Limbaugh's weaker than water "apology"

I talked to one of my Republican friends today, and she said her 18 year old daughter got pregnant because she didn't have enough money to pay for birth control.

And she's a REPUBLICAN.

These are real life issues that women understand better than men.

Republican or Democrat, any girl not smart enough to get BC from Planned Parenthood DESERVES the consequences of her STUPIDITY. My God, this issue is NOT about access to birth control, you can get it almost ANYWHERE for FREE!!

This issue is about forcing unwilling people to PAY for it, one fucking way or another!

Yup. Just another Entitlement/Moocher Democrat.

I never said Rush should apologize.

He has a first amendment right to say whatever he wants. No matter how ugly or assinine.

My complaint is that the GOP let itself get suckered into this trap. Which I guess is inevitable when you have a political strategy based on playing on people's religion to get them to vote against their own economic interests, sometimes you have to pretend you care about the silly religious shit.

He does not have the righ to slander a private citizen.

Well, actually, he does. She stopped being a "private citizen" the minute she got up in front of Congress and testified and took a political stand. Then she became a "political activist", which is pretty much stepping up into the dunk-tank of public opinion.

Not saying this is "right" or even "good". In fact, I suspect a lot of people who would make good leaders stray away from politics because of EXACTLY this sort of thing.

But it's part and parcel of our system. Even back to the oldie days when they talked about Thomas Jefferson's mistress or slandered Andrew Jackson's wife.

(Of course, Andrew liked to challenge people to duels. Maybe we need to bring that back!)
Well, actually, he does. She stopped being a "private citizen" the minute she got up in front of Congress and testified and took a political stand. Then she became a "political activist", which is pretty much stepping up into the dunk-tank of public opinion.
IFFY. we'll see.

I talked to one of my Republican friends today, and she said her 18 year old daughter got pregnant because she didn't have enough money to pay for birth control.

And she's a REPUBLICAN.

Republican or Democrat, any girl not smart enough to get BC from Planned Parenthood DESERVES the consequences of her STUPIDITY. My God, this issue is NOT about access to birth control, you can get it almost ANYWHERE for FREE!!

This issue is about forcing unwilling people to PAY for it, one fucking way or another!

Wait a minute. Clearly by your comment you were in favor of cutting funding to Planned Parenthood, and now you want to use it as a source women can use to get free birth control?

Are you sure Planned Parenthood still exists after all the cuts/changes the GOP made during the Debt Ceiling fiasco?

Now listen and listen good. Free market For Profit PRIVATE insurance companies did a cost analysis on birth control and decided it would save them money if they provide contraception as preventative medicine. Much cheeper than paying for a child birth.

So you aren't paying for it. Its saving you money. Stop paying for contraceptives and watch your healthcare costs rise. Facts. So sort of goes against your GOP theory huh?
You have an amazing ability to read words that are not written, it seems to be a gift only brain-addled liberals get. Do you trade your common sense for it?

If for profit insurance companies thought it would increase their bottom line they'd ALREADY be providing that benefit FOR FREE. The FACT is that if that benefit is provided, SOMEBODY, namely the policyholder, is going to PAY for it. In the case of religious organizations, that's just not going to work.

You get the fucking insurance companies to stand up and SWEAR that this benefit won't cost policyholders ONE THIN DIME and you might be able to sway the majority opinion. Short of that it's all a bunch of bullshit.

Even back to the oldie days when they talked about Thomas Jefferson's mistress or slandered Andrew Jackson's wife.
Edith Wilson took a lot of heat also; she accepted it like a woman, and the JOB.

And she's a REPUBLICAN.

Seriously, Chris....you have a conversation with republicans about every issue you post on. Do you realize just how foolish you sound? I really doubt any republican in their right mind would take you serious enough to carry a conversation with you. :eusa_eh:

Hey Meister,

Response to dweebs aside, love your avatar of the Rosetta Nebula, ala the Hubble Space Telescope. Looks very cool. Gorgeous view of same in red hue of the H present.

Well chosen.

Robert

Not saying this is "right" or even "good". In fact, I suspect a lot of people who would make good leaders stray away from politics because of EXACTLY this sort of thing.

But it's part and parcel of our system. Even back to the oldie days when they talked about Thomas Jefferson's mistress or slandered Andrew Jackson's wife.

(Of course, Andrew liked to challenge people to duels. Maybe we need to bring that back!)
IFFY. we'll see.

I think not. There's a long standing position that political speech, no matter how vile, is protected under the first amendment, as it should be.

Otherwise we'd all be in trouble.

He was losing sponsors.

But he didn't have the balls to apologize on his show.

He had to post it on his website.

What a pussy.

Yup, it was ALL about the money, which is all Rush cares about anyway. That and his reverential fame. I bet he's been gettin' an earful from Republican officials behind the scene who told him that Rush was killing their chances this fall.

He talks a good game, but at the end of the day, he's a bitch with a boss like anyone else.

