Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) won't vote to replace Ginsburg until inauguration

If Romney, Grassley and Gardner (or just two of them) decides to join Murkowski and Collins, there won't be a replacement until January.
This is getting interesting.

It really gets interesting if Kelly wins in Arizona
He will be able to take office right after the election flipping another seat.

If Romney, Grassley and Gardner (or just two of them) decides to join Murkowski and Collins, there won't be a replacement until January.

Well, you got the most obvious two. Maybe Romney just because he hates Trump. Then the sledding gets difficult. And you're assuming no one in the Democrat party flips. Manchin and some in the west are a definite possiblity.

Anyway, you got the two most useless Republicans who always capitulate to the Democrats and never get anything back in return for it ever. If anyone had said "name two," it would have been those two. It's pathetic
They are both worthless and weak.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Biden has no obligation to release a list...because he isn't President.
Look, I was giving you the doubt of being a dingbat. Alas, I was wrong,

Alas, you being the Trump supporter you are, how is it you can't see that Biden putting together a list of potential SC nominees only helps Trump and the Republicans?
Again, Biden isn't President. If he wins on November 3rd, then people will start caring about his "list"...but he still can't do anything about it until January 20th.
Biden will not win in November. Steal the election perhaps...but win it? Never.
Planning for your defeat so early?

Not going to happen. Harbinger of 2020 Prez race.

Alas, you being the Trump supporter you are, how is it you can't see that Biden putting together a list of potential SC nominees only helps Trump and the Republicans?
Again, Biden isn't President. If he wins on November 3rd, then people will start caring about his "list"...but he still can't do anything about it until January 20th.
Not even close pal. More tears for you on election night.

no doubt----all of cyberspace is waiting for my (rosie)
opinion. My opinion: there is enough shit flying around NOW-----a scotus confirmation hearing WILL . NO DOUBT,
transform itself into a worse CIRCUS than did that of ---poor Justice Thomas. DON'T DO IT-----I am just not
up to it..........

Not going to happen. Harbinger of 2020 Prez race.

Kelly will easily beat unpopular McSally and lead Democrats to a historic defeat in once solid red Arizona

Pubs have to get this done. It will kill the Dim base for the election if this is already done.

It ain't over until the fat Hillary sings!
And she hasn't sung for years.....

Suggesting we'll have new judge before the election is ludicrous. The average time between nomination and confirmation for the 9(including RBG) is 79 days, taking us to just before Xmas, if the nom is made tomorrow. Add that to the fact that Congress will be going into recess and there's no way it'll happen before the inauguration.
Here's how long it's taken to confirm past Supreme Court justices
I think the point is that they are well aware of the shot clock
Then they should realize they don't have the time. There's no overtime in this game and the Dems aren't going to cooperate. I'm sure even the Republicans realize Trump's wishes are unattainable, but most are to cowed to say so. They just want to go home and campaign, but are stuck with a narcissistic b*tthole as their leader.

That you hate Trump isn't an argument for anything other than you hate Trump

The key is won’t vote till after the election.

Does that mean she will see who wins to decide to confirm or that she and Collins will wait till the election is over and confirm anyway

McConnell will give refuge to those Senators in tight races. Collins and Gardner can vote no. Murkowski, Romney, and Grassley aren't up for re-election. So I expect them to fall in line after a lot of talking to the press about...whatever. :)
You need five firm defections to prevent seating a Trump picked SC nominee.
Not a bad call. This isn't about Trump and the scary thought of Biden appointees is enough for any person of rationale to confirm any of Trump's nominations.

Of course Biden could counter this by naming his prospective nominees, but he won't. He wouldn't be allowed to by his handlers even if he had any idea of what was going on.

Well, time and opposition will be the indicators of if Trump and McConnell can ram an appointee through. Biden has no obligation to release a list...because he isn't President.
No matter what your opinion of him is, if you were advising him, would you give your opposition any ammunition to use against you?...ah..no. :)

Exactly, that is why Trump needs to push forward with his nomination. This is politics and each side needs to do what they need to do to get or keep power. It’s not fair, it’s not equal.

