Live from the protests in Berkeley

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
So I'm currently sitting in a bar a few blocks from where the protest are getting started in Berkeley. The last two nights have seen a number of businesses vandalized, some fires started, and a couple arrests. I can hear the choppers circling and the protesters chanting.

I've decided to stay and watch the show, I'll try to keep updating what's going on when I can.

So far, there are a bunch of people in the intersection of Telegraph and Durant, it looks like the marchers are turning towards College Ave on Durant.

(None of this will make much sense to people unfamiliar to the streets of Berkeley and Oakland)

So I'm currently sitting in a bar a few blocks from where the protest are getting started in Berkeley. The last two nights have seen a number of businesses vandalized, some fires started, and a couple arrests. I can hear the choppers circling and the protesters chanting.

I've decided to stay and watch the show, I'll try to keep updating what's going on when I can.

So far, there are a bunch of people in the intersection of Telegraph and Durant, it looks like the marchers are turning towards College Ave on Durant.

(None of this will make much sense to people unfamiliar to the streets of Berkeley and Oakland)

Old acid tripping haunts.

Had some good times there back in the day.

I'm drinking Racer 5 from Bear Brewing Company at the moment.
I hate you right now. I got a 6 pack earlier this year but haven't been able to find it in the Chicago area since.

Do you get Pliny very often?

There are a few bars in the area that consistently have Pliny the Elder.

I've never fought the crowds for a glass of Younger, though.

Remember folks,
-Don't point a gun or a toy gun at the police
-Don't attempt to grab a officer's gun

Just follow the law and don't be dumb. I understand cops do bad things at times, but this is a very small number of them. It is a thousand times worse without them.

I hate you right now. I got a 6 pack earlier this year but haven't been able to find it in the Chicago area since.

I was able to get some Elder when I was out there earlier this year at Toronado in the Haight, really enjoyed that place. I need to do a yearly trip to the Bay Area just for the beer.

I was able to get some Elder when I was out there earlier this year at Toronado in the Haight, really enjoyed that place. I need to do a yearly trip to the Bay Area just for the beer.

Next time you're in SF, try Lucky 13 on Market. They have Pliny the Elder, as well as Dogfish 90 Minute, both for only $5.

Do you think that if the fires don't catch right away that the protestors will run home and ask their parents for some money so they can buy some more matches?

Remember folks,
-Don't point a gun or a toy gun at the police
-Don't attempt to grab a officer's gun

Just follow the law and don't be dumb. I understand cops do bad things at times, but this is a very small number of them. It is a thousand times worse without them.

Even Rand Paul acknowledges the FBI records that black men are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than whites. He wrote an op-ed in Time about it.
Join those of us here in reality. It will only hurt for a little while.

Analysis shows young black men are 21 times more likely than whites to be killed by police
Analysis shows young black men are 21 times more likely than whites to be killed by police

""....The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police."""

saw some footage, looks like a bunch of privileged white kids doing what the cool blacks kids are doing.

all full of the leftist ignorance of the facts

Like you just presented them in YOUR post?

RIghties on this board are the laziest people I've seen in my entire life.

Forum List

Back