Liz Cheney: Trump should not be leader of the Republican Party

She is Right. The Republican Party needs to return to their political roots. trump does not represent those policies or ideals.

The fear comes when Republicans think of the possibility of losing trump supporters. Who are those supporters? Many are QAnon and outright racist. Does the GOP really want these moral degenerates in their party?
It's difficult to imagine Trump's influence on the party decreasing to any significant degree any time soon.

But I guess the normal Republicans have no choice but to try to win this. The loser has to start a new party without the massive GOP infrastructure. That's huge and long-term lift.

All the Traditional Republicans need is to grow some balls and call the Trumpbot's bluff!

If Trumpbots primary Traditional Republicans, they'll be handing over a whole lot of elections to the Democrats.

If Traditional Republican face down the Trumpbots they'll continue to get elected - who else are the Trumpbots gonna vote for?
Well, 95% of the energy in the QGOP is with Trump and his approved Trumpster candidates. I don't know how the normal Republicans get nominated if they have Trumpster competition in the primaries. Holy crap, if it's a Republican vs. a Trumpster in a primary, the Republican is considered a freakin' commie. And, if they don't toe the line, they'll sure as hell be primaried.

I don't know how that gets fixed.
By "normal" you mean servile establishment Republicans. They will never get nominated again, turd. Live with it. The purpose of the Republican party is not to serve the interests of the Democrat Reich.

Apparently you think that the purpose of the GOP is to worship a spoiled brat, narcissistic, traitorous, wanna be dictator.

She is Right. The Republican Party needs to return to their political roots. trump does not represent those policies or ideals.

The fear comes when Republicans think of the possibility of losing trump supporters. Who are those supporters? Many are QAnon and outright racist. Does the GOP really want these moral degenerates in their party?

Who should lead the GOP, if not Trump?

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

The Low Energy Bush Family?

GOP Titular Leader Colon Powell?

Kasich?

Its great she has this idea of purging the 75 Deplorable Chumps from the GOP, but the broad doesn't have a clue on how to vanquish Sleepy Joe and the Marxists.

Right now it looks like Senator Sasse or Congresswoman Cheney are the GOP's best candidates for leadership.
They are the best candidates for losing their seats. I will donate $100 to whoever opposes them in the primary, and even in the general election.

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

Its great she has this idea of purging the 75 Deplorable Chumps from the GOP, but the broad doesn't have a clue on how to vanquish Sleepy Joe and the Marxists.

Right now it looks like Senator Sasse or Congresswoman Cheney are the GOP's best candidates for leadership.

Fair enough, but what is their plan for leadership, vanquishing Sleepy Joe's minions, and implementing their policies?

Or is their Plan for the Party to be a lapdog "me-too" opposition party that doesn't intend to win?

If its the latter, why should they pursue Leadership in the first place?

It's difficult to imagine Trump's influence on the party decreasing to any significant degree any time soon.

But I guess the normal Republicans have no choice but to try to win this. The loser has to start a new party without the massive GOP infrastructure. That's huge and long-term lift.

All the Traditional Republicans need is to grow some balls and call the Trumpbot's bluff!

If Trumpbots primary Traditional Republicans, they'll be handing over a whole lot of elections to the Democrats.

If Traditional Republican face down the Trumpbots they'll continue to get elected - who else are the Trumpbots gonna vote for?
Well, 95% of the energy in the QGOP is with Trump and his approved Trumpster candidates. I don't know how the normal Republicans get nominated if they have Trumpster competition in the primaries. Holy crap, if it's a Republican vs. a Trumpster in a primary, the Republican is considered a freakin' commie. And, if they don't toe the line, they'll sure as hell be primaried.

By "normal" you mean servile establishment Republicans. They will never get nominated again, turd. Live with it. The purpose of the Republican party is not to serve the interests of the Democrat Reich.

