Lindsey Graham calls on US to 'terrorize' drug cartels after killings

I don't see how starting a war with Mexico, which would include attacking innocent people, is going to solve the problem. Maybe if we could be sure we were only bombing cartels, I'd be in favor of that

What would you like to do to China? Invade their country? Drop some nukes? Pretty sure that'll be a short war. Wave your finger at them enthusiastically and admonish them? :)
How about Mexico? Little closer to home. Wanna invade them? Conduct a stealth war?..sure invade a sovereign country. Sure that will go over well

I don't know. Maybe you've watched "Clear and Present Danger" too many times. We've waged a "war on drugs" for over 50 years. It's been a resounding failure.
Don't you think it's time for a fresh approach?

Or do you just want to continue to use it as a political football?
How's that workin out for us now?
how about designating the cartels as terrorist orgs and treating them as such ? or do you believe said cartels dont commit acts of terrorism ?

how about designating the cartels as terrorist orgs and treating them as such ? or do you believe said cartels dont commit acts of terrorism ?
Fine. Then what? These cartels exist in sovereign countries. You going to send troops or invade them? Don't think that'll fly. :)

Fine. Then what? These cartels exist in sovereign countries. You going to send troops or invade them? Don't think that'll fly. :)
ever heard of drones ? destroy the production facilities ... thousands more Americans will die from fentanyl this month alone if nothing is done .

ever heard of drones ? destroy the production facilities ... thousands more Americans will die from fentanyl this month alone if nothing is done .
Again. You're missing the words "sovereign country". Sending drones in without any cooperation or approval from these governments is tantamount to a declaration of war....on the country...not the bad guys. :)
And just destroying production facilities is useless. Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.

Again. You're missing the words "sovereign country". Sending drones in without any cooperation or approval from these governments is tantamount to a declaration of war....on the country...not the bad guys. :)
on the way to 100 thousand dead Americans this year alone from fentanyl ..

on the way to 100 thousand dead Americans this year alone from fentanyl ..
And? You're still not presenting me with any viable alternatives to curb the flow of drugs into this country. Because you don't address the demand. Just kneejerk solutions borne from outrage.
I AM presenting you with one. Legalize it...all of it. Tax it. Regulate it. Devote significantly more money to addiction treatment and counseling.

Our drug problem will be largely gone inside of 10 years.

There is a line you don’t cross

Murdering tourists in the middle of the day in a border town crosses that line. If tourists do not feel safe, they will not come.

Someone in the cartel screwed up big time and is bringing unwanted heat onto the cartel. I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn over the killers just to end the heat.

Did I call it or what?
All those years of watching Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul make me an expert on Mexican Drug Cartels

The Gulf Cartel, Scorpion Group, strongly condemns the events of last Friday," the letter continues, referring to a division of the cartel. "For this reason, we decided to hand over those directly involved and responsible for the acts, who at all times acted under their own determination and indiscipline and against the rules in which the [Gulf Cartel] always operates."

Amazing to watch as the cartel tries to legitimize itself

“The [Gulf Cartel] apologizes to the society of Matamoros, the relatives of Ms. Areli, and the affected American people and families,"

And? You're still not presenting me with any viable alternatives to curb the flow of drugs into this country. Because you don't address the demand. Just kneejerk solutions borne from outrage.
I AM presenting you with one. Legalize it...all of it. Tax it. Regulate it. Devote significantly more money to addiction treatment and counseling.

Our drug problem will be largely gone inside of 10 years.
we are talking about fentanyl not coke or weed ... or should we legalize heroin and fentanyl too ?

Yes, I'm all for this!!

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) called on the Biden administration and Congress to “unleash" the U.S. military against Mexican cartels following the kidnappings and killings of U.S. citizens in Matamoros, Tamaulipas.

So, we care about what Lindsay 'I'm a political whore' Graham says now? Declare war on Mexico? That's your idea of a good idea? We're in trouble, folks.

Did I call it or what?
All those years of watching Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul make me an expert on Mexican Drug Cartels

The Gulf Cartel, Scorpion Group, strongly condemns the events of last Friday," the letter continues, referring to a division of the cartel. "For this reason, we decided to hand over those directly involved and responsible for the acts, who at all times acted under their own determination and indiscipline and against the rules in which the [Gulf Cartel] always operates."
You did.

I did not think they would but you did call it.

Deport all the druggies in this country to Mexico. If we didn't have so many loser addicts here, we wouldn't have this problem to begin with.

Outside of that, I would bomb the fuck out of cartel encampments, compounds, whatever and wherever.

And yes, obviously it will never happen. Unfortunately.

we are talking about fentanyl not coke or weed ... or should we legalize heroin and fentanyl too ?
Yes. It is too powerful to be left to the black market which has no regulations on purity or dosing. That is why it is so deadly. It is being marketed as Vicodin, Percocet or other prescription pills. Then when the users take them as if they were the same as prescription pill, they OD.

Since they can't curb illegal drugs they restricted access to prescription painkillers, which is also driving average citizens to the black market for relief.

Forum List

Back