Liz Cheney: Trump should not be leader of the Republican Party

Well, sorry Liz, but maybe the problem is that you've assfucked your constituents with your love of Wall St. and globalism, which is not the foible of only one party, and people are sick of your 'solutions' as they aren't solutions for them, so they felt the need to try something else and that something else was Trump.

It's amazing to me that both parties cannot see that Trump was a result of decades of unrest, not some crazy snapshot in time. They created Trump, both sides of the aisle. He is a symbol of the unrest that has not gone away, as much as they'd both like to dance around and try to kill the idea by shitting on the symbol. That never works and it won't work here either.

The underpinnings of that unrest are very real and remain. There will be another Trump - and that is what really scares these people. He shook their absolute iron grip on power on both sides of the aisle and that scared the living hell out of them. Fuck them all, each and every one of the traitorous bastards. They did it through years of their own malfeasance and it was only a matter of time.
But your own posts illustrates why Trumpism cannot succeed. You post " There will be another Trump." Trump was about Trump. That's why he failed and why he tried an insurrection to retain power after voters kicked him out while voting for more republicans than democrats. Other "insurgents" who remade parties were not about themselves but about ideas. TR, FDR, Goldwater, Reagan.

No, Trump took advantage of a hole that still remains. Trump didn't invent anything. The next guy will come along and step neatly through that same hole because it still exists.
I didn't say he "invented" shit. He simply coopted inconstant issues to gain a following. He gave the gop elite exactly what they wanted and his idiot personality cult followers didn't even notice.

The issues remain.

Of course they do and in that same year, 2016, Sanders gave Hillary a good run for her money and this last time looked like he was going to kick Biden into the gutter.

People are sick of the same old same old, and I think that's on both sides of the aisle. Both parties need to wake up to it instead of trying to shut it up, which is what they're both trying to do, IMO.
It's just perception. Trump lost on the issue of his personality, and his personality being bigger than the issues. The dems will win in 24 if people think their lives are better …. or not.

A lot of it was definitely perception. If Trump could have just shut his mouth he'd have cruised to a second Term. He sunk his own ass, IMO.

She is Right. The Republican Party needs to return to their political roots. trump does not represent those policies or ideals.

The fear comes when Republicans think of the possibility of losing trump supporters. Who are those supporters? Many are QAnon and outright racist. Does the GOP really want these moral degenerates in their party?
It's difficult to imagine Trump's influence on the party decreasing to any significant degree any time soon.

But I guess the normal Republicans have no choice but to try to win this. The loser has to start a new party without the massive GOP infrastructure. That's huge and long-term lift.

All the Traditional Republicans need is to grow some balls and call the Trumpbot's bluff!

If Trumpbots primary Traditional Republicans, they'll be handing over a whole lot of elections to the Democrats.

If Traditional Republican face down the Trumpbots they'll continue to get elected - who else are the Trumpbots gonna vote for?
Well, 95% of the energy in the QGOP is with Trump and his approved Trumpster candidates. I don't know how the normal Republicans get nominated if they have Trumpster competition in the primaries. Holy crap, if it's a Republican vs. a Trumpster in a primary, the Republican is considered a freakin' commie. And, if they don't toe the line, they'll sure as hell be primaried.

I don't know how that gets fixed.
I can see the Dem campaign showing clips of the January 5th riot on the Capitol when they go against trumpbots.

How does this get fixed? Not my problem. This is all on the GOPQ. They need to select the master they serve.....The constitution or trumpee....
The idea that NAZI turds like you give a shit about the Constitution doesn't pass the laugh test.

There's more to the U.S. Constitution than the second amendment, dumbass!

For example:

" The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President "
No one said it was, NAZI. What's your point?

No one said what was?

You seem to be getting more and more in coherent with every post.

She is Right. The Republican Party needs to return to their political roots. trump does not represent those policies or ideals.

