Looking for a good series. Any ideas?

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
I really liked Queen's Gambit, The Crown, Ozarks, Bodyguard. and Witcher on Netflix. On Prime, I like Night Sky, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. On HBO, Game of Thrones. I like good stories and good acting and character development. Any suggestions?

Ya know, a show I really like which got discontinued, probably because the main character was not PC....shocking.

was Lillehammer on Netflix.

A couple seasons...maybe three but good.

I've been revisiting Nathon Fallon.

They're a bit cheesy, but with humor. If that makes sense.

Try a show called, Castle. A writer shadows an NYC detective who is hot, making her the center of his novels.

Also, "The Rookie". A 40-something joins LAPD after divorcing. Also funny, but nice action, on occasion.

I've been revisiting Nathon Fallon.

They're a bit cheesy, but with humor. If that makes sense.

Try a show called, Castle. A writer shadows an NYC detective who is hot, making her the center of his novels.

Also, "The Rookie". A 40-something joins LAPD after divorcing. Also funny, but nice action, on occasion.
Watched the Rookie, very good. Is Castle a TV series?

I really liked Queen's Gambit, The Crown, Ozarks, Bodyguard. and Witcher on Netflix. On Prime, I like Night Sky, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. On HBO, Game of Thrones. I like good stories and good acting and character development. Any suggestions?
1. Gunsmoke.
2. The Untouchables.
3. Twilight Zone

The Last Kingdom is good....The Boys.....Marco Polo..Damnation.

Which one. There is something on Prime with Tom Cruz and another one with a different Reacher.
Reacher - Season 1 on Prime Video. I hope there is a Season 2!

Also Bosch, Lincoln Lawyer, and Queen of the South. The Unit, Seal Team and Longmire were also good for a few seasons.

Last edited:
Reacher - Season 1 on Prime Video. I hope there is a Season 2!

Also Bosch, Lincoln Lawyer, and Queen of the South. The Unit, Seal Team and Longmire were also good for a few seasons.
Is Queen of South like Ozark?

Yellowstone
Joe Pickett
For All Mankind
The Expanse

Downton Abbey. Six seasons (about 10 episodes per season). Hour long drama--no commercials if you watch PBS. So its a bit of a commitment. It follows a family of nobles from 1910's through the next decade or two. The world is changing and the nobles are trying to find their place in it. The stuff you see on the screen is about 1/2 of what goes on upstairs and 1/2 what goes on downstairs. The servants are featured just as much as the served.

Ted Lasso. I have really liked it thus far. Its a contrived story about an American Football coach going to London to coach Futbol. He's a Quixotic character who sees victories in losing, progress in disaster, and humor in the humdrum. You root for everyone in this show. Its almost impossible not to. The Christmas episode in season 2 is some of the best, most uplifting TV I have seen. There is a reason it wins so many emmys. AppleTV+. You can see the first two episodes for free. And you'll likely subscribe after.

Better Things. Of the three, I least recommend this one. Not because of the content of the show but because it's not like the others. While there are continuing storylines through out the series (9 seasons I think), there are episodes where the storylines are not pushed forward very much if at all. Where the show runners actually drill deeper into a developed story line. Sam Fox is a single mother of 3 girls. She is a minor character actress who has some fame but is struggling. What I like about the show is that everyone is a source of friction. There are no gimmies on this show.

1. Gunsmoke.
2. The Untouchables.
3. Twilight Zone
Wow, Gunsmoke. I have a collection of the episodes. I have seen all the early episodes through season 11, many more than once. I don't like the latter epoxides in color that much. Do you mean the Untouchable's series with Robert Stack?

Forum List

Back