What do you think of AI?

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
AI replacing human contact? Because of the pandemic and also other reasons. Maybe its not bad so long as you know fantasy from the real world?

Replacing human contact and letting computers take over who can think for you?

What could possibly go wrong?

Sign me up!

Sign me up!
Many people will signup. Is that dangerous? Maybe not if you know fantasy from reality. Is it a good thing? It seems we will soon learn.

Sign me up!
Humans absolutely suck at making executive decisions. At least an AI could conceivably be programed not to be a self-serving egotistical bigot.

It's hard to imagine AI moving to more intelligence than what I call laundromat chat. When I did laundry as a student I was fascinated how two strangers can exchange stream of conscious chat and switch topics every few sentences. None of it was information that the other could use. Yet it was a sort of bonding that AI could easily reproduce.

However the danger is if or when a rogue agent programs it to talk politics, religion, or ethics and starts a program of brain washing. It could spread fear and lies. That would reach many fragile minds and be scary for the country.

I have done programming that handled email interpretation and responses to scammers. It took a few years to tune up, but I found that fooling people is easier than you might think.

It's hard to imagine AI moving to more intelligence than what I call laundromat chat. When I did laundry as a student I was fascinated how two strangers can exchange stream of conscious chat and switch topics every few sentences. None of it was information that the other could use. Yet it was a sort of bonding that AI could easily reproduce.

However the danger is if or when a rogue agent programs it to talk politics, religion, or ethics and starts a program of brain washing. It could spread fear and lies. That would reach many fragile minds and be scary for the country.

I have done programming that handled email interpretation and responses to scammers. It took a few years to tune up, but I found that fooling people is easier than you might think.
Autonomous weapons is what you ought to be worried about.

Autonomous weapons is what you ought to be worried about.
Of course, but the OP was about verbal or written interaction. Right now the pen (political lies) is more powerful than the sword.

AI replacing human contact? Because of the pandemic and also other reasons. Maybe its not bad so long as you know fantasy from the real world?

Prolly not a great idea given robots have a tendency to desire global domination.

I have created algorithms. Done some Machine learning. I know voice assistants are created. So i do know of AI but never written code for robotics. When you learn python you learn about AI. AI replacing humans for interaction is not something I've thought about. Not sure if i see it as brilliant or scary.

shoshi
AI does not exist on any level in 2021

An insect 🐜 far exceeds the intelligence of any super computer
A crawling insect knows it’s alive .knows how to navigate around a room .
A robot cannot do anything without a human

AI does not exist

It may exist in 50-100 years as it because a smart as a bug then a reptile then a dog etc

Forum List

Back