And she's a REPUBLICAN.

Wait a minute. Clearly by your comment you were in favor of cutting funding to Planned Parenthood, and now you want to use it as a source women can use to get free birth control?

Are you sure Planned Parenthood still exists after all the cuts/changes the GOP made during the Debt Ceiling fiasco?

Now listen and listen good. Free market For Profit PRIVATE insurance companies did a cost analysis on birth control and decided it would save them money if they provide contraception as preventative medicine. Much cheeper than paying for a child birth.

So you aren't paying for it. Its saving you money. Stop paying for contraceptives and watch your healthcare costs rise. Facts. So sort of goes against your GOP theory huh?
Georgetown will NOT run a cost analysis I bet.

Even back to the oldie days when they talked about Thomas Jefferson's mistress or slandered Andrew Jackson's wife.
Edith Wilson took a lot of heat also; she accepted it like a woman, and the JOB.

Edith Wilson kind of had it coming. What she did, essentially, keeping the Vice President and Congress in the dark about Wilson's incapacity, was reprehensible and had terrible consequences for the country.

Georgetown will NOT run a cost analysis I bet.
What nation do you reside in?

And she's a REPUBLICAN.

The keyword is 'force'. It is obvious that liberals like S-Bobo are control freaks whom want to impose their beliefs on all others through force, since they worship at the altar of Government.
But isn't this the purest expression of Liberalism? :sad:

Looks like the Left is just pissy because they can't beat this dead horse anymore. The man apologized. And that's more than hateful Left nutters ever do. It's over. Time to move on.

I never said Rush should apologize.

He has a first amendment right to say whatever he wants. No matter how ugly or assinine.

My complaint is that the GOP let itself get suckered into this trap. Which I guess is inevitable when you have a political strategy based on playing on people's religion to get them to vote against their own economic interests, sometimes you have to pretend you care about the silly religious shit.

Actually, no she didn't.

Public figure is a legal term applied in the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy. A public figure (such as a politician, celebrity, or business leader) cannot base a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice (knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth[1] ). The burden of proof in defamation actions is higher in the case of a public figure.

[edit] U.S. lawThe controlling precedent in the United States was set in 1964 by the United States Supreme Court in New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. It is considered a key decision in supporting the First Amendment and freedom of the press.

A fairly high threshold of public activity is necessary to elevate people to public figure status. Typically, they must either be:

a public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or
a limited purpose public figure, meaning those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." A "particularized determination" is required to decide whether a person is a limited purpose public figure, which can be variously interpreted.According to attorney Aaron Larson,[citation needed][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure

But even if she did become a public figure she did nothing to cast herself into the nomenclature Limbaugh used to lambast her. He was malicious and his comments harmful.

You have an amazing ability to read words that are not written, it seems to be a gift only brain-addled liberals get. Do you trade your common sense for it?

If for profit insurance companies thought it would increase their bottom line they'd ALREADY be providing that benefit FOR FREE. The FACT is that if that benefit is provided, SOMEBODY, namely the policyholder, is going to PAY for it. In the case of religious organizations, that's just not going to work.

You get the fucking insurance companies to stand up and SWEAR that this benefit won't cost policyholders ONE THIN DIME and you might be able to sway the majority opinion. Short of that it's all a bunch of bullshit.

The majority already understands what I am saying. You think you are a majority when you are actually a fringe thinker?

Its a fact jack. If they don't pay for birth control then they'll pay more for pregnancies.

Or if you want to say we are paying, then if WE don't pay for birth control it is going to raise premiums because of expensive child births.

Fact.

IFFY. we'll see.

I think not. There's a long standing position that political speech, no matter how vile, is protected under the first amendment, as it should be.

Otherwise we'd all be in trouble.
Political speech is. Slander isn't.

Looks like the Left is just pissy because they can't beat this dead horse anymore. The man apologized. And that's more than hateful Left nutters ever do. It's over. Time to move on.

Did you let Monica Lewinsky go? He's the spokesperson of the GOP. We are in an election year. Imagine the thousands of undecided or new voters that Rush has pushed over to our side???

The majority already understands what I am saying. You think you are a majority when you are actually a fringe thinker?

Its a fact jack. If they don't pay for birth control then they'll pay more for pregnancies.

Or if you want to say we are paying, then if WE don't pay for birth control it is going to raise premiums because of expensive child births.

Fact.

Fringe thinker?? You really are full of yourself, aren't you?

Get the insurance companies to TESTIFY or sit down and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

Did you let Monica Lewinsky go? He's the spokesperson of the GOP. We are in an election year. Imagine the thousands of undecided or new voters that Rush has pushed over to our side???

WTF?? Rush Limbaugh is the spokesperson of the GOP? You're FUCKING NUTS!! Nobody elected that fat fuck to ANYTHING! You fucking libs just make shit up like children and their imaginary friends!

Forum List

Back