LOL - "Creation Science" - LOL

That was quite the sidestep. The physical features of hydrothermal vents have no characteristics that suggest supernatural intervention.

There is every reason to accept a naturalistic explanation to the physical world as opposed to any claimed supernatural causation and that is because we have no evidence of any supernatural events. It is a pretty simple matter that the supernaturalists fail to comprehend; they need to provide some support for the existence of their supernatural gods before they can assign universe building tasks to them.

Supernaturalism is not a necessary requirement for science. Nothing about the natural world suggests supermagical "designer" to account for the complexity we see in nature. That would include appeals to your version of a "designer" which is only one claim to a supermagical designer among many claimed designers. NONE of the scientific theories that explain natural phenomena make appeals to any designer including yours. ID'iot creationers have presented no evidence that something in the rational, natural world shows signs of being designed by magical means, (something that could not have arisen naturally). ID creationists are the ones introducing supernatural forces... they are the ones who must substantiate their incredible claims and if course, they do not. Scientists do not "take it on faith" that the natural answers are there... that is all they have evidence of.

There is a lot of these vents in the Red Sea and some small plate movement.. About 10 years ago the Red Sea got 26 feet wider.

It's what keeps you from getting what I've said. I should use Nietzsce more often. Did you even look at the map? How do you think these hydrothermal vents circle the world? They were there since ancient times and not 1977. Anyway, I can see that you didn't get it as the abyss looks back upon you.
Did the gods take a map of the flat Earth and hire a surveyor to stake out the locations of where they wanted hydrothermal vents? If so, provide some evidence for that.

Thanks.

Wikimedia.

I started with that some claim as the ring of fire which are volcanoes. It didn't come together until Hollie mentioned hydrothermal vents.
You might want to also check wikireligiousextremism.

Otherwise, more reliable sources will identify that hydrothermal vents are found typically along mid-ocean ridges. Not just coincidentally, these are areas with active geologic faults.

Do you need some reliable sources to understand what hydrothermal vents and geologic faults are?

Did the gods take a map of the flat Earth and hire a surveyor to stake out the locations of where they wanted hydrothermal vents? If so, provide some evidence for that.

Thanks.
You tell me. People are always asking where all the water for Noah's Flood came from?

You tell me. People are always asking where all the water for Noah's Flood came from?

From the snowmelt of the Zagros Mountains and spring rains. The flood was 150 miles wide and 350 miles to the south so they would have thought their whole world was flooded. You know it says eretz.. which means land not earth.

Article

By Tremper Longman On July 05, 2016
The Bible in Ancient Context
The Flood
Young-earth creationist figurehead Ken Ham, is scheduled to open on July 7, 2016 in Williamstown, Kentucky. The centerpiece of the new attraction is a “full-size” wooden reconstruction of the ark described in Genesis 6-9. Though the ark will not actually be put in water, Ham believes that the attraction will help convince people that a literal reading of the Flood story in Genesis is not only possible but necessary for Christians to affirm.

In this series of posts, I want to use this occasion to raise questions about the proper interpretation of the story of the Flood. As an evangelical Protestant, I believe that the Bible is God’s Word, and as God’s Word it is true in all that it teaches. As many of you know, that is the accepted definition of inerrancy. So we begin our study with a look at what Genesis 6-9 intends to teach.

My particular interest in the Flood story arose from my earlier thinking about Genesis 1-3. In the past couple decades, Evangelicals have returned to the question of human origins, as depicted in these opening chapters of the Bible, because of the powerful evidence in support of evolution provided by the mapping of the human genome. To be honest, I never had any problem with evolution because I felt confident that while the Bible tells us that God created everything (including humanity), it did not intend to tell us how he did so.

Snip

Hyperbole is a form of figurative language.

Snip

The flood story is filled with hyperbole that would have been recognized by its ancient audience as a figurative description of an event in order to produce an effect and make a point (for which see next post). That the Bible uses hyperbole in this way elsewhere can be illustrated by many examples, but let’s look closely at the account of the conquest in Joshua 1-12.

The picture we get of the Conquest in these chapters is summed up by Joshua 11:23: “So Joshua took the entire land, just as the Lord had directed Moses, and he gave it as an inheritance to Israel according to their tribal divisions. Then the land had rest from war.”

snip

Not only do we have obvious figurative language in the Flood story, but we also have (as we have seen with the description of the creation), interplay with ancient Near Eastern flood stories. Space does not permit me to give a detailed account of all of them, but let me just mention the Gilgamesh Epic.

This flood story predates the biblical account and describes the gods bringing a massive flood on humanity. One man and his family survive by building an ark on which he brings animals. At the end of the flood he sends out three birds to check and see if the floodwaters have receded. As soon as he steps out of the ark, he offers a sacrifice.

