Liz Cheney says Trump appears to have been ‘personally involved in planning’ 6 Jan insurrection

Well, this might disappoint you, but I am not an intransigent fool like you. If nothing is there, nothing is there. So be it. I won't have a year-long tantrum over it.
LOL...you won't be able to help yourself, Fort! You'll eat up every yummy bite of the bullshit that committee is dishing out and trot right over to your computer to push the narrative they want you to. Then when the mid terms are over and the Democrats have taken a savage beating...they'll give up trying to divert attention from how bad they're handling things and you'll be here trying to explain what went wrong. Have fun...

ThisIsMe wrote: Do you believe the democrats are capable of being completely objective and unbiased? 21OCT27-POST#423

NFBW wrote: What do you, ThisIsMe , think of these facts and timeline. Are you impressed with DJT’s conduct as POTUS when his VP and Members of Congress, their staff and Police Officers were attacked by the mob that DJT helped incite? 21OCT27-POST#427

“”” (DoD Memo) 1:26 p.m.: The Capitol Police orders the evacuation of the Capitol complex.

(DoD Memo) 1:49 p.m.: The Capitol Police chief asks the commanding general of the DC National Guard for immediate assistance.

Also at 1:49 p.m.: Trump retweets a video of the rally, which includes his previous statements that: "our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that's what this is all about. To use a favorite term that all of you came up with, we will stop the steal. . . You'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

2:11 p.m.: Trump's mob breaches the Capitol building – breaking windows, climbing inside, and opening doors for others to follow.
2:13 p.m.: Pence suddenly leaves the Senate floor and is moved to a nearby office.

During the attack: Among the members of Congress appealing directly to Trump for help is House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA). According to a later statement from Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA), "When McCarthy finally reached the president on January 6 and asked him to publicly and forcefully call off the riot, the president initially repeated the falsehood that it was antifa that had breached the Capitol. McCarthy refuted that and told the president that these were Trump supporters. That's when, according to McCarthy, the president said: 'Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are.'" [Emphasis in original]

2:24 p.m.: Trump tweets: "Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!"

2:26 p.m.: While the senators are in a temporary holding room after the Senate chamber is evacuated, Trump tries to call Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), but mistakenly reaches Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), who hands the phone to Tuberville. Trump then tries to convince Tuberville to make additional objections to the Electoral College vote in an effort to block Congress' certification of Biden's win.

2:52 p.m.: The first FBI SWAT team enters the Capitol.

4:17 p.m.: Trump tweets a video telling rioters, "I know your pain, I know you're hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side… It's a very tough period of time. There's never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us — from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You're very special. You've seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil." “””
Are you impressed with DJT’s conduct as POTUS

Generally, no. I was never a fan of trump. I didn't think he conducted himself "presidentially" and I think he was a bit self centered (but let's be honest, what politician isn't a bit self centered?)

I'd not consider myself a never Trumper, because I did like that he was not establishment, and I didn't think Hillary should have won. I personally would have liked to see someone else win, but we got what we got.

when his VP and Members of Congress, their staff and Police Officers were attacked by the mob that DJT helped incite?

So, here we are with presupposition. This is what the committee is currently investigating, but you, and many lefties already seem to know the answers, so, why then are they even investigating?

Is Trump guilty of rhetoric? Yup, but I can point you to several videos and audio clips of lefties engaging in the same thing, only they were ACTUALLY calling for action, something Trump never did. He might have used some rhetoric and claimed the election was stolen, maybe because he actually believed that. He did say they were going to go to the capitol and peacefully protest, at no time did Trump, or anyone in his company suggest that anyone become violent and break in to the capitol.

You want to take clips of different speeches and then put them together and say "see, he incited". You would have to believe that Trump systematically prodded those people, over the course of several weeks, in the hopes that, without him ever actually saying it, that they would take some subliminal queue, without any planning or coordination, that they would collectively launch an assault on the capitol with the intent of killing pence and others. That's a pretty far stretch there.

We will not take it anymore and that's what this is all about. To use a favorite term that all of you came up with, we will stop the steal. . . You'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

Again, you are supposing that Trump called for the attack and are using any key words like "strong" and "fight" as proof to say "see, look he is talking about fighting!". First, many politicians use those words, all the time. Just because someone says "you have to show strength" doesn't mean they are talking about physical strength. They could be talking about strength of character. The leftists, however, don't want to see that because they already have made up their mind, Trump HAS to be guilty, so everything he said points to guilt.

Now, with the rest of it, I'll agree with you, he should have called it off right away. If he was watching what was happening in real time, he should have called for then to stop, but that doesn't mean he was the one who told them to do it.

By the way, there is emerging evidence that there were agitators in the crowd trying to whip up the crowd, and even those in the crowd rejecting it. We will have to see where that all goes.

Anyway, we have a congressional committe in the process of doing an investigation to find out what happened...but you folks here seemed to already know. Heck, maybe Pelosi should have just come to USMB and they would have it all solved already..