Apparently you think that the purpose of the GOP is to worship a spoiled brat, narcissistic, traitorous, wanna be dictator.
Those are all lies, so your post is utterly pointless.

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

They are the best candidates for losing their seats. I will donate $100 to whoever opposes them in the primary, and even in the general election.
I wouldn't get off my bar stool to vote for either of those individuals. They just haven't earned my vote, haven't shown they can actually achieve victory.

I can see the Dem campaign showing clips of the January 5th riot on the Capitol when they go against trumpbots.

How does this get fixed? Not my problem. This is all on the GOPQ. They need to select the master they serve.....The constitution or trumpee....
The idea that NAZI turds like you give a shit about the Constitution doesn't pass the laugh test.

There's more to the U.S. Constitution than the second amendment, dumbass!

For example:

" The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President "

Who votes on who is the 'leader of the party'?

When is the election?

Is it for all Conservatives , just for official Republican voters, or just the republican politicians?

Is Cheney suggesting that Republican politician should not listen to / follow Trump and should follow someone else instead of listening to their constiuents?
- If she had represented her Constituents instead of voted her own personal bias / opinion maybe she would not have been Censured at home....

Last edited:

I can see the Dem campaign showing clips of the January 5th riot on the Capitol when they go against trumpbots.

How does this get fixed? Not my problem. This is all on the GOPQ. They need to select the master they serve.....The constitution or trumpee....
I'm not good a predictions, but yeah, they may pay for selling their soul like they have.

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

Fair enough, but what is their plan for leadership, vanquishing Sleepy Joe's minions, and implementing their policies?

Or is their Plan for the Party to be a lapdog "me-too" opposition party that doesn't intend to win?

If its the latter, why should they pursue Leadership in the first place?

The best they can do for the GOP is to run the Trump scum out of the party!

Who votes on who is the 'leader of the party'?

When is the election?

Is it for all Conservatives , jus tfor official Republican voters, or just the republican politicians?

Is Cheney suggesting that Republican politician should not listen to / follow Trump and should follow someone else instead of listening to their constiuents?
- If she had represented her Constituents instead of voted her own personal bias / opinion maybe she would not have been Censured at home....

Usually, when a candidate loses a Presidential election, they are no longer the 'leader' of their party. It would be up to the RNC to elect a new leader to serve until the next GOP candidate is nominated.

The idea that NAZI turds like you give a shit about the Constitution doesn't pass the laugh test.

There's more to the U.S. Constitution than the second amendment, dumbass!

For example:

" The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President "
No one said it was, NAZI. What's your point?

imo Cheney will be primaried in 22. And while Trumbots will lose elections in some districts, Wyoming won't be one of them. But maybe if the extremists persist in fealty to Trump the Emperor they will lose enough districts to allow the Dems to hold the House.

imo Cheney will be primaried in 22. And while Trumbots will lose elections in some districts, Wyoming won't be one of them. But maybe if the extremists persist in fealty to Trump the Emperor they will lose enough districts to allow the Dems to hold the House.
Any Republican who doesn't clearly and emphatically kiss the ring will be primaried. And if they are, they're in trouble right out of the gate. So is the GOPQ.

Well, sorry Liz, but maybe the problem is that you've assfucked your constituents with your love of Wall St. and globalism, which is not the foible of only one party, and people are sick of your 'solutions' as they aren't solutions for them, so they felt the need to try something else and that something else was Trump.

It's amazing to me that both parties cannot see that Trump was a result of decades of unrest, not some crazy snapshot in time. They created Trump, both sides of the aisle. He is a symbol of the unrest that has not gone away, as much as they'd both like to dance around and try to kill the idea by shitting on the symbol. That never works and it won't work here either.

The underpinnings of that unrest are very real and remain. There will be another Trump - and that is what really scares these people. He shook their absolute iron grip on power on both sides of the aisle and that scared the living hell out of them. Fuck them all, each and every one of the traitorous bastards. They did it through years of their own malfeasance and it was only a matter of time.

