Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man
Don't Black people have their own cemeteries? Don't they WANT their own cemeteries? I mean, they want their own everything else, from black TV channels, black programming, black rapper music, black culture, black slang and language, black neighborhoods and churches. Even their own black holidays.

LOOK! They even have their own Month! Just. For. Them.

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man
Don't Black people have their own cemeteries? Don't they WANT their own cemeteries? I mean, they want their own everything else, from black TV channels, black programming, black rapper music, black culture, black slang and language, black neighborhoods and churches. Even their own black holidays.

What's the problem, hell you have the other 11.

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man, citing Jim Crow-era bylaws that permitted such exclusions.

Allen Parish Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Semien, 55, died this week after a brief battle with bladder cancer, and he had hoped to be buried close to his home in Oberlin, about halfway between New Orleans and Houston.

When loved ones of Semien, who was Black, approached Oaklin Springs Baptist Cemetery, they were rebuffed by a representative who said the graveyard was for whites only.

"I just kind of looked at her and she said, 'There's no coloreds allowed,' " widow Karla Semien told KPLC, an NBC affiliate based in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black (msn.com)

There isn't any segregation in this country, is there.

Even though I find what they did offensive and wrong the reality is she or the land owner has the right to deny the burial of the person as long as it is private and not owned by the city, county or state.

Unfortunately we still have bigots in this country and world and that will never change but I am willing to bet the owner of the land will be brought to court but if the family does win I hope they do not put the man there at that cemetery seeing the assholes that own the land will do all they can do to ruin his site...

What's the problem, hell you have the other 11.

Do I? I didn't know I even had a day. That right there your thinking that way is a great example of how racially programmed you are.

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man, citing Jim Crow-era bylaws that permitted such exclusions.

Allen Parish Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Semien, 55, died this week after a brief battle with bladder cancer, and he had hoped to be buried close to his home in Oberlin, about halfway between New Orleans and Houston.

When loved ones of Semien, who was Black, approached Oaklin Springs Baptist Cemetery, they were rebuffed by a representative who said the graveyard was for whites only.

"I just kind of looked at her and she said, 'There's no coloreds allowed,' " widow Karla Semien told KPLC, an NBC affiliate based in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black (msn.com)

Segregation exists among black people also

For example the government funded segregated black-only Congressional Black Caucus

As cemeteries go, it's not that old either. Looks like the first burials were in the 1950's.

Apparently you didn't read the fucking article you ASSHOLE!
And you wonder why some people have certain opinions about other people!

"Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Vizena insisted he never knew this prohibition, put in place in the 1950s, even existed.

"It never came up," he said. "I take full responsibility of that. I've been the president for several years. I take full responsibility for not reading the bylaws."

The cemetery's board has since changed its bylaws, according to KPLC.

Vizena said he's horrified and wants to give Semien's family a plot for no charge."

Apparently you didn't read the fucking article you ASSHOLE!
And you wonder why some people have certain opinions about other people!

"Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Vizena insisted he never knew this prohibition, put in place in the 1950s, even existed.

"It never came up," he said. "I take full responsibility of that. I've been the president for several years. I take full responsibility for not reading the bylaws."

The cemetery's board has since changed its bylaws, according to KPLC.

Vizena said he's horrified and wants to give Semien's family a plot for no charge."
I did read it shithead, why hasn't that been changed cocksucka it's 2021.

Dipshit......this is an old rule...nothing to do with today.........real segregation is being forced on us by the democrat party...again...

Dipshit......this is an old rule...nothing to do with today.........real segregation is being forced on us by the democrat party...again...
So why is it still in place dumbass, obviously it has something to do with today if the cemetery is still segregated. Smfh.

So why is it still in place dumbass, obviously it has something to do with today if the cemetery is still segregated. Smfh.

Moron....there are old homes where the owner has stated in the sale requirements that they not sell to blacks or Jews......they are bound by those requirements because of the law....and some entertainers buying these homes have to buy them through corporations that they create.......

You dumb ass......

There isn't any segregation in this country, is there.When "Black" is uppercased and '"white" isn't, the BS is apparent. MSNBC, right?

Forum List

Back