Liz Cheney voted out of GOP leadership position

IMHO, she was too much of a distraction at a time when the GOP needs to be united against Biden and the democrats. She just wouldn't STFU, and she voted with the democrats to impeach Trump; there's nothing wrong with opposing somebody even in your own party, but for her it felt like a holy crusade against Trump. Assuming she runs for re-election, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Then there's this:

More than 100 Republicans will sign a letter Thursday threatening to create a third party if the GOP doesn't "break" with former President Trump, Reuters first reported.
Why it matters: Per Axios' Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei, Trump's grip on the GOP has gotten stronger since the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. The Republican Party's "allegiance to Trump" as he continues to make false claims about his 2020 election loss has "dismayed" the group, according to Reuters.
Stay on top of the latest market trends and economic insights with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free

• Per the New York Times, the letter's preamble will state, "When in our democratic republic, forces of conspiracy, division, and despotism arise, it is the patriotic duty of citizens to act collectively in defense of liberty and justice."
  • The letter is due to be released one day after House Republicans are expected to vote on ousting Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from her position as conference chair.

For the record: The letter's signatories include former "governors, members of Congress, ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, state legislators and Republican Party chairmen," per the Times, citing co-organizer Miles Taylor.
What they're saying: "This is us saying that ... the situation has gotten so dire with the Republican Party that it is now time to seriously consider whether an alternative might be the only option, said Taylor, the Trump-era Department of Homeland Security official who wrote an anonymous NYT op-ed on the administration.

• Taylor also tweeted: "My philosophy on GOP extremists: if you won't join 'em, beat 'em. Come fight with us."
The other side: Jason Miller, a spokesperson for Trump, tweeted: "These losers left the Republican Party when they voted for Joe Biden."

Whoa. Tough times for the GOP, a split in the party makes it really hard to beat the democrats, no?
ou5za6ys5qy61.jpg

You don't have to like Trump to be a Trump supporter.

She had been wandering off the trail for quite some time.

I think they just got fed up.
Disagreeing with Trump on policy is one thing.
Siding with Pelosi and her jackals and voting to impeach is another. That's unforgivable.
Is there a conflict between Cheney and Trump? I don't see one. Cheney is expendable. Trump is not!

Trump is already a goner. Dead man walking!

Cheney didn't side with Pelosi in the impeachment vote, she sided with Truth, America, Democracy, and the Constitution.

Once the Trumpbots get shallacked in 2022, expect 'Cheney 2024'!!!

Look at you whoring for Dick Cheney's daughter and billionaire corporate CEOs.

LOL!

Only `a person with the self respect of a slug believes that supporting a truthful person is 'whoring'.

You don't see the humor in you slutting it up for Dick Cheney and his fellow billionaires? I think it's hilarious. We know who you really are now.
I don't categorically support or disparage anyone. When they're right and when they're truthful I support them, otherwise I don't.

In general, I don't support Liz Chaney, but in regards to this issue, I do support her.

Is that too complicated for your tiny weeny little brain?

It's too crazy. An elected republican congresswoman who declares war on the former (republican) president while the current (democrat) president leads the Country down the drain. She needs to resign from congress and find some storefront where she can try to recruit fools like herself for a 3rd party.

Yeah, but here's my fear: as noted in the OP, if there is a split in the GOP between the anti-Trumpers and everyone else in the party, what does that do to the chances of removing the democrats from power? I believe the difference between wining and losing these days is pretty damn slim, look how close it was in those half-dozen of so states that cost Trump the election. Whether it was legit or not, I wouldn't bet the rent that if he runs Trump would win without support from the entire Republican Party.

That environment has been developing since the 1960's; it isn't going to change between one election and another. Trump influences a lot of protest votes, and there is no GOP victory without him or someone like him who doesn't owe the Party hacks or Wall Street or the Davos Set a damn thing. He just ran on the GOP ticket in one primary, because it was the one he could get on; the Democrats have their top Cadre gangsters as a gang of 'super delegates' designed specifically to keep the uppity proles from nominating somebody like Trump after the uppity proles kept nominating populists like McGovern and Carter kept upsetting the northeastern elites by winning the nominations over their choices is all. We will probably see the GOP establishment do something along the same lines soon; they don't like uppity proles either.

Siding with Pelosi and her jackals and voting to impeach is another. That's unforgivable.
Is there a conflict between Cheney and Trump? I don't see one. Cheney is expendable. Trump is not!

Cheney didn't side with Pelosi in the impeachment vote, she sided with Truth, America, Democracy, and the Constitution.

LOL!
Same when John Bolton attacked Trump.
Then he became the darling of the Left.