And Washington goes right back to screwing over the American people and selling us out to foreign countries.

Of course, the rest of this is simply a diversion. We saw it from the dems in 2016 so they wouldn't have to acknowledge their weaknesses and do something about them and now it's the pubs, neither wanting to change the game because they like it exactly how it is, as it buys those mansions and planes and yachts all while being 'public servants'. That is a load of shit from start to finish. They serve themselves and nobody else.

Well, sorry Liz, but maybe the problem is that you've assfucked your constituents with your love of Wall St. and globalism, which is not the foible of only one party, and people are sick of your 'solutions' as they aren't solutions for them, so they felt the need to try something else and that something else was Trump.

It's amazing to me that both parties cannot see that Trump was a result of decades of unrest, not some crazy snapshot in time. They created Trump, both sides of the aisle. He is a symbol of the unrest that has not gone away, as much as they'd both like to dance around and try to kill the idea by shitting on the symbol. That never works and it won't work here either.

The underpinnings of that unrest are very real and remain. There will be another Trump - and that is what really scares these people. He shook their absolute iron grip on power on both sides of the aisle and that scared the living hell out of them. Fuck them all, each and every one of the traitorous bastards. They did it through years of their own malfeasance and it was only a matter of time.
But your own posts illustrates why Trumpism cannot succeed. You post " There will be another Trump." Trump was about Trump. That's why he failed and why he tried an insurrection to retain power after voters kicked him out while voting for more republicans than democrats. Other "insurgents" who remade parties were not about themselves but about ideas. TR, FDR, Goldwater, Reagan.

No, Trump took advantage of a hole that still remains. Trump didn't invent anything. The next guy will come along and step neatly through that same hole because it still exists.

Any Republican who doesn't clearly and emphatically kiss the ring will be primaried. And if they are, they're in trouble right out of the gate. So is the GOPQ.
Yeah, I figure a lot depends on how the econ does (and will the Dems EVER pick a stimulus and just stick with it and pass it … they always do this shit and just debate shit to death and add and add and add till they get to Zero) and how they handle asking the Trump ass kissers in 22 "did you support Trump's speech leading to the insurrection?"

But your own posts illustrates why Trumpism cannot succeed. You post " There will be another Trump." Trump was about Trump. That's why he failed and why he tried an insurrection to retain power after voters kicked him out while voting for more republicans than democrats. Other "insurgents" who remade parties were not about themselves but about ideas. TR, FDR, Goldwater, Reagan.

No, Trump took advantage of a hole that still remains. Trump didn't invent anything. The next guy will come along and step neatly through that same hole because it still exists.
I didn't say he "invented" shit. He simply coopted inconstant issues to gain a following. He gave the gop elite exactly what they wanted and his idiot personality cult followers didn't even notice.

The issues remain.

I didn't say he "invented" shit. He simply coopted inconstant issues to gain a following. He gave the gop elite exactly what they wanted and his idiot personality cult followers didn't even notice.

The issues remain.

Of course they do and in that same year, 2016, Sanders gave Hillary a good run for her money and this last time looked like he was going to kick Biden into the gutter.

People are sick of the same old same old, and I think that's on both sides of the aisle. Both parties need to wake up to it instead of trying to shut it up, which is what they're both trying to do, IMO.

The issues remain.

Of course they do and in that same year, 2016, Sanders gave Hillary a good run for her money and this last time looked like he was going to kick Biden into the gutter.

People are sick of the same old same old, and I think that's on both sides of the aisle. Both parties need to wake up to it instead of trying to shut it up, which is what they're both trying to do, IMO.
It's just perception. Trump lost on the issue of his personality, and his personality being bigger than the issues. The dems will win in 24 if people think their lives are better …. or not.

The good thing it that imo no one is going to win on chanting "lock her up" or cozying up to white nationals.

LOL who's Liz Cheney? LOL

This is her last term in Congress

Adios!

Forum List

Back