As familiar as this story sounds to those of us who know the biblical account, we also note the differences. The gods send the flood not because of human sin, but because humans make too much noise. One god out of the many gods of Babylon decides to tell his devotee to build an ark. The ark is a big cube! And we could go on.

snip

And in a word, you don’t have to know that much about science to understand that there is not a shred of evidence that supports the idea of a global flood. I don’t have the space to present the scientific studies that lead to this conclusion, but I can point you to many sources. You might start with the recent posts here about the Grand Canyon. Or look at Davis A. Young, The Biblical Flood: A Case Study of the Church’s Response to Extrabiblical Evidence (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1995) or the more recent The Grand Canyon: Monument to an Ancient Earth, edited by C. Hill, et.al., which asks the question “Can Noah’s Flood Explain the Grand Canyon?” and answers with a decided “No.” Also be on the lookout for article “The Genesis Flood and Geology,” in the Zondervan Dictionary of Christianity and Science, edited by P. Copan, T. Longman, C. Reese, and M. Strauss, due out in Spring 2017. Here, by the way, the “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”; it is significant, even telling. If there were a global flood, there would be indisputable evidence.

snip

I started with that some claim as the ring of fire which are volcanoes. It didn't come together until @Hollie mentioned hydrothermal vents
Hydrothermal vents are the ring of fire? That doesn't sound right.

You might want to also check wikireligiousextremism.

Otherwise, more reliable sources will identify that hydrothermal vents are found typically along mid-ocean ridges. Not just coincidentally, these are areas with active geologic faults.

Do you need some reliable sources to understand what hydrothermal vents and geologic faults are?
Active geologic faults. Hey, more evidence to support the global flood.

Article

By Tremper Longman On July 05, 2016
The Bible in Ancient Context
The Flood
Young-earth creationist figurehead Ken Ham, is scheduled to open on July 7, 2016 in Williamstown, Kentucky. The centerpiece of the new attraction is a “full-size” wooden reconstruction of the ark described in Genesis 6-9. Though the ark will not actually be put in water, Ham believes that the attraction will help convince people that a literal reading of the Flood story in Genesis is not only possible but necessary for Christians to affirm.

In this series of posts, I want to use this occasion to raise questions about the proper interpretation of the story of the Flood. As an evangelical Protestant, I believe that the Bible is God’s Word, and as God’s Word it is true in all that it teaches. As many of you know, that is the accepted definition of inerrancy. So we begin our study with a look at what Genesis 6-9 intends to teach.

My particular interest in the Flood story arose from my earlier thinking about Genesis 1-3. In the past couple decades, Evangelicals have returned to the question of human origins, as depicted in these opening chapters of the Bible, because of the powerful evidence in support of evolution provided by the mapping of the human genome. To be honest, I never had any problem with evolution because I felt confident that while the Bible tells us that God created everything (including humanity), it did not intend to tell us how he did so.

Snip

Hyperbole is a form of figurative language.

Snip

The flood story is filled with hyperbole that would have been recognized by its ancient audience as a figurative description of an event in order to produce an effect and make a point (for which see next post). That the Bible uses hyperbole in this way elsewhere can be illustrated by many examples, but let’s look closely at the account of the conquest in Joshua 1-12.

The picture we get of the Conquest in these chapters is summed up by Joshua 11:23: “So Joshua took the entire land, just as the Lord had directed Moses, and he gave it as an inheritance to Israel according to their tribal divisions. Then the land had rest from war.”

snip

Not only do we have obvious figurative language in the Flood story, but we also have (as we have seen with the description of the creation), interplay with ancient Near Eastern flood stories. Space does not permit me to give a detailed account of all of them, but let me just mention the Gilgamesh Epic.

This flood story predates the biblical account and describes the gods bringing a massive flood on humanity. One man and his family survive by building an ark on which he brings animals. At the end of the flood he sends out three birds to check and see if the floodwaters have receded. As soon as he steps out of the ark, he offers a sacrifice.

As familiar as this story sounds to those of us who know the biblical account, we also note the differences. The gods send the flood not because of human sin, but because humans make too much noise. One god out of the many gods of Babylon decides to tell his devotee to build an ark. The ark is a big cube! And we could go on.

snip

And in a word, you don’t have to know that much about science to understand that there is not a shred of evidence that supports the idea of a global flood. I don’t have the space to present the scientific studies that lead to this conclusion, but I can point you to many sources. You might start with the recent posts here about the Grand Canyon. Or look at Davis A. Young, The Biblical Flood: A Case Study of the Church’s Response to Extrabiblical Evidence (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1995) or the more recent The Grand Canyon: Monument to an Ancient Earth, edited by C. Hill, et.al., which asks the question “Can Noah’s Flood Explain the Grand Canyon?” and answers with a decided “No.” Also be on the lookout for article “The Genesis Flood and Geology,” in the Zondervan Dictionary of Christianity and Science, edited by P. Copan, T. Longman, C. Reese, and M. Strauss, due out in Spring 2017. Here, by the way, the “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”; it is significant, even telling. If there were a global flood, there would be indisputable evidence.

snip

Now, you've moved on to theistic evolution :icon_rolleyes:. Can't you stick to a science topic?

