Looking forward to great debates

Levant

Platinum Member
Apr 27, 2020
Northeast Oklahoma
Greetings,

Levant here, from Oklahoma... Technically, it should have been Levent - French for "Levering". I was looking for a Lever-Action gun related screen name years ago and misunderstood what I read, selecting Levant, instead of Levent but I've used it so long that I stick with it.

I'm looking forward to participating here. After going through many political debate sites over the years, I keep moving around over policies. Some liberally slanted sites ban conservatives just for being conservative. Other conservative sites ban liberals just for being liberal. What good is a political forum on which no one disagrees with anyone?

Other sites are so focused on "manners" that impassioned debate is not possible. But, sometimes, you just have to call a lie for being the lie that it is. When people make unsubstantiated claims based on their agenda, rather than on facts, it needs calling out.

So, after searching for a suitable hangout, I found US Message Board. The rules make sense, seeming to be, in summary, keep it on topic and, within reason, call it as you see it. A review of posts and threads mostly demonstrate intelligent discussion even on polarized views so I'm hoping to have a lot of fun here.

I like beer. I buy a 12-pack every spring and then, in the fall, toss what I didn't drink. But, to the party, I brought Lagavulin (my drink of choice long before Parks and Recreation on TV made it popular and far more expensive)

Greetings,

Levant here, from Oklahoma... Technically, it should have been Levent - French for "Levering". I was looking for a Lever-Action gun related screen name years ago and misunderstood what I read, selecting Levant, instead of Levent but I've used it so long that I stick with it.

I'm looking forward to participating here. After going through many political debate sites over the years, I keep moving around over policies. Some liberally slanted sites ban conservatives just for being conservative. Other conservative sites ban liberals just for being liberal. What good is a political forum on which no one disagrees with anyone?

Other sites are so focused on "manners" that impassioned debate is not possible. But, sometimes, you just have to call a lie for being the lie that it is. When people make unsubstantiated claims based on their agenda, rather than on facts, it needs calling out.

So, after searching for a suitable hangout, I found US Message Board. The rules make sense, seeming to be, in summary, keep it on topic and, within reason, call it as you see it. A review of posts and threads mostly demonstrate intelligent discussion even on polarized views so I'm hoping to have a lot of fun here.

Welcome Levant. If you love Donald J Trump, you're gonna LOVE USMB!
We run about 1/3 progressive and 2/3 Trumpublican ;)

Greetings,

Is that you, Jake?

Greetings,

Is that you, Jake?

nope

Greetings,

Is that you, Jake?

nope

Thats exactly what Jake would say...........:abgg2q.jpg:

I wouldn't worry about the "USMB Rules and Guidelines". We all just came together and made them up so that WillHaftawaite feels like he has something important to post. It was like our USMB Wake-A-Wish.

What I liked about the rules is that they just require some on-topic posts in the middle of calling a liar a liar. I've spent the past few months on a site that had a good mix of liberals, fake conservatives who think they're not liberals but are, and a few real conservatives... The problem there was that if someone lied about what Trump said and I point out the lie, the posts are deleted with "please do not imply that other users are liars." Or if I mentioned TDS, "Please do not imply that other users have Trump Derangement Syndrome." Really?

I'm good with an honest difference of opinion and can debate those on the principles. But when the debate is between truth and lie, and you can't call the lie a lie, debate is just pointless.. So that's why I really like the more-real-world rules I found on this site. If you're mistaken, I'll let you know. But if you lie, I'll tell you that, too :). And you can do the same to me - just be prepared with proof because I'll use actual evidence to back up my arguments - or confess that I was wrong, if that's the case.

Before that I went to a site that was all Republicans - not necessarily conservatives. Many of the old-timers would defend the Republican Party as long as their keyboard could withstand the pounding. And they banned anyone who offered a leftist opinion. What's the good in that? If you ban those who disagree, how do you get a good debate? Way too boring for me - a bunch of people who don't really know what they're talking about anyway but anyone who disagrees gets banned. I wasn't banned but there was no one to debate.

I also tried a left-oriented site but they were as bad as the other, banning anyone who disagreed with them.

So, it really was a good thing to see rules that actually recognize that debates are going to get heated. People are going to get passionate. Very refreshing.

Greetings,

Is that you, Jake?

nope

So would Bill, Bob, Tom, Dennis, Donald, Michael, and Steve.

Greetings,

Is that you, Jake?

nope

So would Bill, Bob, Tom, Dennis, Donald, Michael, and Steve.

May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.
George S. Patton

New Topics

Forum List

Back