Limbaugh's weaker than water "apology"

Looks like the Left is just pissy because they can't beat this dead horse anymore. The man apologized. And that's more than hateful Left nutters ever do. It's over. Time to move on.

Did you let Monica Lewinsky go? He's the spokesperson of the GOP. We are in an election year. Imagine the thousands of undecided or new voters that Rush has pushed over to our side???

Sure. Thousands of new voters just drooling :eusa_drool: to vote for Obie.
Less then 5 per cent of the electorate will remember this come next November. (And I'm being generous!).
You are a F'ing idiot!!!

The tone of Limbaugh's rant, the words he carefully chose are intended to silence women in this argument. If the first impression is a woman seeking birth control is a slut, a prostitute, any opinion voiced by them is made to sound as if it has the credibility and heart of a prostitute. The fact that the Republican controlled hearings on this matter featured testimony from men and not women further refines the intended message: sit down and shut up we're in control now.

Limbaugh 'apologized' on a weekend by means of his website. What will he say Monday afternoon? I'm sure that's what was behind the means and temper of his statement. rush is out to make a buck and surely his listenership will get a bump on the first few days of this week. But his overall ratings are sagging and the pressure advertisers put to bear can make even Jabba the Rush squirm.

He's a fascinating character, that rush! He accused President clinton of coarsening the culture with those White House trysts. I wonder how coarse the culture is after he proclaims women who use birth control are sluts?

How many more silly fires will the responsible Republicans have to put out before someone muzzles Rush for good?

The tone of Limbaugh's rant, the words he carefully chose are intended to silence women in this argument. If the first impression is a woman seeking birth control is a slut, a prostitute, any opinion voiced by them is made to sound as if it has the credibility and heart of a prostitute. The fact that the Republican controlled hearings on this matter featured testimony from men and not women further refines the intended message: sit down and shut up we're in control now.

Limbaugh 'apologized' on a weekend by means of his website. What will he say Monday afternoon? I'm sure that's what was behind the means and temper of his statement. rush is out to make a buck and surely his listenership will get a bump on the first few days of this week. But his overall ratings are sagging and the pressure advertisers put to bear can make even Jabba the Rush squirm.

He's a fascinating character, that rush! He accused President clinton of coarsening the culture with those White House trysts. I wonder how coarse the culture is after he proclaims women who use birth control are sluts?

How many more silly fires will the responsible Republicans have to put out before someone muzzles Rush for good?
:clap2: :clap2:

Looks like the Left is just pissy because they can't beat this dead horse anymore. The man apologized. And that's more than hateful Left nutters ever do. It's over. Time to move on.

Did you let Monica Lewinsky go? He's the spokesperson of the GOP. We are in an election year. Imagine the thousands of undecided or new voters that Rush has pushed over to our side???

Less then 5 per cent of the electorate will remember this come next November. (And I'm being generous!).
You are a F'ing idiot!!!
Wanna make a bet?

Women WILL NOT forget this, nor will the dems not capitalize on this fully and remind them in ad after ad - and I don't blame them.

WTF?? Rush Limbaugh is the spokesperson of the GOP? You're FUCKING NUTS!! Nobody elected that fat fuck to ANYTHING! You fucking libs just make shit up like children and their imaginary friends!

Many people THINK Limbaugh IS the Republican party. The Republicans REALLY need to distance themselves from him. He is doing it irreparable harm.

Radio Talk Show Host/President of the United States. Yeah, not the same thing huh? No offense, but you're not too bright. :cuckoo:

He was losing sponsors.

But he didn't have the balls to apologize on his show.

He had to post it on his website.

What a pussy.

Yup, it was ALL about the money, which is all Rush cares about anyway. That and his reverential fame. I bet he's been gettin' an earful from Republican officials behind the scene who told him that Rush was killing their chances this fall.

He talks a good game, but at the end of the day, he's a bitch with a boss like anyone else.

The Mattress Mafia must have put the arm on him. :lol::lol::lol:

He does not have the righ to slander a private citizen.

Well, actually, he does. She stopped being a "private citizen" the minute she got up in front of Congress and testified and took a political stand. Then she became a "political activist", which is pretty much stepping up into the dunk-tank of public opinion.

Not saying this is "right" or even "good". In fact, I suspect a lot of people who would make good leaders stray away from politics because of EXACTLY this sort of thing.

But it's part and parcel of our system. Even back to the oldie days when they talked about Thomas Jefferson's mistress or slandered Andrew Jackson's wife.

(Of course, Andrew liked to challenge people to duels. Maybe we need to bring that back!)

Actually, no she didn't.

Public figure is a legal term applied in the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy. A public figure (such as a politician, celebrity, or business leader) cannot base a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice (knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth[1] ). The burden of proof in defamation actions is higher in the case of a public figure.

