little boy to his motherS I want to be a girl

Why are you attacking him?

Why are you being so mean to him?

Why are you such a bully?

She can't speak to my point. Simple as that.

I have spoken to your point. Your point is that lesbians are inadequate parents. That's wrong. You think this little boy's penis is endangered around lesbians, when what is going on, is that these parents have agonized over how to help their child, and have come to decide to delay puberty.

Again with you deciding what I think! Cut it out.
I think the boy's future emotional and physical health is being threatened by parents that have no idea what their child will want when he reaches the age where he can make that decision for himself.
Suppose they do delay puberty and at 16 the child makes his own decision to remain male. He'll likely go through puberty very rapidly and the musculoskeletal and hormonal changes that take place over several years likely won't happen normally.
Emotional effect would be that the child, at 16 would be physically and probably emotionally, 3 or 4 years behind his peers. Take it from me, that's no picnic there, Sky.

So the OP believes that laws should be passed to ban all gay adoption based on the actions of one couple? ONE couple? No no, let's not draw conclusions about that one couple, but instead generalize them to the entire population. Smart. Because straight parents have never done any wrong by their children?

Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, large scale studies show that children raised by gay couples are emotionally more stable than their peers, and make higher incomes when older.

Like I said, I'm glad such a thing wasn't around when I was a kid, or I'd be in real trouble now, if I was still alive.

Every child, at one time or another, wants to be the opposite sex. If you knew children, you would understand this. The decision should not be made until HE or SHE is able to make that decision on their own.

At 18, he can change into a girl, if he still wants to, and if he doesn't want to, he wouldn't have had all those negative side affects.

When it comes to kids, yeah, this is a "one size fits all" decision. Kids are kids. Let him BE a kid.

Let this child be the kid he is. Not the one that YOU think he should be. Let these families make their own heartfelt decisions on behalf of the child they love.

Educate yourself about transgender people. Meet some. Talk to them. Listen and open your mind. You might learn something.

What kid do you think I think he should be? He's a CHILD, let him be a child. No one should have the right to make a decision like this for a child, not even the child, and most especially not at SEVEN!!!!

Defend these people all you like, I hope to hear this story again in the future and hopefully he/she will be happy, but I heartily doubt it.

"These people"? They are human beings just like you are, and they are parents just like you are, and they have their child's best interest at heart, just like you do.

"These people" are just like you. You just have prejudice against them. You haven't walked in their shoes.

Frankly, I don't know what I'd do if I was the parent of a transgender child. What I don't do, is judge these parents as somehow alien to the human race because they make a difficult call on behalf of their child.

Once again, we butt heads because you are unable to open your mind to people who are different from you.

Logical fallacy again. I've said no such thing. Learn to debate honestly.
Again, Sky, if I had said you said that, you might have a point.

Read the sentence again and see if you can figure out what it actually says.

*sigh*

Try and debate honestly for a change.
So, you cannot comprehend my sentences and that means, to you, that I am not debating honestly?

And, somehow you think telling me a sentence of the form "Stop beating your wife for a change" is honest.

That's a fucked up view.

You need to stop, take a breath, read what is actually written, nothing more, and stop projecting so much and YOU might actually learn something.

There is nothing more tedious than repeating for the dense.

So the OP believes that laws should be passed to ban all gay adoption based on the actions of one couple? ONE couple? No no, let's not draw conclusions about that one couple, but instead generalize them to the entire population. Smart. Because straight parents have never done any wrong by their children?

Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, large scale studies show that children raised by gay couples are emotionally more stable than their peers, and make higher incomes when older.

My point exactly. Some of the posters on this thread have an ax to grind because the parents are lesbian. Their presumption is the parents are making the wrong call because they are lesbian.

Let this child be the kid he is. Not the one that YOU think he should be. Let these families make their own heartfelt decisions on behalf of the child they love.

Educate yourself about transgender people. Meet some. Talk to them. Listen and open your mind. You might learn something.

What kid do you think I think he should be? He's a CHILD, let him be a child. No one should have the right to make a decision like this for a child, not even the child, and most especially not at SEVEN!!!!

Defend these people all you like, I hope to hear this story again in the future and hopefully he/she will be happy, but I heartily doubt it.

"These people"? They are human beings just like you are, and they are parents just like you are, and they have their child's best interest at heart, just like you do.

"These people" are just like you. You just have prejudice against them. You haven't walked in their shoes.

Frankly, I don't know what I'd do if I was the parent of a transgender child. What I don't do, is judge these parents as somehow alien to the human race because they make a difficult call on behalf of their child.

Once again, we butt heads because you are unable to open your mind to people who are different from you.
What the fuck????

How the hell do you get from "these people" to her being prejudiced?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I'm trying to understand why he is so personally threatened by the very idea of gender reassignment.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD! I am NOT personally threatened, by anything or anyone, especially you, you twit! I am thinking of what is best for the child in the long term.

YOur idiotic argument is that this child is endangered because his lesbian parents are making the wrong decision on his behalf.

