Lions will break 0-16 ???

The Lions have been getting fucked by the refs for decades, but more often they've screwed themselves by making stupid mistakes. At least the current regime looks to be an improvement but it might take awhile to assemble the required talent and culture.
They got some killer draft picks for Stafford, but the Rams still got a bargain.

As I see it, the Lions had to take Goff in the deal or there wouldn't have been a deal. The Rams couldn't have afforded to keep Goff and his bloated salary, and he wasn't going to take them very far in the playoffs.

I think they will keep him for a couple of years cuz the dead money is a killer, and in the meantime draft a decent college QB and maybe by that time they'll have a competitive team.

Yeah, lots of people have walked away from the NFL, NBA, MLB, and some other sports. Personally, I don't need the fucking politics, STFU and play ball already. But I've been watching Lions football on TV for 60 years, and it's hard to walk away. I know what you're thinking, that poor bastard.
I don't know that Goff will last the season.

Look for Detroit to use one of their 1st round picks to grab a QB ASAP.

Last edited:
yep and that is because 0f the answers i gave in my previous post before yours. anybody who thinks they are going to ever go to the superbowl in their lifetime,is living in a fantasyland.It has nothing to do with poor ownership or bad drafts,it is because of that reason it will never happen. Not too hard to understand the reason WHY they have been fucked over by the refs for DECADES just as you said so well. when I used to watch all playoff games I remember that cowboys/Lions game when the Lions totally got robbed by the refs.

If you recall,the refs initially correctly called pass interference against one of the cowboys players who was all over one of the LIons receivers MUGGING him on a third down pass play ,and then later on,the asshole paid ref then picked up the flag and said it was fourth down for the Lions without even given an explanation why he picked up the flag and said there was no penalty.

It was a critical non call that cost the Lions that game.The patriots have ALWAYS had the refs in their corner the past 20 years giving them all the calls that were critical to give them the victory as well just as they did with the cowboys that day against the Lions. I wised up to all that 10 years ago or so that they were playing us and have not watched a playoff game sense then, l did not even watch the Rams/Patriots superbowl knowing what the outcome was going to be.Last superbowl I watched was the Pats/seahawks game,another obviously rigged game for the patriots to win with help from the seahawks coach throwing it for them as well.

That playoff game where the refs robbed the Lions of that victory for the Cowboys is not the first time the refs have done that against the Lions either,as you said so well they have been doing that for DECADES to them for that very reason to keep them from ever going to the superbowl. Its a fucked up world we live in,
The Seahawks were totally robbed; worst reffed game I've ever seen.

But wasn't it against the Steelers?

Last edited:
For me I bagged NFL football not for political reasons as others have but for the two reasons that these games are so obviously fixed and rigged especially patriots games where they ALWAYS get all the calls never getting bad calls against them and the bad calls ALWAYS go against the other teams at the most critical times giving them the victory to them in the AFC games and like i said,they have it fixed so your Lions will never get to the superbowl.

I mean if anybody cannot see it that the refs wanted to make sure the Cowboys won that playoff game against your Lions that year picking up the flag which cost the Lions the game and not even giving an explanation for picking it up,then they are hopeless and will NEVER wake up that the NFL has the system fixed for them to never get to the superbowl.:rolleyes-41: caus elike you said,that was not a one time thing,the refs have been doing that against then for DECADES now.

for that reason and the NFL owners dont give a shit about history and tradition,that it has sadly come down to putting shiny brand new state of the art facilitys ahead of history and tradition,becoming a circus where you not only do not know what city your favorite player will be in next year,you dont even know what city your favorite team will be in next year. those two reasons for me is why i say fuck the NFL, give me UCLA college footballl anyday of the year over that bullshit. I thought that bullshit of teams moving all the time had finally stopped in the 90's but obviously i was wrong and they dont even follow the rules they make for relocation,why make rules if you are not gong to follow them?:uhoh3:

sounds like a pretty fucked up corrupt cartel to me.
UCLA! :)

I do not believe that any amount of research will turn up any evidence of such a deal as you describe, the NFL is not going to leave anything that might substantiate that claim. I can see where some might think such an agreement was made, but if it ever came to light with some evidence to support it then the NFL would take a humongous hit. Ergo, the possibility that some information will be revealed is I think not very likely.

I remember that Cowboys game, and yes that call (non-call) was a travesty. I think it is true that some teams get more of a benefit of a doubt when it comes to officiating, while it goes the other way for other teams like the Lions. I think you probably will see it in other sports too, teams like the Lakers and the Celtics get a break but the sad-sacks don't. Partly it's a human condition to go with the crowd, that's why home teams get more favorable treatment from the refs than the visitors do. And so it is also with the Pats, the Steelers, and the fucking Packers.
The non-call in the Saints/Rams NFC title game should have been criminally investigated; the Saints would have beaten the Pats in the SB...

Hundreds of millions in bets riding on both games, and that wasn't fixed?

No way.

MinTrut
And the Lions struggling high 1st round CB is done for the year

The Rams should at least make the NFC title game

task0778
Stafford can still play at a high level despite so many injuries
Stafford played at a high level Sunday night against a decent Bears defense.

The Rams should at least make the NFC title game

You never know who's gonna be healthy and who isn't. Plus those damn refs can cost you big if they mess up at the wrong moment. But the Rams do look good right now, and I'd love to see Stafford make it to the big party.

Or close to it; they're on fire - like the Raiders.

Yeah, But OTOH, hot teams in September sometimes cool off before December/January. And vice versa. But, absent a slew of injuries to key players, I expect the Rams to be right there at the end of the season. I do think that LA might be the NFL darling this year; if there is a fix in then they might be the recipient this year instead of the screwed.

0-17 , yes lol
The Lions looked decent in the 1st half and were up 17-14. But then sucked big time in the 2nd half and looked bad enough to lose every game. Goff looked like he can't hold onto the ball when it gets wet, and the Lions defense never really showed up at all. You can't win if you can't stop the other team from scoring.

The Lions looked decent in the 1st half and were up 17-14. But then sucked big time in the 2nd half and looked bad enough to lose every game. Goff looked like he can't hold onto the ball when it gets wet, and the Lions defense never really showed up at all. You can't win if you can't stop the other team from scoring.
The Lions last won a championship in 1957. They’ve sucked ever since. The Ford’s bought them in the early 1960s. I suspect they have a lot to do with their amazing consistency.

I’m genuinely surprised after decades of losing, there still are Lion fans.

Broke the streak with a tie against Pittsburg. They need to back to sudden death. With just a few seconds left they should have tried for a long field goal. It would be a great long shot to get it done. :cool: :cool:

The Lions defense showed up against Pittsburgh, but their QB and their kicker let them down. The RBs did really good, rushed for over 200 yards and you don't see that very often by the Lions or the Steeler defense either. But then they stacked the box with 8 or 9 guys and stuffed the Lions RBs and put it on Goff but that man truly sucks. It was raining and he has big trouble holding onto the ball but at least he didn't fumble it away. So, the good news is that the Lions did not lose, but the bad news is that they didn't win either and they shoulda won that one.

The Lions defense showed up against Pittsburgh, but their QB and their kicker let them down. The RBs did really good, rushed for over 200 yards and you don't see that very often by the Lions or the Steeler defense either. But then they stacked the box with 8 or 9 guys and stuffed the Lions RBs and put it on Goff but that man truly sucks. It was raining and he has big trouble holding onto the ball but at least he didn't fumble it away. So, the good news is that the Lions did not lose, but the bad news is that they didn't win either and they shoulda won that one.
Two weeks in a row lions did not lose.

Forum List

Back