[edit] U.S. lawThe controlling precedent in the United States was set in 1964 by the United States Supreme Court in New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. It is considered a key decision in supporting the First Amendment and freedom of the press.

A fairly high threshold of public activity is necessary to elevate people to public figure status. Typically, they must either be:

a public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or
a limited purpose public figure, meaning those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." A "particularized determination" is required to decide whether a person is a limited purpose public figure, which can be variously interpreted.According to attorney Aaron Larson,[citation needed][2]

Public figure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But even if she did become a public figure she did nothing to cast herself into the nomenclature Limbaugh used to lambast her. He was malicious and his comments harmful.

Well, it's a fine line. But here's the reality.

She's a college student who apparently struggles to pay tuition and birth control.

Rush makes 50 million a year on the radio, and was able to hire lawyers who beat a drug beef where they caught him pretty much red-handed.

Legal Firepower is what wins court cases...

Almost time for you four year locust Paulbots to move back into your burrows, isn't it?

Whatever Obama-Bot. Hateful Left nutters like you never apologize for their absurd & hurtful comments. You Douchers even went after Palin's children for God's sake. Limbaugh apologized. It's over. I know it upsets you that you can't milk it anymore, but it is over. So time for a reboot there Obama-Bot. :)

You are a F'ing idiot!!!
Wanna make a bet?

Women WILL NOT forget this, nor will the dems not capitalize on this fully and remind them in ad after ad - and I don't blame them.

Fortunately, you do not speak for most women.
Between now and next Nov., most women (not you, tho'), will have been filling up their SUV's at the pump to drop off their kids for school, continue to pay for increased food prices, and some aware ones may be even aware of continued runaway debt (hell, some may realize that Greece has begun to get their fiscal house in order, even before us!).
I welcome the Dems in an attempt to capitalize on this and hope they will spend alot of money on ad after ad.............:clap2:.

Last edited:
Here's the text of the so-called "apology" issued Saturday by the Fat Man. If this was any weaker, it would look like swiss cheese with all the holes in it. Of course, it'll appease his dittoloonies.

"For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

"I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

"My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."

I wonder if Limbaugh's apology will cause rioting and U.S. soldiers to be murdered. :eek:

What really pisses me off is that the leftist SCUM in this country say ABOMINABLE things about non-leftist people, every minute of every day, and NOBODY is asking any of the leftists to APOLOGIZE.............unless of course you are a leftist who is apologizing to terrorists for the behavior of "disrespectful" Americans.

The leftists and the haters and the bedwetting progressives in this country can PACK SAND. How about you FREAKS apologize for the horrible things you have said about people like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Michelle Malkin, and other conservative females? Until that time, or when hell freezes over, whichever comes first, STFU!

Well, actually, he does. She stopped being a "private citizen" the minute she got up in front of Congress and testified and took a political stand. Then she became a "political activist", which is pretty much stepping up into the dunk-tank of public opinion.

Not saying this is "right" or even "good". In fact, I suspect a lot of people who would make good leaders stray away from politics because of EXACTLY this sort of thing.

But it's part and parcel of our system. Even back to the oldie days when they talked about Thomas Jefferson's mistress or slandered Andrew Jackson's wife.

(Of course, Andrew liked to challenge people to duels. Maybe we need to bring that back!)

Actually, no she didn't.

Public figure is a legal term applied in the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy. A public figure (such as a politician, celebrity, or business leader) cannot base a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice (knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth[1] ). The burden of proof in defamation actions is higher in the case of a public figure.

[edit] U.S. lawThe controlling precedent in the United States was set in 1964 by the United States Supreme Court in New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. It is considered a key decision in supporting the First Amendment and freedom of the press.

A fairly high threshold of public activity is necessary to elevate people to public figure status. Typically, they must either be:

a public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or
a limited purpose public figure, meaning those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." A "particularized determination" is required to decide whether a person is a limited purpose public figure, which can be variously interpreted.According to attorney Aaron Larson,[citation needed][2]

Public figure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But even if she did become a public figure she did nothing to cast herself into the nomenclature Limbaugh used to lambast her. He was malicious and his comments harmful.

Well, it's a fine line. But here's the reality.

She's a college student who apparently struggles to pay tuition and birth control.

Rush makes 50 million a year on the radio, and was able to hire lawyers who beat a drug beef where they caught him pretty much red-handed.

Legal Firepower is what wins court cases...

The judgment wouldn't be large in a case like this, but I don't know a single lawyer who wouldn't take the case for the notariety!~ It would be the best free advertising she could ever get!

Here's the text of the so-called "apology" issued Saturday by the Fat Man. If this was any weaker, it would look like swiss cheese with all the holes in it. Of course, it'll appease his dittoloonies.

"For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

"I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

"My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."

Does Rush realize that millions of married couples use birth control? It's about responsible parenthood not wanton sex

Forum List

Back