Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms

I am freedom person in general, My issue is schools taking a position against many parents who are religious and see homosexuality as sinful.
That would be because said parents are openly hostile to the idea of their children possibly being in the same school as or interacting with said students who might have a different sexual persuasion than their children (who likely more tolerant than their parents are). You are within your right to see homosexuality as a sin if you are bent in that religious direction. But you aren't within your right to bully, harass or threaten those students, the educators who teach them, or the school board members who have to deal with the thankless job of putting up with the temperaments of a bunch of religious zealots. If you are against homosexuality, pull your child out of public school and send them to a private/religious school. Either way, I don't want to hear about it. Deal with it.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
I think the question is... Has every US Citizen done that....

Not even the Founding Fathers did that... A fair few believed in Deism...

Many of the founding fathers—Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Monroe—practiced a faith called Deism.

Founders who fall into the category of Christian Deists include Washington (whose dedication to Christianity was clear in his own mind), John Adams, and, with some qualifications, Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson was more influenced by the reason-centred Enlightenment than either Adams or Washington. Orthodox Christians among the Founders include the staunchly Calvinistic Samuel Adams. John Jay (who served as president of the American Bible Society), Elias Boudinot (who wrote a book on the imminent Second Coming of Jesus), and Patrick Henry (who distributed religious tracts while riding circuit as a lawyer)

So where are you now...

The 4th Commandment is "Remember the Sabbath".

OK i was off by one. So instead of not including the first 3, it's the first 4.

The remaining 6 have nothing to do with worship, and everything to do with not being an asshole.

OK i was off by one. So instead of not including the first 3, it's the first 4.

The remaining 6 have nothing to do with worship, and everything to do with not being an asshole.

So why not find another way to inform students that not being an asshole is good?

That would be because said parents are openly hostile to the idea of their children possibly being in the same school as or interacting with said students who might have a different sexual persuasion than their children (who likely more tolerant than their parents are). You are within your right to see homosexuality as a sin if you are bent in that religious direction. But you aren't within your right to bully, harass or threaten those students, the educators who teach them, or the school board members who have to deal with the thankless job of putting up with the temperaments of a bunch of religious zealots. If you are against homosexuality, pull your child out of public school and send them to a private/religious school. Either way, I don't want to hear about it. Deal with it.

Yet the schools can denigrate the religious positions of the parents and their kids with abandon, right?

If the parents are forced to pull their kids out, the government should have to give them vouchers for their schooling elsewhere.

How about public schools stick to basic education and lay off the social indoctrination?

Yet the schools can denigrate the religious positions of the parents and their kids with abandon, right?

If the parents are forced to pull their kids out, the government should have to give them vouchers for their schooling elsewhere.

How about public schools stick to basic education and lay off the social indoctrination?
Except I don't hear anyone in the schools doing so. They are supposed to be keeping church and state separated...which is what the founding fathers intended. They are trying to make an educational environment while trying to cater to the needs of all students...which is their job. Unfortunately, it seems to be the religious zealots doing the most complaining. Because as we know, God hates fags and trans people.

How about religious parents keep their religious beliefs at home. If they run contrary to what they believe is taught in public schools, take the kids out and send them to private schools.
But no vouchers. Man, I am sick to death of hearing those words...vouchers...don't...work. And all they do in the end in undermine public education funding.

Except I don't hear anyone in the schools doing so. They are supposed to be keeping church and state separated...which is what the founding fathers intended. They are trying to make an educational environment while trying to cater to the needs of all students...which is their job. Unfortunately, it seems to be the religious zealots doing the most complaining. Because as we know, God hates fags and trans people.

How about religious parents keep their religious beliefs at home. If they run contrary to what they believe is taught in public schools, take the kids out and send them to private schools.
But no vouchers. Man, I am sick to death of hearing those words...vouchers...don't...work. And all they do in the end in undermine public education funding.
All students except religious ones.

How about schools avoid issues like this and teach the basics?

Please tell us what social indoctrination schools do....

No something one teacher says off syllabus.

I will point out this thread is about bring the Ten Commandments into the syllabus... Would that not be indoctrination?

There is civics and history which are taught and I know some people telling children the actual truth about the past makes them feel sad.

Civics definitely implies that we are all equal, some sees that as Communism.

Please tell us what social indoctrination schools do....

No something one teacher says off syllabus.

I will point out this thread is about bring the Ten Commandments into the syllabus... Would that not be indoctrination?

There is civics and history which are taught and I know some people telling children the actual truth about the past makes them feel sad.

Civics definitely implies that we are all equal, some sees that as Communism.

Pride events are social indoctrination.

Pride events are social indoctrination.
The so are everything from 4th of July to the Superbowl...

Actually swearing allegiance is very much Social Indoctrination ...

Any form of Christianity is very much Social Indoctrination ...

Saying that, I think there is a certain amount of merit to taking everything out except the basics..

But History is taught to be factual... Black people were slaves and where beaten and raped by their white masters...

Biology teaches evolution and none of the BS Inteligent Design crap..

Last edited:
The so are everything from 4th of July to the Superbowl...

Actually swearing allegiance is very much Social Indoctrination ...

Any form of Christianity is very much Social Indoctrination ...

Not the same thing, and you know it.

Religion isn't allowed in the schools, yet Pride is. Not just tolerance, Pride.

Not the same thing, and you know it.
Sorry it is....

Can't say I like it so it is in and what don't like is out...

Religion isn't allowed in the schools, yet Pride is. Not just tolerance, Pride.
So book banning would stop...

Bible has far worse references to sex and violence than the books being banned.

Pride is just about respecting people for who they are... I know that is against some people's religion (even though it is against the Bible and Jesus's teachings).

Sorry it is....

Can't say I like it so it is in and what don't like is out...

So book banning would stop...

Bible has far worse references to sex and violence than the books being banned.

Pride is just about respecting people for who they are... I know that is against some people's religion (even though it is against the Bible and Jesus's teachings).

Try getting a book that doubts the transgender ideology into a library, or even a local bookstore and you will see what banning is about.

References, the books today have pictures of it.

Pride is pride, and one of the 7 deadly sins. It is forced acceptance and even celebration when you have these events in schools.

Try getting a book that doubts the transgender ideology into a library, or even a local bookstore and you will see what banning is about.
Tell us about the book and who banned from there school?
References, the books today have pictures of it.
One of the most banned book in schools in America is

Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag​

Could you show us the explicit material
Here one page
1712586857364.png

Pride is pride, and one of the 7 deadly sins. It is forced acceptance and even celebration when you have these events in schools.
Seriously, you still back to pushing your religion through state education...

As for Pride the word... has multiple meanings...
1712587001348.png

So you want stuff banned because they sound the same as a word you take offence too..

BTW, we can't teach about Thanksgiving now too because of you and the sin of Gluttony...

Forum List

Back