Lmao the Senate overides Obamas veto

This is one of the few times I have to agree with O'Bama. This is a bad, stupid, thoughtless law. It will subject U.S. citizens, companies, and the U.S. government itself to countless future lawsuits for actions they have taken overseas. Just as important, the DISCOVERY process in those lawsuits will compel the U.S. defendants (including the Government) to produce mountains of documents and records that should never see the light of day, and will tie up resources for decades.

Furthermore, the victims of "9/11" have already received their personal life insurance payouts, their employment-related life insurance payouts, and millions of dollars (EACH ONE OF THEM!) of borrowed money from the U.S. government.

That's more than enough. People die. Live with it. Move on.

Doesnt matter. You can get these guys to eat a turd if you told them Obama was against turd eating.
I'll pass. Obama had some dog, I will likely pass on that as well. Unlike Trump voters Obama voters don't seek to be just like him as if he were some little god like Trump.

If Trump said beat your wives and I'll win the hospitals would be overwhelmed.

Since liberals all have the same position on every issue and you justify them with the same talking points, Obamaettes don't need to strive to be like him. You already are
f72790685916e51275b11e37a395a5c4.jpg

This is one of the few times I have to agree with O'Bama. This is a bad, stupid, thoughtless law. It will subject U.S. citizens, companies, and the U.S. government itself to countless future lawsuits for actions they have taken overseas. Just as important, the DISCOVERY process in those lawsuits will compel the U.S. defendants (including the Government) to produce mountains of documents and records that should never see the light of day, and will tie up resources for decades.

Furthermore, the victims of "9/11" have already received their personal life insurance payouts, their employment-related life insurance payouts, and millions of dollars (EACH ONE OF THEM!) of borrowed money from the U.S. government.

Doesnt matter. You can get these guys to eat a turd if you told them Obama was against turd eating.
I'll pass. Obama had some dog, I will likely pass on that as well. Unlike Trump voters Obama voters don't seek to be just like him as if he were some little god like Trump.

Since liberals all have the same position on every issue and you justify them with the same talking points, Obamaettes don't need to strive to be like him. You already are
The liberal position tends to be rather uniform as it's for liberty and it's rational. Unlike you liberals don't base their decisions on emotion and tradition.

Gay marriage is a good example. A liberal and rational decision that offends your kind to the core even though it's nothing more than equality before the law for two unmarried adults.

What's up with this bill popping up 15 years after 911?

that's ^^^ like asking why the 19th Amendment to the US constitution came about in 1920------144 years AFTER the Declaration of Independence was signed

You saying the GOP in control after 911 put a stop to any such legislation?

You'd have to back that up. My understanding is that it was always blocked. What are you basing the claim they stopped it after 9/11 based on?

You would think that the fever for this would be at its height right after 911.

f72790685916e51275b11e37a395a5c4.jpg

Notice you couldn't think of any examples ...

97 Senators are Republican?

there are possible unfortunate ramifications in enacting this law. ----However---what I was told about "law suits" is----
anyone can sue for anything. I do not see how the government of Saudi Arabia can be held liable or how it
can be compelled to cooperate with the discovery process. Does any sane person believe that the Saudi king is going to take responsibility for the actions of Osama and friends?. The people to SUE---are the instigators----the Khutbah Jumaat feces flingers

that's ^^^ like asking why the 19th Amendment to the US constitution came about in 1920------144 years AFTER the Declaration of Independence was signed

You'd have to back that up. My understanding is that it was always blocked. What are you basing the claim they stopped it after 9/11 based on?

"revenge is a dish best tasted cold"

Served cold. It means you wait, not served in a passion.

The liberal position tends to be rather uniform as it's for liberty and it's rational. Unlike you liberals don't base their decisions on emotion and tradition.

You don't base your decisions on emotions?

:lmao:

Now that's funny. That's the only basis for your decisions.

For example, no one pays anyone more than they are worth, yet you insist on putting up a minimum wage as a hurdle to prevent low end workers from getting jobs.

We get virtually zero for the 35% tax on repatriating money because the rate is oppressive and no one is willing to give up over a third of their earnings, yet you refuse to reduce it even though no other western power charges that stupid tax.

