Live from the protests in Berkeley

These protesters are surely going to become hard working, law abiding, productive members of society!

Since many of them are students at one of the best Universities in the country, you're probably right.

These days...Ivy League grads are working at Old Navy at the mall. College degree doesnt mean shit anymore.

They'll graduate with 100k in debt and no work ethic or respect for authority. EXACTLY what corporate America wants!

I doubt any students will leave Cal with $100K debt, since tuition at Cal is less than $15K a semester.

But tuition is hardly the ONLY cost of going to college

Cost of Attendance UC Berkeley Office of Undergraduate Admissions

I know a couple that rented a 600 sq ft bungalow in Berkeley, close to campus. 2K per month.
It's ridiculous. Parking is crazy and if you want to live close and walk, rents are out of reach.

They get you one way or the other.

These protesters are surely going to become hard working, law abiding, productive members of society!

Since many of them are students at one of the best Universities in the country, you're probably right.

These days...Ivy League grads are working at Old Navy at the mall. College degree doesnt mean shit anymore.

They'll graduate with 100k in debt and no work ethic or respect for authority. EXACTLY what corporate America wants!

I doubt any students will leave Cal with $100K debt, since tuition at Cal is less than $15K a semester.

I know a couple that rented a 600 sq ft bungalow in Berkeley, close to campus. 2K per month.

Yeah, it's an expensive town. That's why I live in Oakland.

Good Lord

When they moved, they had an open house, it was like a bidding war. They heard it went to a couple that bid $2250 a month

I actually stayed a week in one of those monsters in the Berkely hills. Looked online at it's appraised value. Several million. Where I live, it would be 500K tops. But the view was spectacular.

It's ridiculous. Parking is crazy and if you want to live close and walk, rents are out of reach.

And 30 miles inland and the cost seem dirt cheap

I have kin in Alameda. They can have it.

Been there too, not even close. I swear, watching the fog roll in over the Golden Gate Bridge, San Fran to the left, Alcatraz sitting there, from the Berkely hills. It's freaking heaven.

Been there too, not even close. I swear, watching the fog roll in over the Golden Gate Bridge, San Fran to the left, Alcatraz sitting there, from the Berkely hills. It's freaking heaven.

I have a view of the bay and the bridges from my apartment in Oakland, too. Not as good as from the Hills, but it's still very nice.

IF I were going to live in California again ( I was born in San Gabriel and lived all over southern Ca as a child) it would have to be in San Diego.

I have a view of the bay and the bridges from my apartment in Oakland, too. Not as good as from the Hills, but it's still very nice.

I envy you Sir!

I envy you Sir!

Can't see shit today though, there's a huge storm coming in.

Not anymore. Starting in the 1990's the Tracy, Brentwood, Disco Bay area was already getting pricey.

Alameda's actually pretty nice. I love the antique fair they hold there every month. I have a lot of friends on the PD there as well.

Remember folks,
-Don't point a gun or a toy gun at the police
-Don't attempt to grab a officer's gun

Just follow the law and don't be dumb. I understand cops do bad things at times, but this is a very small number of them. It is a thousand times worse without them.

Even Rand Paul acknowledges the FBI records that black men are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than whites. He wrote an op-ed in Time about it.
Join those of us here in reality. It will only hurt for a little while.

Analysis shows young black men are 21 times more likely than whites to be killed by police
Analysis shows young black men are 21 times more likely than whites to be killed by police

""....The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police."""

I was just now watching Bill Orielly, and he had two black guest on talking with him about this same thing, but here is the deal or my opinion if you will.. I think that Blacks for some reason or another, don't want to admit to how much bad goes on within their own communities, and to why it is that they are policed far more greater than other races because of this bad, and that they have been trained or brainwashed by their elders that it is all whitey's fault that they can't control this bad that goes on within them or within their communities, and so it is whitey's fault that they kill each other by the thousands in these communities, and that is what is being taught to them.

Take a typical white community in this nation, and this is where average working class poor white people live (not the Hamptons), and then ask yourself what kind of neighborhood was it, and how unsafe was it to grow up in it maybe now or back in the day ? Then think about what you know or learn about these black communities, and then think about the way Hollywood has portrayed them even to this day, and then think about the crime statistics in these communities, and then look at what goes on in these communities. Now truly ask yourself is this any of whitey's fault this bad that goes on within these communities ?

