Longly

longly

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2013
I was registering and I needed a user name; I am strong believer in the KISS principal so I was thinking how to keep it short. The thought of short triggered the word long. I could have just as easily went for the name Shorty, but I am in to history so the name “ Wild Bill Longley“. sprang to mind. You might not have heard of him. He was a character in Texas history during the occupation (reconstruction) after the Civil War. He was an interesting character, but not someone I want to emulate. There are people in history that I would like to emulate but Longley is not one of them; he had a sad troubled life. At an early age, I think he was sixteen, he got pulled into the insurgency when he killed a black trooper who was about to kill his father. From then on he never had a normal like. He spent the rest of his life fighting and killing people until he was finally hung.

I have nothing in common with Longley except we are both Southerners. Longley was a racist and a cold blooded killer. I think racism is dumb and I love the peaceful life, free of personal drama. I am a democrat and although he fought for the democrat cause during the insurgency I doubt he ever voted. In the beginning, white Southerners were not allowed to vote by the occupation forces and by the time they regained the vote he was a wanted man and could not afford to take the chance.

Oh by the way I misspelled the name Longley, but it doesn’t bother me.

Last edited:
145991.gif
[/QUOTE]

Welcome fellow DEM...am looking forward to ur input.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So nice to have you join us. I see you've been here for a while and just now introduced yourself....don't be a stranger, get in here and start sharing your beliefs/passions....we'd love to hear more.

welcome_076.gif

hanged damn it...he was hanged....

welcome....i did not send you a pm

If I may ask, what is wrong with the word hung? Is it that you just prefer the Norman over the Anglo-Saxon? I will admit that the word hanged might be a little more precise where as the word hung could have a double meaning, but I will not allow the vulgar usage of others to affect the way I used words:

" hung
hʌŋShow Spelled [huhng] Show IPA
verb
simple past tense and past participle of hang.
adjective
Slang: Vulgar. (of a male) having very large genitals."

Last edited:
hanged damn it...he was hanged....

welcome....i did not send you a pm

If I may ask, what is wrong with the word hung? Is it that you just prefer the Norman over the Anglo-Saxon? I will admit that the word hanged might be a little more precise where as the word hung could have a double meaning, but I will not allow the vulgar usage of others to affect the way I used words:

" hung
hʌŋShow Spelled [huhng] Show IPA
verb
simple past tense and past participle of hang.
adjective
Slang: Vulgar. (of a male) having very large genitals."

Around here most go with the second definition.:D

Forum List

Back