The fear comes when Republicans think of the possibility of losing trump supporters. Who are those supporters? Many are QAnon and outright racist. Does the GOP really want these moral degenerates in their party?
It's difficult to imagine Trump's influence on the party decreasing to any significant degree any time soon.

But I guess the normal Republicans have no choice but to try to win this. The loser has to start a new party without the massive GOP infrastructure. That's huge and long-term lift.

All the Traditional Republicans need is to grow some balls and call the Trumpbot's bluff!

If Trumpbots primary Traditional Republicans, they'll be handing over a whole lot of elections to the Democrats.

If Traditional Republican face down the Trumpbots they'll continue to get elected - who else are the Trumpbots gonna vote for?
Well, 95% of the energy in the QGOP is with Trump and his approved Trumpster candidates. I don't know how the normal Republicans get nominated if they have Trumpster competition in the primaries. Holy crap, if it's a Republican vs. a Trumpster in a primary, the Republican is considered a freakin' commie. And, if they don't toe the line, they'll sure as hell be primaried.

I can see the Dem campaign showing clips of the January 5th riot on the Capitol when they go against trumpbots.

How does this get fixed? Not my problem. This is all on the GOPQ. They need to select the master they serve.....The constitution or trumpee....
The idea that NAZI turds like you give a shit about the Constitution doesn't pass the laugh test.

For example:

" The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President "

No one said what was?

Well....when someone drinks 24/7 to take away the pain of a devastating election loss...the mind becomes mush.

For example:

No one said what was?

Well....when someone drinks 24/7 to take away the pain of a devastating election loss...the mind becomes mush.
The election reduced me to soap operas. First Virgin River. Second Bridgerton. I think I may start up with Schitt's Creek where I left off mid-way through season 2.

For example:

No one said what was?

You're not as stupid as you pretend to be.

Who should lead the GOP, if not Trump?

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

The Low Energy Bush Family?

GOP Titular Leader Colon Powell?

Kasich?

Its great she has this idea of purging the 75 Deplorable Chumps from the GOP, but the broad doesn't have a clue on how to vanquish Sleepy Joe and the Marxists.

Right now it looks like Senator Sasse or Congresswoman Cheney are the GOP's best candidates for leadership.

Fair enough, but what is their plan for leadership, vanquishing Sleepy Joe's minions, and implementing their policies?

Or is their Plan for the Party to be a lapdog "me-too" opposition party that doesn't intend to win?

If its the latter, why should they pursue Leadership in the first place?

The best they can do for the GOP is to run the Trump scum out of the party!

How does that help to reach the goal of Vanquishing the Bidenists and their fellow travelers?

Or , is the goal of the GOP in your opinion , isn't to actually win elections and implement policies- but to be "respectable" losers?

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

Its great she has this idea of purging the 75 Deplorable Chumps from the GOP, but the broad doesn't have a clue on how to vanquish Sleepy Joe and the Marxists.

Right now it looks like Senator Sasse or Congresswoman Cheney are the GOP's best candidates for leadership.

Fair enough, but what is their plan for leadership, vanquishing Sleepy Joe's minions, and implementing their policies?

Or is their Plan for the Party to be a lapdog "me-too" opposition party that doesn't intend to win?

How does that help to reach the goal of Vanquishing the Bidenists and their fellow travelers?

Or , is the goal of the GOP in your opinion , isn't to actually win elections and implement policies- but to be "respectable" losers?

Traditional Republicans have been a viable political party for over a hundred years.

Trump won one and only one election - and only with Russia's help. His party lost in 2018 and was slaughtered in 2020. He is a loser and those that support him are losers.

If the GOP ever wants to regain control of ANY of the three branches of government, they'd better get rid of Trump and his dumbass minions.

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

Traditional Republicans have been a viable political party for over a hundred years.

Trump won one and only one election - and only with Russia's help. His party lost in 2018 and was slaughtered in 2020. He is a loser and those that support him are losers.

If the GOP ever wants to regain control of ANY of the three branches of government, they'd better get rid of Trump and his dumbass minions.

