Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black

Moron....there are old homes where the owner has stated in the sale requirements that they not sell to blacks or Jews......they are bound by those requirements because of the law....and some entertainers buying these homes have to buy them through corporations that they create.......

You dumb ass......
That just shows how simple your stupid ass is, a white person could by that home and then turn around and sell it to whoever the fuck he wanted to. Unless it is family cemetery that bullshit won't fly.

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man, citing Jim Crow-era bylaws that permitted such exclusions.

Allen Parish Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Semien, 55, died this week after a brief battle with bladder cancer, and he had hoped to be buried close to his home in Oberlin, about halfway between New Orleans and Houston.

When loved ones of Semien, who was Black, approached Oaklin Springs Baptist Cemetery, they were rebuffed by a representative who said the graveyard was for whites only.

"I just kind of looked at her and she said, 'There's no coloreds allowed,' " widow Karla Semien told KPLC, an NBC affiliate based in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black (msn.com)

There isn't any segregation in this country, is there.
is anyone surprised? LA is run by a dem, and the Mayor of NO is a dem…such division is what the party of the klan wants

A southwest Louisiana cemetery refused to accept the remains of a recently deceased Black man, citing Jim Crow-era bylaws that permitted such exclusions.

Allen Parish Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Semien, 55, died this week after a brief battle with bladder cancer, and he had hoped to be buried close to his home in Oberlin, about halfway between New Orleans and Houston.

When loved ones of Semien, who was Black, approached Oaklin Springs Baptist Cemetery, they were rebuffed by a representative who said the graveyard was for whites only.

"I just kind of looked at her and she said, 'There's no coloreds allowed,' " widow Karla Semien told KPLC, an NBC affiliate based in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Creig Vizena, president of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, confirmed such language exists, showing KPLC a standard contract which shows that Oaklin Springs allows only for the burial of "white human beings."

Louisiana cemetery refused to accept remains of sheriff's deputy because he was Black (msn.com)

If you look into the funeral home industry, you will find that many funeral homes deal primarily with specific races or religions. I'm guessing that in the final acts for their loved ones, they want to work with their own kind.

Vizena insisted he never knew this prohibition, put in place in the 1950s, even existed.

"It never came up," he said. "I take full responsibility of that. I've been the president for several years. I take full responsibility for not reading the bylaws."

The cemetery's board has since changed its bylaws, according to KPLC.

Vizena said he's horrified and wants to give Semien's family a plot for no charge.

"I can't sell you one, but I can give you one of mine," he told KPLC. "That's how strongly I feel about fixing it."

It sure is convenient that a RACIST POS like you who still thinks its the 1950's would not mention this part of the article.

Vizena insisted he never knew this prohibition, put in place in the 1950s, even existed.

"It never came up," he said. "I take full responsibility of that. I've been the president for several years. I take full responsibility for not reading the bylaws."

The cemetery's board has since changed its bylaws, according to KPLC.

Vizena said he's horrified and wants to give Semien's family a plot for no charge.

"I can't sell you one, but I can give you one of mine," he told KPLC. "That's how strongly I feel about fixing it."

It sure is convenient that a RACIST POS like you who still thinks its the 1950's would not mention this part of the article.
wow interesting! thanks for highlighting the OP’s pure propaganda agenda

to be fair, knowing the poster, he likely didn’t read and merely posted it because Maddow or one of his puppet masters showed him the click bait headline

wow interesting! thanks for highlighting the OP’s pure propaganda agenda

to be fair, knowing the poster, he likely didn’t read and merely posted it because Maddow or one of his puppet masters showed him the click bait headline
That poster is mentally ill.

They are consumed by their Racism, Hatred, and Intolerance.

What say you Superbadbrutha?

Trying to make white folks hate themselves when they look in the mirror when the black people involved not only got their free shoe shine but a burial plot at no charge too

shame on you

Forum List

Back