Having said all of that, as I've said repeatedly, I'm waiting to see what the committee comes back with. I suspect they will come back with a bunch of circumstantial evidence and a lot of out of context stuff. However, IF they surprise me and actually come back with concrete evidence that Trump and company planned, organized and gave the order for that riot to happen, then I'm in your corner.

Not so. Don't start making stuff up, now.

"The proposed commission was modeled on the one established to investigate the 9/11 terror attacks, with 10 commissioners — five Democrats and five Republicans — who would have subpoena powers. A Democratic chair and Republican vice chair would have had to approve all subpoenas with a final report due at the end of the year."

Even if true, it is irrelevant. That has no bearing on the facts. You can make up your own mind about the facts.

You are trying to squirm and equivocate. You don't want them to find the facts. Just admit it.

Sure, my mistake, they should have taken advantage of the original commission idea, kudos for reminding me of that.

Even if true, it is irrelevant.

I understand, again, you don't want to look at all of the facts, only the ones supportive of a guilty verdict.

You mean one OTHER than the one the FBI conducted that didn't find any connection at all between the Trump White House and the riot?
Yeah, but that investigation didn't conclude with the results they wanted, so they have to dispose of those facts, and start a new investigation. This time, they will get a guilty verdict, so those will be the facts they are looking for!

If Joe Biden assembled, goaded, encouraged, and direct a violent attack on the Capitol of the United States that injured 140 uniformed police, and vandalized our People's House......you can bet your sweet keister that I'd want an investigation by whoever is qualified and authorized to investigate.
If that happens, I'm all for an investigation.
Wouldn't you be too?
And you have proof of all of these things?

And you are telling me, that if it was a republican committee, investigating Biden, you'd be ok with that? You trust the Republicans that much that you'd be comfortable letting them run with an investigation like that?

Last edited:
Well, there never really was a bipartisan offer. Even in that case it would have been a majority Democrat commission which means the repubs would have been overruled on everything anyway. That arrangement is kind of like 2 wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.

This committee doesn't have 2 repubs on it. It has 2 rinos. Pelosi rejected McCarthys choices for the committee, but she sure was quite OK allowing 2 republicans, both who voted to impeach Trump.

This committee is far from being impartial, which is required if you are trying to investigate someone.
You're an idiot... a commission of 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans is not a Democrat-led commission. You must be a rightwinger.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Well gee whiz...if Hillary hadn't hidden those servers and destroyed all those emails...if she'd actually cooperated with the Congressional investigation...MAYBE IT WOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN ALL THAT TIME AND ALL THAT MONEY!!!

But then again...we'd probably have had that disgusting woman in the Oval Office. Isn't Karma a wonderful thing! :)
What did she hide?? She was investigated 8 times and nothing was found.

LOL...you won't be able to help yourself, Fort! You'll eat up every yummy bite of the bullshit that committee is dishing out and trot right over to your computer to push the narrative they want you to. Then when the mid terms are over and the Democrats have taken a savage beating...they'll give up trying to divert attention from how bad they're handling things and you'll be here trying to explain what went wrong. Have fun...
If you spent half as much energy on learning and knowing things as you do prancing and dancing and preening, you wouldn't have said so many dumb and false things in this thread.

Yes, i understand that you only want certain facts to come to light
Why is that? Be specific. Go on, tell me about myself.

Seems to me you are the one who DOESN'T want certain facts to come out. I can't control which facts come out. The select committee can. The GOP rejected the bipartisan committee. Whose fault is that? Their fault.

NFBW wrote: What do you, ThisIsMe , think of these facts and timeline. Are you impressed with DJT’s conduct as POTUS when his VP and Members of Congress, their staff and Police Officers were attacked by the mob that DJT helped incite? 21OCT27-POST#427

ThisIsMe wrote: Generally, no. I was never a fan of trump. 21OCT27-POST#464

NFBW wrote: Why, “generally”? Why no judgment on DJT’s conduct specifically in that timeline of those four hours on Jan6 when there was a real attempt by the loser of the 2020 Presidential election to unconstitutionally make himself the winner based on his fabulously unAmerican big lie that he really won it but it was stolen. DJT’s attempt failed because Pence refused to do it. But the plan and intent and the BIG LIE were there. Those three fuels helped to incite the violence that was recorded that day. And in the midst of that incendiary assault on our democracy DJT Tweets from the security of the White House to his crazed mob of MAGA Patriots rioting inside the CAPITOL where Pence and his family were in danger - DJT tweets to his stop the steal supporters / that Mike Pence is a coward - for not stopping the steal !!!!! And what is your - ThisIsMe take on that DJT tweet / “Generally, no. I was never a fan of trump.” What do you want - a Brownie Button” an atta boy? 21OCT28-POST#473

Last edited:
ThisIsMe wrote: Even if trump had intended to rile up the crowd, there is no evidence of him ever telling those people to go break in to the capitol. 21AUG05-POST#129

