Lookism is a thing to the left…Attractive people getting preferential treatment

The late, great Maha Rushdie recognized a long time ago the problems of Uglo-Americans.

This is a Big Deal, but people refuse to accept it, because if it truly is a Big Deal, then they (you know who I'm talking about) need to accept some responsibility.

I'm speaking of course about obesity. It is...
  • Gross to look at,
  • Largely preventable, and
  • Unhealthy.
And you can talk all day in nonsense circles, but fat is not sexy or attractive in any way, and the relatively recent push to "make people feel good about themselves" is insidious. It is NOT OK to be fat. And they can put fat women in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue and in Victoria's Secret catalogs until they run out of fucking ink, but I guarantee you nobody is getting a woody at the sight of these cows.

This is analogous to the ads on TV that used to claim that "you can't quit" cigarettes by yourself. Really? In the 90's, half of all smokers (tens of millions of people) had quit all by themselves, simply by taking control of their own behavior.

You don't have to be fat; the people who actually have a medical condition that prevents them from dieting are...mainly an illusion. It is enlightening to look at pictures of people on crowded beaches in the 50's and 60's; essentially none of them is fat. Now look. Good God! It ain't genetic, folks, it is a failure to eat and live properly.

Advertisers are conflicted now. They know that attractive people draw viewers, but they also know that half of their target customer base is people who are obese, so some of them are putting fat, homely - or downright ugly - people in their ads.

I don't patronize such advertisers.

This is a Big Deal, but people refuse to accept it, because if it truly is a Big Deal, then they (you know who I'm talking about) need to accept some responsibility.

I'm speaking of course about obesity. It is...
  • Gross to look at,
  • Largely preventable, and
  • Unhealthy.
And you can talk all day in nonsense circles, but fat is not sexy or attractive in any way, and the relatively recent push to "make people feel good about themselves" is insidious. It is NOT OK to be fat. And they can put fat women in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue and in Victoria's Secret catalogs until they run out of fucking ink, but I guarantee you nobody is getting a woody at the sight of these cows.

This is analogous to the ads on TV that used to claim that "you can't quit" cigarettes by yourself. Really? In the 90's, half of all smokers (tens of millions of people) had quit all by themselves, simply by taking control of their own behavior.

You don't have to be fat; the people who actually have a medical condition that prevents them from dieting are...mainly an illusion. It is enlightening to look at pictures of people on crowded beaches in the 50's and 60's; essentially none of them is fat. Now look. Good God! It ain't genetic, folks, it is a failure to eat and live properly.

Advertisers are conflicted now. They know that attractive people draw viewers, but they also know that half of their target customer base is people who are obese, so some of them are putting fat, homely - or downright ugly - people in their ads.

I don't patronize such advertisers.
Good points. A slender waist on a woman is very attractive.

my sexy good looks once got me a job riding the garbage truck...unfortunately I got fat with all that great food available for free...now I am fat and ugly and thinking of voting democrat
I once saw a very good looking woman working in a salvage yard, sorting stuff. I thought, what in the hell is a good looking woman doing here. It was so wrong.

Sounds pretty logical to me lol.

Obese people are repulsive imo. The real travesty is when you see fat people teaching their kids to be pigs in public restaurants
Parent's behaviors and attitudes are imprinted on the kids, and it's very hard for them to break free of it. I've seen this in my own family. :(

Sounds pretty logical to me lol.

Obese people are repulsive imo. The real travesty is when you see fat people teaching their kids to be pigs in public restaurants

I think they're kinda cute. :omg:
1668368536732.png

The saddest thing is going to reunions, seeing people who were attractive (or better) when they were young, who have devolved into obese cartoon characters. Age takes a big enough toll on your looks, no need to make it worse with flab.

The saddest thing is going to reunions, seeing people who were attractive (or better) when they were young, who have devolved into obese cartoon characters. Age takes a big enough toll on your looks, no need to make it worse with flab.
I didn't go to my HS reunion for many years. When I finally did I was shocked at the appearance of my classmates. However, after a few hours of mingling they all began to look the same as they did back in the day.

Forum List

Back