I maintain that it is up to the parents, and I assume the parents are responsible. You do not because you are so prejudiced against lesbians.
I don't care if his parents are Martians. They should let this child make his own decision when he reaches legal age to make it.

PLEASE stop presuming you know my motivation for anything, Sky.

Again, Sky, if I had said you said that, you might have a point.

Read the sentence again and see if you can figure out what it actually says.

*sigh*

So, you cannot comprehend my sentences and that means, to you, that I am not debating honestly?

And, somehow you think telling me a sentence of the form "Stop beating your wife for a change" is honest.

That's a fucked up view.

You need to stop, take a breath, read what is actually written, nothing more, and stop projecting so much and YOU might actually learn something.

You need to stop putting words in your debate opponents mouth and start debating honestly for a change.

Take one sentence from an article, (that I have provided by the way) and show your point.

Ridiculous.

The child in the OP is far from emotionally stable. Maybe you should read before you post?

Just a thought.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD! I am NOT personally threatened, by anything or anyone, especially you, you twit! I am thinking of what is best for the child in the long term.

YOur idiotic argument is that this child is endangered because his lesbian parents are making the wrong decision on his behalf.

I maintain that it is up to the parents, and I assume the parents are responsible. You do not because you are so prejudiced against lesbians.
I don't care if his parents are Martians. They should let this child make his own decision when he reaches legal age to make it.

PLEASE stop presuming you know my motivation for anything, Sky.

Your previous statements prove otherwise. You have stated that lesbians have confusion about their gender and for that reason they are incapable of deciding what is in the best interest of their child.

Now you're trying to wiggle out of that position.

Let me find your exact words.

Here is your idiotic argument:

"No, silly, not because they are lesbian, but because they have a confused or unconventional sexual identity and have raised a child amid the confusion.
Suppose a child was raised by heterosexual parents both having only one arm. This child is raised in a home where the handicap is normal. Both parents appear to function well and take care of her well, love her and provide a stable environment.
Now, suppose at the age of 3, the child starts to wear her shirts with one arm inside, hidden from view. She is only emulating her parents, not asking that her arm be lopped off. Even she does, at 7, ask to have her arm removed so she's just like mommy and daddy, would you schedule her for surgery?"

Last edited:

Ridiculous.

My point exactly. Some of the posters on this thread have an ax to grind because the parents are lesbian. Their presumption is the parents are making the wrong call because they are lesbian.

They're making the wrong call because they are making the wrong call.

I don't care what version of plumbing they prefer.

That's a fucked up view.

You need to stop putting words in your debate opponents mouth and start debating honestly for a change.

Ummm, Sky? You said I said something I clearly didn't.

You clearly did not understand at all a simple sentence.

Read. Comprehend. And, be honest, for once. (Right back atcha, sweetie! ;))

Ridiculous.

YOU don't get to make that call. THEY DO. It's their kid, not yours. They are the parents.

That's my point. One size fits all decisions don't work for transgender kids. It has to be taken on a case by case basis.

That's a fucked up view.

Ummm, Sky? You said I said something I clearly didn't.

You clearly did not understand at all a simple sentence.

Read. Comprehend. And, be honest, for once. (Right back atcha, sweetie! ;))

Try being honest for a change. You really aren't interested in discussing this topic from various different points of view.

I am.

Parents of transgender kids have a hard row to how. Almost anything they decide could have devastating consequences for their kid. Most posters on this thread presume the parents made the wrong call, I don't.

I don't know if they did or they didn't. What I notice is that folks are having a hard time having any compassion for the child or the parents in this case. IMO, that occurs because of bias toward transgender kids and lesbian parents.

Educate yourselves. Open your minds. Try and get to know some lesbian parents and parents of transgender kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridiculous.

Link?

YOU don't get to make that call. THEY DO. It's their kid, not yours. They are the parents.

That's my point. One size fits all decisions don't work for transgender kids. It has to be taken on a case by case basis.

Abusing a child is societies call.

Too bad for you.

That's a fucked up view.

Take one sentence from an article, (that I have provided by the way) and show your point.
How about you set an example, you fucking hypocrite.

Now, I'll leave you all to what you do best. RANT.

Have fun attacking my character for having a different view from you. My view is that it is up to the parents to make this call, and that I presume the parents love their children and want to do what is best for them.

THEY get to make this call. YOU don't.

Bye.

Last edited:
Why are you attacking him?

Why are you being so mean to him?

Why are you such a bully?

She can't speak to my point. Simple as that.

I have spoken to your point. Your point is that lesbians are inadequate parents. That's wrong. You think this little boy's penis is endangered around lesbians, when what is going on, is that these parents have agonized over how to help their child, and have come to decide to delay puberty.

Just a reminder. I did say i would point it out to you when you did it

The idea that you know me, and my opinion, better than I know it myself, is a putdown. To say someone doesn't know their own mind is degrading. T

Forum List

Back