Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man, citing Jim Crow-era bylaws that permitted such exclusions.

Allen Parish Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Semien, 55, died this week after a brief battle with bladder cancer, and he had hoped to be buried close to his home in Oberlin, about halfway between New Orleans and Houston.

When loved ones of Semien, who was Black, approached Oaklin Springs Baptist Cemetery, they were rebuffed by a representative who said the graveyard was for whites only.

"I just kind of looked at her and she said, 'There's no coloreds allowed,' " widow Karla Semien told KPLC, an NBC affiliate based in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black (msn.com)

There isn't any segregation in this country, is there.
OMG!!! It is a Confederate cemetery dummy.....................Gawd almighty

I thought you racist said there was BLACK Confederates dummy..............Gawd Almighty.
Don't you wish we would have picked our own fucking cotton?

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man, citing Jim Crow-era bylaws that permitted such exclusions.

Allen Parish Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Semien, 55, died this week after a brief battle with bladder cancer, and he had hoped to be buried close to his home in Oberlin, about halfway between New Orleans and Houston.

When loved ones of Semien, who was Black, approached Oaklin Springs Baptist Cemetery, they were rebuffed by a representative who said the graveyard was for whites only.

"I just kind of looked at her and she said, 'There's no coloreds allowed,' " widow Karla Semien told KPLC, an NBC affiliate based in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black (msn.com)

I thought you racist said there was BLACK Confederates dummy..............Gawd Almighty.
Blacks especially wealthy ones in the south could donate to the civil a

Is this your poor attempt to distract from the actual facts.

What actual facts would that be, Turtle Shit?

Tell you what, wish in one and shit in the other one and see which one fills up the fastest.

Don't Black people have their own cemeteries? Don't they WANT their own cemeteries? I mean, they want their own everything else, from black TV channels, black programming, black rapper music, black culture, black slang and language, black neighborhoods and churches. Even their own black holidays.

Really what black TV channels are black? Whites buy the majority of rap music, we have black neighborhoods and churches because we could live in the white neighborhoods and couldn't attend the white churches. How often do you work on the monday that is MLK Day?

Tell you what, wish in one and shit in the other one and see which one fills up the fastest.
Well if we picked our own cotton we would not have to hear you bitching and whining like it is 1965.

Win-Win for both. No slavery and you wouldn't be bitching about your shit life 24/7 here bothering the fuck outta us whiner.

Don't Black people have their own cemeteries? Don't they WANT their own cemeteries? I mean, they want their own everything else, from black TV channels, black programming, black rapper music, black culture, black slang and language, black neighborhoods and churches. Even their own black holidays.

Really what black TV channels are black? Whites buy the majority of rap music, we have black neighborhoods and churches because we could live in the white neighborhoods and couldn't attend the white churches. How often do you work on the monday that is MLK Day?
Part of the indoctrination plan is wearing your pants down to your knees with polk dot underwear.

Well if we picked our own cotton we would not have to hear you bitching and whining like it is 1965.

Win-Win for both. No slavery and you wouldn't be bitching about your shit life 24/7 here bothering the fuck outta us whiner.

Hang on stupid, did you come with that all on your own? You're too stupid to pick your own nose let alone anything else.

Part of the indoctrination plan is wearing your pants down to your knees with polk dot underwear.

I bet you wear yours up around your chest and you probably go Commando because you can't figure out which way to put your briefs on.

Really what black TV channels are black?

because we ~ ~ ~ couldn't attend the white churches.
Odd, I've never seen a single church the had a "Whites Only" sign, but I bet I could find one for Blacks only![/QUOTE]

Odd, I've never seen a single church the had a "Whites Only" sign, but I bet I could find one for Blacks only!
[/QUOTE]

BET is owned by a white corporation genius.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Why do right wingers complain about less fortunate "illegals"?

Odd, I've never seen a single church the had a "Whites Only" sign, but I bet I could find one for Blacks only!

[/QUOTE]

He became the first black billionaire in "racist America"

One has to remember that the reason american institutions are so backward, is because the people that established them were mostly racial terrorists.

One has to remember that the reason american institutions are so backward, is because the people that established them were mostly racial terrorists.
The only terrorists this country has is our Commie Left

All the people that ran those governments that beat peaceful protestors, sicced their police dogs on them, firehosed them, refused to investigate the church-bombings of their terrorist compatriots, etc were 100% terrorists by any reasonable definition.

Anyone who is in denial is only making a fool of themselves. The evidence is indisputable.

1612026786432.png

So what if they are, asshole? You said they didn't even exist. Pretty bad when the Black Man is unfit to even run his own black entertainment channel and has to get the white man to do it to make it profitable. :21:

If they are owned by someone white dick head how can it be a black station, it is just black folks on a white station.

[/QUOTE]

Great that makes up for every other black person who has dealt with racism and discrimination.

So what if they are, asshole? You said they didn't even exist. Pretty bad when the Black Man is unfit to even run his own black entertainment channel and has to get the white man to do it to make it profitable. :21:

If they are owned by someone white dick head how can it be a black station, it is just black folks on a white station.

Idiot. Already shown you it was started by a now rich black dude. Doesn't matter who owns it now, it is still black entertainment all about blacks and for blacks. Does it say White Entertainment TV?

Great that makes up for every other black person who has dealt with racism and discrimination.
[/QUOTE]

If Americas were racist, there would be no rich black people fool. Now get back to picking that cotton.

Forum List

Back