A Sheriff's Deputy Denied Burial At Louisiana Cemetary?? WTF?

"The board of a small Louisiana cemetery that denied burial to a Black sheriff’s deputy held an emergency meeting Thursday and removed a whites-only provision from its sales contracts. The family of Allen Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Darrell Semien, who died Sunday, had been told that he could not be buried at the cemetery near Oberlin because he was African American.

Karla Semien of Oberlin wrote Tuesday on Facebook that a woman at the cemetery had told her that her husband could not be buried there because it was for whites only. I just can’t believe in 2021 in oberlin Louisiana this is happening,” Semien wrote. “To be told this is like we were nothing. He was nothing? He put his life on the line for them,” Semien told KPLC-TV on Wednesday."

Yea, it's hard to believe that this shit is still happening in 2021 -- but fortunately, the president of the funeral home made it right and even offered a free plot to the family to try to make amends....As was said in the article, the "whites only" provision was one of those hold overs from the Jim Crow era...I guess it takes awhile to totally dismantle a system like that; this was just one more brick removed....while some may have wanted to "conserve" that kind of privilege, progressing forward is good...

That's the legacy of the Robert Byrd/Joe Biden wing of the DemoKKKrat party.
The legacy of conservatism you mean.......

Since the main opposition to Civil Rights came from conservatives...

Which is why this story triggered you to blurt out dumb shit

Why do you lie so causally?

The 1964 Civil Rights acts got a much higher voting support by percentage from the Republicans than from the Democrats. Not only that it was Democrats such as Robert Byrd who tried to stop it through Filibustering.
The conservative democrats that lived in the South, the sometimes called Dixiecrats, who fought against civil rights, their descendants still live there in the South, and are now proud Confederate flag bearing conservative Republicans, for the most part.
They know this...they are just gaslighting....

As I have said over and over again....if conservatives couldn't gaslight, they would have no light at all......

You can't both claim you are the champions of civil rights policies in this country while also whining about how you are losing the culture war and other BS when those policies go into effect....
Answer the question you stupid animal; haw many Civil Rights pieces of legislation AND Jim Crow Laws have DemoKKKrats voted against and for!!!!??

Greg
No one is denying most Democrats in the South during that era, fought against civil rights.

I'm just saying those once democrats of yesteryear, are now mostly republicans... and those black Americans of yesteryear, who were Republicans durng that era, are now mostly Democrats.
LIAR!!!!

You "just saying" a lie is still a lie. Damn your lying ass, fool!!!

Greg

"The board of a small Louisiana cemetery that denied burial to a Black sheriff’s deputy held an emergency meeting Thursday and removed a whites-only provision from its sales contracts. The family of Allen Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Darrell Semien, who died Sunday, had been told that he could not be buried at the cemetery near Oberlin because he was African American.

Karla Semien of Oberlin wrote Tuesday on Facebook that a woman at the cemetery had told her that her husband could not be buried there because it was for whites only. I just can’t believe in 2021 in oberlin Louisiana this is happening,” Semien wrote. “To be told this is like we were nothing. He was nothing? He put his life on the line for them,” Semien told KPLC-TV on Wednesday."

Yea, it's hard to believe that this shit is still happening in 2021 -- but fortunately, the president of the funeral home made it right and even offered a free plot to the family to try to make amends....As was said in the article, the "whites only" provision was one of those hold overs from the Jim Crow era...I guess it takes awhile to totally dismantle a system like that; this was just one more brick removed....while some may have wanted to "conserve" that kind of privilege, progressing forward is good...

The 1964 Civil Rights acts got a much higher voting support by percentage from the Republicans than from the Democrats. Not only that it was Democrats such as Robert Byrd who tried to stop it through Filibustering.
The conservative democrats that lived in the South, the sometimes called Dixiecrats, who fought against civil rights, their descendants still live there in the South, and are now proud Confederate flag bearing conservative Republicans, for the most part.

As I have said over and over again....if conservatives couldn't gaslight, they would have no light at all......

You can't both claim you are the champions of civil rights policies in this country while also whining about how you are losing the culture war and other BS when those policies go into effect....
Answer the question you stupid animal; haw many Civil Rights pieces of legislation AND Jim Crow Laws have DemoKKKrats voted against and for!!!!??

Greg
No one is denying most Democrats in the South during that era, fought against civil rights.

