Lizzo Plays James Madison's Crystal Flute in Embarrassing Display

But with modern media we're buried in whatever garbage is popular at the moment. Let's just hope a change for the better doesn't take fifty years.

My point is ... we aren't buried in what is played on a handful of radio stations (or what was available at record shops). Today, you can live your entire life hearing nothing but Gregorian Chants if that's your twisted, little fantasy.

For the first time in human history, every one of us are able to create the soundtrack to our lives.

My father had an extensive collection of LPs and '78s (my sisters and I had the 45's and cassettes).

His collection was primarily classical and jazz (and a lot of '78s of Klezmer).

Without spending a fraction of what he spent, I have an order of magnitude larger collection of music which is much more eclectic and took no pains to collect.

As large and diverse as my collection is, I have no Lizzo or Megan The Stallion (to be fair, I had never heard of Lizzo until today).

My point is ... we aren't buried in what is played on a handful of radio stations (or what was available at record shops). Today, you can live your entire life hearing nothing but Gregorian Chants if that's your twisted, little fantasy.

For the first time in human history, every one of us are able to create the soundtrack to our lives.
I understood your point with your first post. You could have saved yourself a lot of wind.

But thanks, anyway.

...really...

This was repulsive and the fact that people are cheering this on and celebrating it shows how degenerated our society has gotten. These people have no respect for our nation's history or culture

Her costume was disgusting.

This was repulsive and the fact that people are cheering this on and celebrating it shows how degenerated our society has gotten. These people have no respect for our nation's history or culture

Yes, that flute is very vulgar, agreed. Not like Washington's teeth, now there's good American history.

They shoulda got a tranny to do it.
6v3kkw.jpg

If it's considered 'Black' we're supposed to gush over over it as 'cool and Jeenyus' material. 'Rap' and 'Hip Hop' is pure garbage.My grandmother used to go to every show she could reach and collect every single piece of film footage available of Count Basie playing the piano just to catch glimpses of his footwork on the pedals; he was a master at their use. He was still playing Vegas a lot when I was a kid and we would go several times a year just to see the musicians playing live and big jazz bands still had several soloists in each group as well as 'drop in guests' like Sinatra and Martin and Mel Torme making the rounds of shows.

Last edited:
Interesting post. The idea deserves a thread.

I've played guitar for many decades. Taught, and played in working bands. Loves are jazz, blues, and standards.

That's where my forum name comes from, monkrules. Thelonious Monk was a musical giant, imo.

Up through the 60's or 80's there was loads of musical creativity. Much of it fueled by highly talented black musicians.

But during the following decades, innovation and creativity seemed to die a slow, painful death. Until we ended up with rap and the other worthless shit we hear today.

Maybe our musical imagination has simply run its course, and died.

Notice, too, that every black - and white - female singer seems to sound exactly alike. Like COPIES of some original talent, long gone. Same screaming, same bending of notes to ridiculous extremes. No originality in singers, either.

Today our music is in serious trouble. It truly sucks.

Maybe that's why we have things like Lizzo. Audiences can be so sickened by the "show" that they don't notice that the "music" is pure garbage.

Agreed. As an old school musician myself, there isn’t much talent involving todays music. A microphone, a water bottle and a towel doesn’t make you a musician. Even the standards of Madison’s day, are far superior to what you hear coming out of a studio, or concert hall today. Fortunately, it is the classical, and jazz musicians of today that still lend the music industry any credibility.

Agreed. As an old school musician myself, there isn’t much talent involving todays music. A microphone, a water bottle and a towel doesn’t make you a musician. Even the standards of Madison’s day, are far superior to what you hear coming out of a studio, or concert hall today. Fortunately, it is the classical, and jazz musicians of today that still lend the music industry any credibility.
No

Rock is awesome

Jazz is discordant noise

Forum List

Back