All you have to do to be a darling of the left is oppose your own party. RINOs are very good for that.

Democrats all but wanted to jump into the casket with John McCain, so they each gave him a quickie blow job thanking him on his way to the cemetery.

LOL!

Only `a person with the self respect of a slug believes that supporting a truthful person is 'whoring'.

You don't see the humor in you slutting it up for Dick Cheney and his fellow billionaires? I think it's hilarious. We know who you really are now.
I don't categorically support or disparage anyone. When they're right and when they're truthful I support them, otherwise I don't.

In general, I don't support Liz Chaney, but in regards to this issue, I do support her.

Is that too complicated for your tiny weeny little brain?

^^^This post makes Dick Cheney smile

1000x-1.jpg

He didn't just start... he's always been a mealy mouthed little neocon. He's 100% pure establishment, and he should be getting his ass kicked down the road right beside that retarded bitch Cheney.

That link must have caused half of Trump's 100 million supporters to swallow their tongues!
25 million at the most right now and losing

LOL!

They don't see the humor or the irony because they are humorless and do it all the time....They're fool enough to believe that the people they want to wipe out, should be interested in their opinions about how they need to run their affairs.

If it's one thing Republicans know and knows it well, is cancel culture.

That far rightwing warmonger's ass is cancelled and I love it!

tenor.gif

#LOLQOP #TooFunny #QLASSIC

It's too crazy. An elected republican congresswoman who declares war on the former (republican) president while the current (democrat) president leads the Country down the drain. She needs to resign from congress and find some storefront where she can try to recruit fools like herself for a 3rd party.
She's taking big corporate money with her.
The Republican party must have known that this wasn't a good time to challenge her conservative prinicples.
or
Maybe they saw it as the opportunity to have a reason to desert Trump as he goes off the deep end in Florida.

Who is a strong enough conservative voice that can stop Biden from taking America down the drain? Trump or Liz?
Trump is the party. Get over it.

IMHO, she was too much of a distraction at a time when the GOP needs to be united against Biden and the democrats. She just wouldn't STFU, and she voted with the democrats to impeach Trump; there's nothing wrong with opposing somebody even in your own party, but for her it felt like a holy crusade against Trump. Assuming she runs for re-election, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Then there's this:

More than 100 Republicans will sign a letter Thursday threatening to create a third party if the GOP doesn't "break" with former President Trump, Reuters first reported.
Why it matters: Per Axios' Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei, Trump's grip on the GOP has gotten stronger since the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. The Republican Party's "allegiance to Trump" as he continues to make false claims about his 2020 election loss has "dismayed" the group, according to Reuters.
Stay on top of the latest market trends and economic insights with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free

• Per the New York Times, the letter's preamble will state, "When in our democratic republic, forces of conspiracy, division, and despotism arise, it is the patriotic duty of citizens to act collectively in defense of liberty and justice."
  • The letter is due to be released one day after House Republicans are expected to vote on ousting Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from her position as conference chair.

For the record: The letter's signatories include former "governors, members of Congress, ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, state legislators and Republican Party chairmen," per the Times, citing co-organizer Miles Taylor.
What they're saying: "This is us saying that ... the situation has gotten so dire with the Republican Party that it is now time to seriously consider whether an alternative might be the only option, said Taylor, the Trump-era Department of Homeland Security official who wrote an anonymous NYT op-ed on the administration.

• Taylor also tweeted: "My philosophy on GOP extremists: if you won't join 'em, beat 'em. Come fight with us."
The other side: Jason Miller, a spokesperson for Trump, tweeted: "These losers left the Republican Party when they voted for Joe Biden."

Whoa. Tough times for the GOP, a split in the party makes it really hard to beat the democrats, no?

She was not a distraction. She refused to go along with the big lie. This will have consequenceas for the Republican Party. It will chase away more suburban women. Meghan McCain is a perfect example. She has gone along with Republicans against Biden but she accepts Biden's win and the fact that Trump was responsible for the attack on the capitol. She is being told to get out and you are a loser. Pretty bold stament from a loser like Trump.

LOL!

Right now there are no truthful persons in politics. You really need to snap out of it and face reality.

Then there's this:

Fairly obvious that those 100 jerk-offs were the "swamp" we heard so much about. Ass-sitters who go ape shit at the prospect of "change".....drives their lazy assess the wall.

Attachments

• tempImageckZ5qw.png
    tempImageckZ5qw.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 11

LOL!

Right now there are no truthful persons in politics. You really need to snap out of it and face reality.

I don't know, Richard-H seems convinced Dick Cheney's daughter and her billionaire friends are telling the gospel truth.

LOL

Forum List

Back