I'm just saying those once democrats of yesteryear, are now mostly republicans... and those black Americans of yesteryear, who were Republicans durng that era, are now mostly Democrats.
Filthy disgusting liar!! Go get your Pappy's Hood and wear it like the disgusting vermin you are!! Why would Racists join a party that considers them pigshit?? Didn't happen you drooling fool!!!

Greg

Poor Puffy ran away; what an odious pos you are.

Greg

Conservative hate follows you to the grave.

A few years ago we visited the war graves in France and laid flowers on the graves of several family members. The graves are split by nationality and I was struck by the fact that the South African graves were further split by skin colour.

The majority of graves didnt even have a bodyand I wonder what those dead South Africans were fighting for. Racism is a cancer on society , the world has a long way to go.
WW1 was pre-Apartheid you dolt. Like ALL Countries of the British Empire they were fighting for King AND COUNTRY!!!

Greg

Greg

You ignorant POS you really need to go and study some History and not His-Story.

How his goofy ass is on here having a hissy fit because he still can't REFUTE A SINGLE WORD I SAID......

Whining like a little girl isn't a refutation.....

source.gif

Cry hard her cuck

You know, if this were 1965 you MIGHT have a point, even though It was Democrats who wrote and proposed the legislation.
Some Republicans went along but not out of any sense of morality.
Republican philosophy at that time opposed all forms of discrimination on the theory that the rising tide lifts all boats.
My how things have changed!
Actually untrue. It was NOT the Democrats who wrote it. It is the identical bill that Republican Kiefauver proposed in the late 1950's... which LBJ quashed, by the way. It was a Democrat who proposed it, but it was also Democrats who tried to kill it.
As noted, Republicans for the most part were ambivalent.
When it came time to vote they voted their individual consciences
Only Senators INCLUDING REPUBLICANS from southern states opposed it.
Nothing to do with Republican v Democrat and everything to do with hustling the racists.

As usual.....closet racists will continue to lie about the past because the truth was not on their side...Vote break down of the Civil Rights Act in the House...

View attachment 450564

Vote breakdown of Civil Rights Act in the Senate....

View attachment 450565

Whenever these goofy morons keep using "Democrat"/"Republican" instead of "Liberal" "Conservative" -- it is an admission that when you talk about POLICIES from an ideological perspective instead of a party perspective -- it is clear that CONSERVATIVES have been OPPOSED to every CIVIL RIGHTS initiative made in this country....

When it came to emancipation -- it was CONSERVATIVES whining about losing their way of life and wanting to enact JIM CROW laws to conserve their privilege...

When it came to VOTING RIGHTS for both black folks and WOMEN in general...the OPPOSITION came from CONSERVATIVES...whining about losing their way of life.....

Name a CIVIL RIGHTS policy that was advocated for and pushed by CONSERVATIVES......

In fact.....name a single prominent conservative who was down south during the 50's and 60's putting their life on the line alongside of Medger Evers, C.T. Vivian, MLK, Fannie Lou Hamer, etc.....

You can't name them, because if you could -- they would be names you constantly repeat...but instead, you goofy muthafuckas gotta rewrite history and claim people were CONSERVATIVE after the fact.....that is how pathetic the record of Conservatism has been on Civil Rights...

And that is why after Barry Goldwater (Father of Conservatism) voted against the Civil Rights Act -- the final domino fell and black voters left the Republican party in droves.....and Conservatives in the Republican party have been trying to suppress their vote ever since....just like CONSERVATIVES have always done....

View attachment 450563

You link says: 289 Democrats to 126 Republicans.

My link says:

The original House version:

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
That is 290 D to 130 R But the percent YES vote is higher with the Republicans.

===

You link says: 73 Democrats to 27 Republicans

My link says:

The Senate version:[25]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
That is 73 D to 27 R, But the Percent YES is higher with the Republicans.

===

This is what I said way back on page one at post 6: "The 1964 Civil Rights acts got a much higher voting support by percentage from the Republicans than from the Democrats. Not only that it was Democrats such as Robert Byrd who tried to stop it through Filibustering."

You people are dishonest in your replies to my original statement which is 100% supported by the evidence I posted.

It is amusing you ignored DEMOCRAT Robert Byrd 14 hours FILIBUSTER in his bid to stop the legislation.

You people are pathetic!

Forum List

Back