I remember being poor as a white kid, and living in white communities that were poor as well, but I don't ever remember whites acting like this when I was young, and even to this day I don't see whites acting like this in the poor white communities that are left, but I tell ya what though, poor working class white communities are almost no more, because the government has successfully mixed in with them (paying the rent for so many to move around now), all sorts of anti-white and non-white people to now live in and amongst the poor whites in these communities, so getting real hard stats from such a mixed community doesn't even exist anymore when it comes to determining what is causing the neighborhood to fail or who is causing the neighborhood to fail or why is the community failing? However, there are still majority black communities that do exist, (inner cities and etc.) and in them we are finding some real solid facts and stats still, and they are facts and stats that are hard for the blacks to defend against, but they do defend by blaming whitey every time it seems.. Now how long is it going to be acceptable to blame whitey in this nation is what I want to know, because that horse is getting a little bit tired of being beat on already wouldn't you think ?

I am also offended that Barack Insane Obama thinks that only whites can be racist in this nation, when in fact blacks can be even bigger racist in this nation, and I have seen this plenty of times myself when growing up.

True stories - I went over to a friends house who was black when I was a kid, and he had to explain to me why his brother didn't like me because I was white ? I knew nothing about racism or what it was at the time. It was sad. I still never let it get to me though, and we were great friends regardless of what his idiot brother thought. I also was miss-treated on the school bus by blacks when I was young, but I blamed the ones who miss-treated me, and not the whole race. I was attacked by blacks at the school I went to, in which was a majority black school that the whites had to attend under the new desegregation program. We became the minority and were miss-treated there, and we were not taught well there by the majority black teachers or staff who were given the task to teach us there upon arrival. I remember going to a class where the teacher had absolutely no control over of the class room, and he told the kids for the ones who wanted to learn, just pull your seat up close to my desk, and for the rest of you, well you can just act like idiots all you want and many did. The principle had to come to the room a few times, but nothing never happened. I remember being given a book with the answers in it, just so we could pass the test at the end of the semesters or quarters. I remember wrestling with a friend of mine in the school yard, when all of a sudden my head went numb and my ears began to ring or whistle. What had happened was a black girl came up and hit me with a book satchel full of books from behind for some reason, and I had to go to the nurses station to get my head looked at because it was bleeding afterwards.

The sacrifices that were made for all this to get right somehow were many, but you would think that no sacrifices were ever made by the claims you see going against white people that are being made today. One thing I learned or always believed in life, and that is exactly what Martin Luther King had said, that you judge a man or a woman by the content of their character, and not by the color of their skin, so no matter what happened to me back in the day, I am still no racist to this very day, and I have great black friends whom I cherish, but for those who group themselves together, and climb aboard the anti-white train, well I can see straight through you, and you don't fool me not one bit in life. I know what happened, I know what is happening today, because I have lived through it all, and I have seen it all.
Look. The truth is that whites are mentally superior to blacks. We have higher IQ's. They can't handle stress due to their lack of intellect/reasoning so they resort to impulsive feral behavior. Nothing will ever change with these type people. It's the truth. We've tried for 50+ years to help them out educational wise and financially. They never adapted to better themselves.

LMAO First of all, there isn't any such thing as 'white people.' But, in any case, whatever you are talking about, that group you consider yourself a part of, this group that apparently has a higher IQ level, it is an average of all such people in that category. It does not mean all people in that category have higher IQs than people of another group. Thus, you are not in a position to say "We have higher IQs." You, it's quite clear, do not fall in the higher zone. I mean: get real. You're taking credit for people who are smarter than you. Funny stuff. :lol:

I'm in Ohio and down by OSU it's the same thing. Very expensive near Campus but back out a little and it's cheap. You'll find six roomies living in a tiny, tiny little apartment or broken up old mansion. You see kids taking the bus or walking a lot more in Columbus.

I lived in Pebble Beach, Carmel while in college (small room out back). No way would I ever be able to buy a house in the Monterey area. Everything was so expensive unless you are making damn good money you are forking it all over just to live there.

I must say, I think it's worse than a little shady to hike rentals up that high in a campus area. We should be making education easier for people, not harder. There ought to be a law... Gouging is criminal especially for poor college kids..

I must say, I think it's worse than a little shady to hike rentals up that high in a campus area. We should be making education easier for people, not harder. There ought to be a law... Gouging is criminal especially for poor college kids..
Gouging college students is routine, look at the increase in tuition rates. Did education improve that much or is someone making a mint off of the students?

It certainly isn't helping the economy to allow it. The students get their education but they still don't have money to spend until they pay their loans off years later.

I wonder if the protestors will be out in force tonight now that it is raining torrents.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be such a bad thing if they were as most of them are sorely in need of a bath.

Forum List

Back