You can’t tell me if the roles were reversed that the Democrats wouldn’t take advantage. Both parties believe they know what is best for America, with that, it would be incumbent of them to take advantage when given the advantage.

I have had enough of this stupid bitch. Brain freeze has set in in Alaska. I wouldn't even allow her to caucus with Republicans I think she is a goddamn Democrat spy.

She always pulls this shit, her, Mittens and that dingbat from Maine.

Attention seeking time!!!!!!

You better pray. Tell that to millions of millions of Americans that are sufferings right now with very small hope of recovery because of Trump.

Keep an eye out for Kate Todd to replace RBG. She's supposed to be a frontrunner. She can be summarized as a Chamber of Commerce lawyer, and therefore the female version of James Ho on immigration. Husband is NeverTrumper/Bushite Gordon Todd

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Getting those excuses ready eh?

McConnell will give refuge to those Senators in tight races. Collins and Gardner can vote no. Murkowski, Romney, and Grassley aren't up for re-election. So I expect them to fall in line after a lot of talking to the press about...whatever. :)
Not a bad call. This isn't about Trump and the scary thought of Biden appointees is enough for any person of rationale to confirm any of Trump's nominations.

Of course Biden could counter this by naming his prospective nominees, but he won't. He wouldn't be allowed to by his handlers even if he had any idea of what was going on.

Well, time and opposition will be the indicators of if Trump and McConnell can ram an appointee through. Biden has no obligation to release a list...because he isn't President.
No matter what your opinion of him is, if you were advising him, would you give your opposition any ammunition to use against you?...ah..no. :)

Exactly, that is why Trump needs to push forward with his nomination. This is politics and each side needs to do what they need to do to get or keep power. It’s not fair, it’s not equal.

You can’t tell me if the roles were reversed that the Democrats wouldn’t take advantage. Both parties believe they know what is best for America, with that, it would be incumbent of them to take advantage when given the advantage.

The roles were reversed four years ago. But the same dude was heading the Senate. The guy from bourbon country who now speaketh out of both sides of his mouth. :)

The roles were reversed four years ago. But the same dude was heading the Senate. The guy from bourbon country who now speaketh out of both sides of his mouth. :)

They weren't reversed. Democratic President, Republican Senate. This time it is a Republican President and a Republican Senate.

Now, it it were a Republican President and a Democratic Senate, that would be the opposite or a Democratic President and a Democratic Senate that would be opposite and you and I know damn well, the Democrats would have pushed to block or confirm depending on what was best for them, and I wouldn't blame them either. If the Democrats had screwed things up and made it a simple majority for confirmations, this discussion would be happening, however when they changed the rules, it benefited Democrats and I said it would one day bite them in the ass, guess what, I was right.

Politicians have spoke out of both sides of their mouths for centuries, nothing new to see. Supreme Court Justices have been confirmed during election years many times. Dems are just pissed, like Republicans would be if the situation were reversed.

They weren't reversed. Democratic President, Republican Senate. This time it is a Republican President and a Republican Senate.

Now, it it were a Republican President and a Democratic Senate, that would be the opposite or a Democratic President and a Democratic Senate that would be opposite and you and I know damn well, the Democrats would have pushed to block or confirm depending on what was best for them, and I wouldn't blame them either. If the Democrats had screwed things up and made it a simple majority for confirmations, this discussion would be happening, however when they changed the rules, it benefited Democrats and I said it would one day bite them in the ass, guess what, I was right.

Politicians have spoke out of both sides of their mouths for centuries, nothing new to see. Supreme Court Justices have been confirmed during election years many times. Dems are just pissed, like Republicans would be if the situation were reversed.

Splitting hairs. Mitch set the precedent. Doesn't matter. Again, be careful what you wish for. An expanded SC, more "liberal" justices might be on the docket if Trump and Republicans take the bath they are on track to take on November 3rd.

"I did not support taking up a nomination eight months before the 2016 election to fill the vacancy created by the passing of Justice Scalia. We are now even closer to the 2020 election -- less than two months out -- and I believe the same standard must apply." ibid

Exactly.

The next appointment to the Supreme Court should be made by whomever wins the election this November.

Forum List

Back