Logical Fallacies

Hate and fear of transgender people is evident in the current bathroom controversy.
Bullshit. People may hate you because you openly admit to being a child abuser but nobody here fears you.
Fear and ignorance are the elements of hate; that you incorrectly perceive transgender children as having been subject to some sort of ‘abuse’ is an example of your ignorance.

And we know that you’re afraid because you’re attacking that which you fear with the lie that transgender children are ‘abused,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
Bullshit! I do not fear any transgenders.

You fear the truth.

Hate and fear of transgender people is evident in the current bathroom controversy.

Untrue. The concern is not about a transgendered person using the bathroom. The concern is that a pedophile will use the law to claim transgendered status and violate the privacy of a young person. Get the concern correct. This assertion of yours makes you look stupid and ignorant.

Untrue. The concern is not about a transgendered person using the bathroom. The concern is that a pedophile will use the law to claim transgendered status and violate the privacy of a young person. Get the concern correct. This assertion of yours makes you look stupid and ignorant.
Transgender people aren't pedophile.

He's not saying transgenders are pedophiles. He is accurately pointing out the cover created for pedophiles when men can go into a women's bathroom. If you had a daughter, and watched a man follow her into the restroom, you'd understand.
I have three daughters.
I have 5 adult daughters who all have at least 20 years of martial arts and strength training under their belt. I had them start taking martial arts lessons when they were very young because I didn't want them to go through life being constantly physically intimidated by males.

If some guy came into the womans' bathroom, shower or locker room when one or more of them were in there the pervo just might be leaving on a stretcher.

Transgender people aren't pedophile.

I know that silly person. Read the post and then stop and THINK for a moment. The problem you have is you don't think at all, apparently.

Wrong.

The ‘restroom’ nonsense is a red herring fallacy contrived by the right, a façade behind which conservatives attempt – and fail – to hide their bigotry toward those transgender, and their desire to discriminate against them.

And the ‘pedophile concern’ is yet another red herring fallacy, as well as a false comparison fallacy, nothing but hateful, bigoted rightwing demagoguery used to ‘justify’ disadvantaging transgender Americans through force of law.

That you seek to continue to propagate these lies and fallacies makes you look stupid and ignorant.

No, it's not, you ignorant twerp. I am a full on supporter of gay marriage, and my daughters God mother is lesbian so you can take your infantile insults and shove them up your ass. I do however understand the concerns of those who are the rest of the community. Transgender individuals make up a fantastically small percentage of the population of the USA and they absolutely need to have their rights protected. However, there are are many, many more pedophiles who will use these new rules to their advantage. That's a simple fact of numbers.

Government is incompetent by its very nature, so, it uses a broad brush to deal with the issues it wants to address. Invariably there will be more harmed than helped by these rules.

Ad Hominem?

Thought everybody knew - it's an advertising agency headquartered in San Francisco specializing in representing gay and lesbian owned businesses. I haven never heard whether they will take transgendered clients but, hey, it IS Baghdad-by-The-Bay.....

What is ad hominem?

If you are in a debate and you counter someone's position, how does that translate into "you're attacking ME?"

This is a question I'm curious about because I've had the experience of personalizing someone else's position. Example, someone opposes any hormones or body alternation for trans people and I can hear that as a personal attack on my family.

(My son is trans)

How can we discuss volatile, highly passionate topics without personalizing them?

Help.
Common Logical Fallacies In Political Arguments

See the seventh one down.

Forum List

Back