What do you think that Flake or Romney or Cheney could say to Liberals and Moderates to get them to vote "Republican" in sufficient numbers to schlong Sleepy Joe and the Hoe? After all, telling the 75 million Little Trumpsters to "get lost" creates a pretty big hole to dig out of?

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

I think they can give enough lip service to issues like illegal immigration embrace Trumpism while avoiding the QAnon shit. That really was mostly about Trump whining how the election was "stolen." Hopefully covid will at least be contained enough just by the vaccines to not cause superspreader stuff from bat shit crazy fuckistahns like South Dakota into normal places where people continue to wear masks and not get in each others' faces.

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

What do you think that Flake or Romney or Cheney could say to Liberals and Moderates to get them to vote "Republican" in sufficient numbers to schlong Sleepy Joe and the Hoe? After all, telling the 75 million Little Trumpsters to "get lost" creates a pretty big hole to dig out of?

The same things that Ronald Reagan, G.B. Bush & G.W. Bush said.

BTW - There aren't 75 million Trumpsters - there are probably not more than 15 million.

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

BTW - There aren't 75 million Trumpsters - there are probably not more than 15 million.

so you think that the election results were wrong?

Let’s be honest here: If Liz Cheney is for something, that should give anyone pause to be like, ‘well, then I probably should be against it'

Her?

Loser Mitt Romney?

Kasich?

so you think that the election results were wrong?

I believe that there's no way more people voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016...so yes, I believe that there was massive fraud done in Republican electoral districts to inflate the number of Republican votes. I believe that everything that Trumpsters accuse democrats of doing were actually being done by Republicans.

And still Trump LOST!!!

The GOP spent five decades inadvertently creating these QAnons, but the outright racists were always part of their plan. So, it's accept the Qanon problems that resulted from their political handiwork, or, risk losing a significant portion of their base.

I am not sure Q was inadvertently created. I wonder if the Russia factor and Q are not tied together somehow.
The GOP's decades mentally conditioning their base created the mindset in them that opened the door for the Q nonsense. And, like the exploitation of their base's ethnic resentments turned it to racist extremism, the Republican Party's strategy to consistently feed the right-wingers' paranoia and sense of being perpetually victimized, enabled their eager acceptance of every bizarre conspiracy theory that reinforces that paranoia and the belief in their own victimization. Which have been featured in articles by experts in the field of mental illness for decades, explaining the GOP's culpability.

What happened on January 6th has been predicted by many long before the attempted coup.

The GOP spent five decades inadvertently creating these QAnons, but the outright racists were always part of their plan. So, it's accept the Qanon problems that resulted from their political handiwork, or, risk losing a significant portion of their base.

I am not sure Q was inadvertently created. I wonder if the Russia factor and Q are not tied together somehow.
The GOP's decades mentally conditioning their base created the mindset in them that opened the door for the Q nonsense. And, like the exploitation of their base's ethnic resentments turned it to racist extremism, the Republican Party's strategy to consistently feed the right-wingers' paranoia and sense of being perpetually victimized, enabled their eager acceptance of every bizarre conspiracy theory that reinforces that paranoia and the belief in their own victimization. Which have been featured in articles by experts in the field of mental illness for decades, explaining the GOP's culpability.

What happened on January 6th has been predicted by many long before the attempted coup.

Democrat Reich talking points.

Only the gullible are fooled.

Quoting a member of the evil Cheney family when it suits you. LOL

Sad when some one posts that they do not even want to hear what she said on fox. She has been a leading member of the Republican party & has voted with her party 85% of the time in the last 4 years. Heaven forbid we elect any one as a Republican that thinks of what is best for party & Country not just dogma.

Sad when some one posts that they do not even want to hear what she said on fox. She has been a leading member of the Republican party & has voted with her party 85% of the time in the last 4 years. Heaven forbid we elect any one as a Republican that thinks of what is best for party & Country not just dogma.
The other 15% are the times it really mattered. She's a back stabbing piece of shit.

Forum List

Back