. Why do we take a gamble on getting hurt? It's like going to AC and dropping your life savings on red or black in roulette. Why do fools...

Love sucks. Love bites. Yet it's the one constant that prevails throughout all of society.

Maybe I'll sell my heart on Ebay. Do I hear any bidders?

* Winning bidder doesn't get my love, just my heart ripped out of my chest and delivered. The first part has been completed and now it's just waiting to be sold. :(

Jim, love can be very painful, because it hits us at our weakest, most vulnerable parts. It requires unselfishness, gratitude, and sensitivity to keep it going.

I'm sorry if you're hurting Jim.

All these Marie Claire, and Glamour give ladies big ideas. How you gonna keep em down on the farm?

jimnyc said:
Honey, lower your expectations. I'm just a man, and a man can only do so much. For some, faithful love would be enough, while you expect the fairy tale.

I'd like to give you the fairy tale but I'm just a man. I can't buy you houses, cars & diamonds but I can give you things that no money can buy. I'll never be a doctor, lawyer or astronaut but I can help heal your wounds, defend you and take you places only I can.

Is love not enough anymore? Or is it that I'm the only one in love?

Love, the one and only thing that can never be logically explained to me. So many ways to solve lifes problems when confronted with them, yet no one can escape the great and not so great feelings that love can bring. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, no patterns or explanations for why people fall in and out of love.

So it can be both good and bad. That sounds like a 50-50 shot to me. Why do we take a gamble on getting hurt? It's like going to AC and dropping your life savings on red or black in roulette. Why do fools...

Love sucks. Love bites. Yet it's the one constant that prevails throughout all of society.

Maybe I'll sell my heart on Ebay. Do I hear any bidders?

* Winning bidder doesn't get my love, just my heart ripped out of my chest and delivered. The first part has been completed and now it's just waiting to be sold. :(

Stay away from those "high maintance" girls and start going for the ones who like to stay home on the weekends.

Love does hurt sometimes, but when you find the person who's right for you it makes all of it worth while.

I think love can be painful and is such a mystery because it is completely unkown to us as to what causes it and why. Like you said, everything else can be logically explained, but not this. Maybe that's what love is, and where the emotions come from, the experience of the unkown. Who am I to talk about this...the only thing I really love is cheeseburgers. And steak.

Forum List

Back