Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms

The 10 Commandments are not universal. They come from the Old Testament. That is Judeo-Christian faiths.

We discussed this already, most of Islam is also based on the old testament. And other faiths have similar tenants to our commandments. What I find funny is you folks think it's a bad thing to teach kids faith and values. The lack of both are part of what's killing this country.

This is great news. I think it should be mandatory for all states to have the Ten Commandments in the classrooms, and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.

Whose 10 Commandments do you want posted?

I wasn't aware all religions agreed!

I didn't know that. What did they replace it with?

Two “thou shall not covets”

1. I am the Lord your God: you shall not have strange gods before me.

2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.

4. Honor your father and your mother.

5. You shall not kill.

6. You shall not commit adultery.

7. You shall not steal.

8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.

I'm curious why there is such a push for this.

The Supreme Court has been very clear that you can’t post the Ten Commandments in public buildings

But this 6-3 Conservative court has been reversing many previous decisions Conservatives don’t like. Maybe they think it is worth a try

This is great news. I think it should be mandatory for all states to have the Ten Commandments in the classrooms, and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.

So fuck the Constitution then...

In your case they probably should be teaching you the Constitution instead

Two “thou shall not covets”

1. I am the Lord your God: you shall not have strange gods before me.
1712490006302.png

2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
1712490136618.png

3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
Trump doesn't attend church on Sunday (Biden does...), he plays golf on Sunday generally.
4. Honor your father and your mother.

That's when Trump sought to change his father's will. Trump arranged for a lawyer to write an amendment called a codicil giving him control over the estate and to protect his inheritance from creditors. He then had two of his father's most trusted associates deliver it to Fred Trump Sr. as if it were a formality.
5. You shall not kill.
He only suggested it..
6. You shall not commit adultery.
Cheated on all of his 3 Wives...

7. You shall not steal.

8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Seriously,
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
Wasn't for a lack of trying...
Trump was too scared to have a go on a guys wife
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.

The Supreme Court has been very clear that you can’t post the Ten Commandments in public buildings

But this 6-3 Conservative court has been reversing many previous decisions Conservatives don’t like. Maybe they think it is worth a try
I say it could loose...

While the Christians think they got a religious court and in Barret the might have, but this court is more pro corporation than Christianity.

Look at the power Corporations have got from the Supreme court over the last few decades...

Compare this to EU... In EU the Corporations are there to serve the people, in US they given a bunch of special powers...

I say it could loose...

While the Christians think they got a religious court and in Barret the might have, but this court is more pro corporation than Christianity.

Look at the power Corporations have got from the Supreme court over the last few decades...

Compare this to EU... In EU the Corporations are there to serve the people, in US they given a bunch of special powers...
This court serves Conservatives and has reversed previously untouchable constitutional issues

Roe v Wade, affirmative action, environmental protection, worker rights

What do Cons have to lose by bringing up school prayer?

I'm good with that.

You don't have to push kids to be christians, that's the job of parents to guide their kids towards Christianity.

But we should absolutely be putting concepts of it in front of kids. You don't even have to go to church to be taught stealing, killing, adultery, lying are bad things. Christianity has a ton of good morals, values and standards kids should learn lessons from, even if they don't go to church they should still be taught lessons on how to be a good person.

Granted just because you're a Christian doesn't mean you're a good. But there is a reason why America went from nothing to a major world super power in record time, and it's partially due to we were a Christian based nation. Doesn't mean we all were perfect but it's the basis our nation was founded on.

This court serves Conservatives and has reversed previously untouchable constitutional issues

Roe v Wade, affirmative action, environmental protection, worker rights

What do Cons have to lose by bringing up school prayer?
They are risking a Biden 13 man court...

They push too far the US people will see this court for what it is... Very undemocratic...

I say they should go for it, show us how radical you are...

Do we think Mitch McConnell is that religious? He started a moderate...

Mitch is about power and coprporates

Forum List

Back