NFBW wrote: Why don’t you accept the FACT or acknowledge that it is true, that it was DJT’s BIG LIE (that the election was STOLEN from poor victim DJT) is the indisputable sole reason for DJT’s STOP THE STEAL rally and riot on JAN6. No BIG LIE no Big RIOT. The BIG LIE incited the riot. DJT is the BIG LIE’s liar. DJT being the cause is responsible for the effect. 21OCT28-POST#474

ThisIsMe wrote: In the second impeachment, again, you took circumstance and used it as the basis for impeachment. You omitted "peacefully and patriotically", and pasted a bunch of unrelated statements together to fabricate a narrative. 21AUG05-POST#129

NFBW wrote: DJT considers the rioters to be Patriots who love America like Ashley Babbitt on his side while much fewer on the other side of Ashley Babbitt don’t love America. 21OCT28-POST#475

“”” "If this happened to the 'other side,' there would be riots all over America, and yet there are far more people represented by Ashli, who truly loved America, than there are on the other side." “”” 21AUG11-DJT-aBABBITT-martyr

I can't control which facts come out. The select committee can
Exactly, that's been my point all along. They will only allow the evidence that supports their predisposed agenda to be divulged. Anything that might paint Trump in a positive way will never see the light of day.

ThisIsMe wrote: Generally, no. I was never a fan of trump. 21OCT27-POST#464

NFBW wrote: Why, “generally”? Why no judgment on DJT’s conduct specifically in that timeline of those four hours on Jan6 when there was a real attempt by the loser of the 2020 Presidential election to unconstitutionally make himself the winner based on his fabulously unAmerican big lie that he really won it but it was stolen. DJT’s attempt failed because Pence refused to do it. But the plan and intent and the BIG LIE were there. Those three fuels helped to incite the violence that was recorded that day. And in the midst of that incendiary assault on our democracy DJT Tweets from the security of the White House to his crazed mob of MAGA Patriots rioting inside the CAPITOL where Pence and his family were in danger - DJT tweets to his stop the steal supporters / that Mike Pence is a coward - for not stopping the steal !!!!! And what is your - ThisIsMe take on that DJT tweet / “Generally, no. I was never a fan of trump.” What do you want - a Brownie Button” an atta boy? 21OCT28-POST#473
Why no judgment on DJT’s conduct specifically in that timeline of those four hours on Jan6 when there was a real attempt by the loser of the 2020 Presidential election to unconstitutionally make himself the winner based on his fabulously unAmerican big lie that he really won it but it was stolen.

So, you call it "the big lie". That's the catch phrase the left started throwing around soon after all this happened. Of course, the left would cling to it, their man was the one going to the white house, but that doesn't mean it was "a big lie", perhaps "a big misunderstanding" would be a more apt phrase.

Millions of Republican voters actually think the election was stolen, probably including Trump. Doesn't mean it was a lie, they just didn't like what they saw.

I agree, if trumps intent was to have pence de certify the election, that wasn't a good idea, they should have gone through the courts.

They were trying to get pence to send new slates of electors right? Remember when all these states were entering into that national vote compact? You know, the one where these states would give their electoral votes to the national popular vote, regardless of how their state voted? That was kind of the same thing that Trump was trying to pull, but leftists defended that voting compact as saying it was the right thing to do.

ThisIsMe wrote: Even if trump had intended to rile up the crowd, there is no evidence of him ever telling those people to go break in to the capitol. 21AUG05-POST#129

NFBW wrote: Why don’t you accept the FACT or acknowledge that it is true, that it was DJT’s BIG LIE (that the election was STOLEN from poor victim DJT) is the indisputable sole reason for DJT’s STOP THE STEAL rally and riot on JAN6. No BIG LIE no Big RIOT. The BIG LIE incited the riot. DJT is the BIG LIE’s liar. DJT being the cause is responsible for the effect. 21OCT28-POST#474
So, you have me at a disadvantage here because you are quoting posts from August from another thread, and I'm posting from my phone, there is no link to click so I can go back and read my old post and understand what context I was posting in.

For the general theme of your post, I just responded that might address what you wrote here, but, again, I keep seeing these posts that exclaim the posters know what happened, they already have all the evidence. If that's the case, then why the committee? If it's all already out there and case closed, then then need to stop wasting time and refer it to doj.

ThisIsMe wrote: Remember when all these states were entering into that national vote compact? You know, the one where these states would give their electoral votes to the national popular vote, regardless of how their state voted? 21OCT28-POST#464

NFBW wrote: No. Please provide a few clues. I don’t believe however that it has anything to do with election law, the Constitution or State law or why DJT actual lost the Electoral College vote in 2020 or why trying change the way the winner is decided after losing would be ok with an American who believes in Democracy. You can clarify the latter as well or we can write that point off as meaningless chatter just as well. 21OCT28-POST#480

Forum List

Back