You refuse to deal with that our corporate tax rate is the second highest in the industrialized world even though our companies are trying to leave.

Emotion is all you have

97 Senators are Republican?

there are possible unfortunate ramifications in enacting this law. ----However---what I was told about "law suits" is----
anyone can sue for anything. I do not see how the government of Saudi Arabia can be held liable or how it
can be compelled to cooperate with the discovery process. Does any sane person believe that the Saudi king is going to take responsibility for the actions of Osama and friends?. The people to SUE---are the instigators----the Khutbah Jumaat feces flingers

I wasn't saying whether I agree with the law. CC clearly doesn't get what 97-1 means.

right----your point?

You would. Now answer the question:

"You'd have to back that up. My understanding is that it was always blocked. What are you basing the claim they stopped it after 9/11 based on?"

I don't think it's about the money. It's about accountability. The sad part is, if the official Saudi government WAS aware of what was going on, we will never know.

This is hilarious ...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/white-house-senate-override-9-183813076.html

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest on Wednesday called the Senate's override vote on legislation that would allow the families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia the "most embarrassing thing" the legislative body has done in decades.

It's "the single most embarrassing thing the United States Senate has done possibly since 1983," he told reportersafter news broke of the Senate's 97-to-1 vote
Somehow he found himself on stage during a townhall for military members literally whining about the overturn of his silly veto.

It was pathetic.

The laziest president in US history telling Congress that they sometimes have you do things that are tough.

What a joke.

You endlessly mindlessly intone this idiocy. What specifically have Republicans opposed because Obama was for it?

Virtually everything. They have voted against any stimulus, increased benefits for veterans, against Obamacare.

Republicans have voted for "increased benefits for veterans," you're lying.

As for the "stimulus" it was passed twice by both parties, whatcha talking about?

And Obamacare, Republicans would have voted for national healthcare other than Obama? You are full ... of ... shit.

So you're 0 for 3, try again

Gay marriage is a good example. A liberal and rational decision that offends your kind to the core even though it's nothing more than equality before the law for two unmarried adults.

My kind? What kind is that?

BTW, while technically I oppose gay government marriage, that's misleading because I oppose all government marriage. Government should treat all its citizens the same. Gay or straight, single or coupled. Government should not discriminate between any of it's citizens as you want to do. Ratchet down the emotions there guy

You don't base your decisions on emotions?

:lmao:

Now that's funny. That's the only basis for your decisions.

For example, no one pays anyone more than they are worth, yet you insist on putting up a minimum wage as a hurdle to prevent low end workers from getting jobs.

We get virtually zero for the 35% tax on repatriating money because the rate is oppressive and no one is willing to give up over a third of their earnings, yet you refuse to reduce it even though no other western power charges that stupid tax.

You refuse to deal with that our corporate tax rate is the second highest in the industrialized world even though our companies are trying to leave.

Emotion is all you have
Case in point. You rail against the "rate" without bothering to understand that no one pays that much here. Many pay zero or we write them a check, from your taxes paid. You ignore the reality so you can scream like a child, our rate is the highest in the world!, without bothering to figure out who actually pays the highest corporate taxes in the world instead of who has the highest rate?

The rate is the highest might sound bad, if you are emotional instead of rational and forget to ask the next obvious question, does anyone actually pay that?

My kind? What kind is that?

BTW, while technically I oppose gay government marriage, that's misleading because I oppose all government marriage. Government should treat all its citizens the same. Gay or straight, single or coupled. Government should not discriminate between any of it's citizens as you want to do. Ratchet down the emotions there guy
I said absolutely nothing that was emotional. That is you reacting with emotion because I mentioned gays. And the reality is, marriage licenses come from the state. Adults can accept that and you it seems cannot?

You want something other than what is? I instead deal with what is.

right----your point?

Frank's an official Internet content checker. He's responsible for spelling, grammar, typos and the correct usage of sayings. You can tell wondering around the Internet how badly he sucks at that

A prediction from the Oracle at USMB (me --rosie) --the lawsuits against Saudi arabia are going to drag on for decades and end up NOWHERE

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is no more responsible for 9-11 than the United States is responsible for every murder committed this year by an American citizen.

Forum List

Back