Lizzo Plays James Madison's Crystal Flute in Embarrassing Display

This was repulsive and the fact that people are cheering this on and celebrating it shows how degenerated our society has gotten. These people have no respect for our nation's history or culture

This woman is now a pop icon and she could literally do ANYTHING SHE WANTED on a stage and be applauded by the New Woke Order. That's where we are, unfortunately.

"Idiocracy" was a documentary ...

Idiocracy.jpg

I've noticed a trend ... I work with a lot of 20-somethings and my daughter is also in that demographic.

They all seem to shy away from pop music and are into specific genres, such as jazz, "oldies", heavy-metal, etc.

When I ask why they don't listen to the music of their own generation, the answer, invariably is, "Because it sucks".

Novelty has always been part of entertainment. It just seems that novelty has become paramount over music.

I tried watching her show on Prime (I think it was). The first words out of her mouth were something like, "I am not a bitch...I am the bitch." I turned it off and never looked back.

When you hear interviews with her, she actually sounds pretty grounded but when she is "in character"...pass.

I've noticed a trend ... I work with a lot of 20-somethings and my daughter is also in that demographic.

They all seem to shy away from pop music and are into specific genres, such as jazz, "oldies", heavy-metal, etc.

When I ask why they don't listen to the music of their own generation, the answer, invariably is, "Because it sucks".

Novelty has always been part of entertainment. It just seems that novelty has become paramount over music.
Interesting post. The idea deserves a thread.

I've played guitar for many decades. Taught, and played in working bands. Loves are jazz, blues, and standards.

That's where my forum name comes from, monkrules. Thelonious Monk was a musical giant, imo.

Up through the 60's or 80's there was loads of musical creativity. Much of it fueled by highly talented black musicians.

But during the following decades, innovation and creativity seemed to die a slow, painful death. Until we ended up with rap and the other worthless shit we hear today.

Maybe our musical imagination has simply run its course, and died.

Notice, too, that every black - and white - female singer seems to sound exactly alike. Like COPIES of some original talent, long gone. Same screaming, same bending of notes to ridiculous extremes. No originality in singers, either.

Today our music is in serious trouble. It truly sucks.

Maybe that's why we have things like Lizzo. Audiences can be so sickened by the "show" that they don't notice that the "music" is pure garbage.

Last edited:
Maybe our musical imagination has simply run its course, and died.

Notice, too, that every black - and white - female singer seems to sound exactly alike. Like COPIES of some original talent, long gone. Same screaming, same bending of notes to ridiculous extremes. No originality in singers, either.

This isn't a unique situation in which we find ourselves ...

It took nearly two-hundred years before the music of Byrd and Allegiri and other Renaissance composers to give way to Bach, Vivaldi and the other Baroque composers.

Mozart, Hayden, Beethoven, and many others gave us a new genre of music only to be replaced again, a century later, with the Romanticists and the Moderns.

Fundamental creative swings come only after long periods of more of the same.

In the 20th Century, popular music saw several creative innovations come practically on top of each other. Now that period is over and we will be back to our long wait for the next major innovation in music.

We are luckier than our predecessors in that we have, literally at our fingertips, a complete repository of the best of the last 500 years of music we can access at any time.

This should be more than enough to sustain us until the next creative genius is born (I suspect they are not yet on this Earth).

This isn't a unique situation in which we find ourselves ...

It took nearly two-hundred years before the music of Byrd and Allegiri and other Renaissance composers to give way to Bach, Vivaldi and the other Baroque composers.

Mozart, Hayden, Beethoven, and many others gave us a new genre of music only to be replaced again, a century later, with the Romanticists and the Moderns.

Fundamental creative swings come only after long periods of more of the same.

In the 20th Century, popular music saw several creative innovations come practically on top of each other. Now that period is over and we will be back to our long wait for the next major innovation in music.

We are luckier than our predecessors in that we have, literally at our fingertips, a complete repository of the best of the last 500 years of music we can access at any time.

This should be more than enough to sustain us until the next creative genius is born (I suspect they are not yet on this Earth).
All true.

But with modern media we're buried in whatever garbage is popular at the moment. Let's just hope a change for the better doesn't take fifty years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back