Show me some hard evidence such as are there pockets where we see NEW hydrothermal vents?

Last edited:
Now, you've moved on to theistic evolution :icon_rolleyes:. Can't you stick to a science topic?

Show me some hard evidence such as are there pockets where we see NEW hydrothermal vents?

You didn't read it , did you? The author is an intelligent, educated man and a Christian, not of the Ken Hamm variety..

Hydro thermal vents are caused by shifts in tectonic plates.

The only people asking about the source of water for a global flood are the christian religious extremists who press a literal, Flat Earth interpretation of the Bibles.

Active geologic faults. Hey, more evidence to support the global flood.
Geologic faults do nothing to support a global flood. That is precisely why you offered nothing to support a global flood.

Pleading ignorance about science matters is a poor excuse for your religious extremism.

You didn't read it , did you? The author is an intelligent, educated man and a Christian, not of the Ken Hamm variety..

Hydro thermal vents are caused by shifts in tectonic plates.
Biologos is theistic evolution. Nuff said.

I'll take your response as admission of no new hydrothermal vents. I think it happened in the ancient past. I had an youtube (now gone) that showed ridges in the ocean floor around the world, but can't remember if they said they were hydrothermal vents. Anyway, there is still debate as to whether hydrothermal vents are what's described in the Bible. There has been some wild descriptions and hypothesis of what the fountains of the deep were.

Biologos is theistic evolution. Nuff said.

I'll take your response as admission of no new hydrothermal vents. I think it happened in the ancient past. I had an youtube (now gone) that showed ridges in the ocean floor around the world, but can't remember if they said they were hydrothermal vents. Anyway, there is still debate as to whether hydrothermal vents are what's described in the Bible. There has been some wild descriptions and hypothesis of what the fountains of the deep were.
Those "wild descriptions and hypothesis of what the fountains of the deep were." are only wild descriptions and hypotheses engaged in by fundamentalist Christian ministries and ID'iot creation ministries

The relevant first world has a firm grasp regarding hydrothermal vents and offers nothing to indicate they are of supernatural origin.

Those "wild descriptions and hypothesis of what the fountains of the deep were." are only wild descriptions and hypotheses engaged in by fundamentalist Christian ministries and ID'iot creation ministries

The relevant first world has a firm grasp regarding hydrothermal vents and offers nothing to indicate they are of supernatural origin.
Again, you can't find any new hydrothermal vents. That's why I agreed and thought the vents were the fountains of the deep or part of it. What I understood before were there were ridges sticking out of the ocean floor that encircled the world such as the the mid-Atlantic ridge.

Why don't you talk about the hydrothermal vents? They are a lot more interesting than your usual diatribe.

ETA: Here's what the abyss could look like. Does it look back at you atheists?

Last edited:
Again, you can't find any new hydrothermal vents. That's why I agreed and thought the vents were the fountains of the deep or part of it. What I understood before were there were ridges sticking out of the ocean floor that encircled the world such as the the mid-Atlantic ridge.
Neither the ridges nor hydrothermal vents can cause a world wide flood. Ridges spew magma, Vents recirculate water.

Hahaha

Wait

So james bond thinks there are large reservoirs of water hiding in the core of the planet?

Hahaha omfg 9 years olds are smarter
Atheists are usually wrong. It's a fact, Jack. You should stay out of the adult or the smarter 9 yr-olds conversations LMAO. I thought you were smarter than stupid as abu afak :whip:. And stupider than abu afak Wuwei is still following me even though he thinks I'm a troll :whip:. I got his troll arse on ignore, but can tell when to read.

An ocean of water is found 620 miles below Earth's surface - and if it dries up, life on our planet could END​

• Two studies found evidence of oceans of water in Earth's lower mantle
  • The first found a water-filled mineral called brucite exists in the deep Earth
  • A second study found this water is much deeper than any seen before
  • It is unclear how much water is being stored, but previous studies suggest it could be the same amount as all the oceans put together

NASA is looking for a planet with water below its surface.

Large Reservoir of Liquid Water Found Deep Below the Surface of Mars​

A reservoir of what could be water has been spotted beneath the South Pole of Mars.​

Forum List

Back